Venril Sathir - unfair roadblock for some classes

Discussion in 'Zones and Population' started by ARCHIVED-LHFOwner2, Jan 19, 2009.

1. ARCHIVED-LHFOwner2 Guest

OK, I'll begin by saying I'm not looking for help and advice on the strategy for this guy or comments from ppl saying how easy and fun he is (because neither is true). We've been doing him for weeks now and know exactly what's needed (best try is down to 20%). I'm posting this in the hope that a dev will read it and reconsider the many fail conditions on this fight, given where he sits in progression (It's supposed to be T2 remember).
    The problem with this fight is that all 24 ppl in the raid need to concentrate 100% for the entire fight. Any LD's can wipe the raid for everyone, someone having to leave the keyboard in an emergency can wipe the raid, someone being tired and missing a cure or whatever can wipe the raid, one missed click on the statues can wipe the raid, someone lagging can wipe the raid, someone missing the detremental can wipe the raid - the list goes on.
    OK, so this guy is needed to allow access to Levi and for quite a few myth updates for classes. However, given that just one person is needed to zone the entire raid into Levi he's not actually a roadbloack for VP access and most guilds just skip him. We're doing VP and got past both Druushk and Nex fairly easily (and Nex as ppl will know isn't that easy a fight). So, we now have the situation where most ppl in the raid have or will get their myths very soon. However, for those classes that need VS for their myth update (myself included) we're stuffed until we get VS down. I could understand if VS and Levi were switched and EVERYONE needed to kill VS to progress into VP for example, but thats not the case - he's just a roadblock for some classes.
    Now, I'm lucky that my guild is still trying VS on a regular basis to get us our updates, but its time wasted when we could be doing VP and TSO and frustrating for all concerned. There must be many people though that don't have a guild that is prepared to try it regularily...and I know from talking to others that guilds have broken up over this guy.
    There's a reason no one wants to do this mob...its not fun or rewarding, plain and simple. We're here to have fun (and yes for some challenge) at the end of the day.
    Suggestions: Lower the % that he starts monitoring the raids power..to say start at 45%. Or reduce the frequency of the detrementals.
    Thanks for reading, I feel better to have got that off my chest
    iled (Mystic, Befallen)
  2. ARCHIVED-Henge42 Guest

I'll second that.
    On the face of it he doesn't seem to hard but something always seems to go wrong.
    All it probably needs is a few things toned down a bit.
  3. ARCHIVED-Narbuvold Guest

So you want him nerfed becoes you are unable to kill him?

Do like most guilds had to, sit down there for weeks learning the encounter and in the end you will manage to get him locked down. VS used to be the big block before you could do the harder zones and is ment to be really hard. The reason he is so early in progression is becoes he doesnt require gear or dps or anything like that, just consentration.
  4. ARCHIVED-eidand Guest

it is indeed a hard fight and one mistake from one person will wipe the raid.
    However he does prepare you for what comes ahead, other mobs will require 24 people to work together as one.
    I say stick at it and you will kill him when your raid plays like a team.
  5. ARCHIVED-Henge42 Guest

Well for some guilds it's hard enough getting 24 people let alone 24 who are competent and can concentrate.
    VS is now an expansion old and the top teir raid guilds are long past him, don't you thing others should perhaps have a sporting chance.
  6. ARCHIVED-LHFOwner2 Guest

Learning the encounter isn't the problem. We know what's needed. It's the many fail conditions I'm objecting to and the pure luck needed to get that 'perfect' fight. I don't have a problem having this type of fight somewhere in the progression - its just that he's in the wrong place and only really holds up some classes (that's my real problem with him). There's a reason guilds avoid this guy like the plague.
  7. ARCHIVED-Henge42 Guest

Mrrshan@Runnyeye wrote:
    Well, we've cleared over half way through VP and no mob so far has had such harsh fail conditions.
  8. ARCHIVED-CoLD MeTaL Guest

LHFOwner2 wrote:
    Totally agree with the current low populations on servers it is hard enough to get 24 people that can raid the same time slot, VS just has too many 'instant' wipe conditions.
  9. ARCHIVED-hellfire Guest

Errolflynn@Befallen wrote:
    Dont worry there are a boat load of those waiting for you in TSO.
    But As far as RoK Trakonon is like this.
    And their are a few in SoH like this also.
  10. ARCHIVED-LHFOwner2 Guest

I'm not worried about the others, as they don't hold up progression in quite the same way. They can be skipped, or not, depending on how ppl feel - the last couple of mobs in SoH for example are not essential (aside from some nice drops). The point of my VS objection is that he's a requirement for some ppl's myth updates.
  11. ARCHIVED-hellfire Guest

Well considering even the easiest TSO raid zones carry these type of mob ....you might want to get use to it unless just gonna stay in VP forever.
  12. ARCHIVED-oniasuka Guest

100% consentration is important for some raid mobs, not all of them are easy.
    Trak doesn't take that my paying attention if you don't have certain buffs. Byzola is kinda like this guy, with you having to be fast about curing.
    I honestly don't get why everyone has a hard time though. You watch your buffs, make sure to cure yourself, and keep your power in check. If there's a problem, you can drop people because you don't need a x4. Sure it can be hard at times, and you may wipe a few times. People will get upset, but it can be done if you go slow and just pay attention. I assure you that almost all the TSO mobs that I've encountered are like this too. It's a good step to moving on.
    Now getting people to do VS, that's the real thing that needs to be fixed.
  13. ARCHIVED-Ranja Guest

LHFOwner2 wrote:
    /agreed.
    I am glad to hear other guilds are having this problem. We are in VP but have still not downed this guy. Luckily, I am in a great guild and we are discussing now how to manage the VS problem. IE, holding up the entire raid force to kill one mob needed for some classes updates.
    Just wanted to toss my voice in here and say I agree.
  14. ARCHIVED-Gaige Guest

Venril Sathir is fine. He'll get even easier as the rest of your raid gets their mythicals.
  15. ARCHIVED-RafaelSmith Guest

Gage wrote:
    My guild finally took out Overking this past saturday. Afterwards we went to VS...knowing we were not gonna win but to scope it out and get a feel for just how painful the fight will be.
    I have not doubt we can do it...but the problem is that so many people can simply skip it. I was already hearing people chatting about going to CoD next week because its all that is needed to get VP access.
    I foresee having major problems getting enough people to goto VS more than once.
    I have been playing this games long enough and know a thing or two about progression. It is bottlenecks like VS that can lead to guilds falling apart. Once people are VP flagged then thats where they want to be.
    Personally i think they need to make so everyone needs to have killed VS to be able to zone into CoD.
    If it were up to me we would be hitting VS over and over until we got it down and we got everyone who needed the update their update instead of letting half the people skip.
  16. ARCHIVED-LHFOwner2 Guest

Gaylon@Mistmoore wrote:
    Exactly! Someone gets it :)
  17. ARCHIVED-GangleG Guest

Everyone else that needed the update for VS did it, so why should it be changed just for you? If you can't kill the mob, then you don't deserve your mythical.
    Honestly, if you're complaining about VS, then I can't even imagine you trying to kill any of the new raids mobs besides the loot piniatas in Mad Crusader (2) and Palace of the Ancient One (1).

Watch your power and cure - it isn't a hard fight.
  18. ARCHIVED-LHFOwner2 Guest

lol funny and thanks for the vote of confidence.
    The issue with this fight isn't that *I* can't do it, its that the fight relies on all 24 ppl doing a dance throughout the entire fight and no one lagging and no one LD'ing etc etc. But then, you knew that...so I guess you're just trolling
  19. ARCHIVED-hellfire Guest

LHFOwner2 wrote:
    Then do it with less people...2 or 3 grps.
    Take the people that have issues and leave em dead in the zone or dont bring em in....you dont need 24 people hell your dont even need 12 people.....................its not a dps or mana or heal intensiv fight.
  20. ARCHIVED-Noaani Guest

Gaylon@Mistmoore wrote:
    If your guild is not willing to go to kill VS in order to get updates for Coercer and Conjuror, Fury, Monk, Mystic, Ranger or Troubador that needs the update, I suggest finding guild members that are more willing to work as a team and to improve as a team.
    VS is not hard. It takes a little determination, some commitment from the guild and a bit of practise, but it is not hard.