Varsoon TLE Server FAQ

Discussion in 'General TLE Discussion' started by Accendo, May 3, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jadefox2 Active Member

I need to go vote today, so by the time I get back home, I'm hoping that the initial queue to get in will be lower - or even non-existant.
    Dude likes this.
  2. Travail Member

Slow exp does not = progression. Slow exp is nothing more then a time gate that causes frustration. No one wants to start a questline within a zone and have to go grind randomly elsewhere throughout because they didn't get enough exp to get the next step of the questline. Comparing people wanting "normal" exp rates, ie. live exp, to what the Kael server is just shows you have no idea what you are talking about. Kael failed because there was no meaningful GEAR progression, which is what this game is mainly played for. There is achievement hunting for rewards, which is what that server was built for. It was never intended to be a easy way to instant raiding/heroics via not having to level. Before you say it, the gear granted from chests was nowhere near acceptable gear progression.

I guess its ok for you to dictate to us that we must play your way, slow exp, with no option for us to increase it easily. But having it set to live exp rates satisfied everyone since you have the ability to decrease your exp gain at any given time with the click of a button.
    Siren likes this.
  3. Andivare New Member

You cant adjust EXP rate at the start. the AA slider wont work until AA is actually in the game. That being said even with lower exp I am betting on someone hitting 50 before today is over. Either way look forward to seeing you all soon
  4. Jadefox2 Active Member

Locked XP isn't progression either. As Andivare said, the XP slider isn't there from the start, so the only way to control XP is to turn off progression entirely. The L&L server completely lacks character progression. It's not ALL about gear...

My proposal was to implement the slider from the start, and just have the XP lost rather than going to AA's. That allows someone who enjoys a slower pace to enjoy it, but you could keep the server XP at live for those who find a slower XP rate bothersome. Those that wanted to race would STILL buy XP pots.

They would just need to remember to re-hook the slider to AA's when the proper xpac comes around - or everyone's feathers would be ruffled then :)
    Marcus likes this.
  5. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

I think what everybody fails to mention here is the fact asking for slower xp comes from people who want to enjoy the contend
    of the game without being left behind, because others leveled up as fast as they can.
    This is a little bit of telling others to slow down, so the slow levelers have groups to join.
    So, if you guys who want to be level 50 in 8 hours could take pity on the slow people and mentor down to them when they have to do quests that require a group, everybody would be happy.
    Dude, Siren and Wiegraf like this.
  6. Ayodi Active Member

When/If you have a slider bar available go ahead and set the portion to AA's you choose - If you are worried about being too strong - you do not have to spend them...................... until later, as it suits ya.

The Ayodi
    Marcus likes this.
  7. Bella22 New Member

There are more than 4 of us. Let us enjoy it in peace. Not everyone enjoys racing and missing most of the enjoyable content that was developed over the years, Many developers created very interesting quest lines with interesting info over the years. I even learned another way to meditate that I had never learned of before. The old developers had more time to plan and test so that leveling was NOT a grind. Please quit trying to take this pleasure from us. Also flying is a pleasure I do not want to abandon.
  8. Ladarion New Member

This isn't a scientific debate. I base my opinions on these people on their posts. The players that want to raid, want to play as many hours as possible, they want slower xp. It's so only they can progress easily.

The players that casually play a few hours a week and want to enjoy the content want a normal xp rate so that they can feel progression even without spending weeks grinding. Everyone should be able to feel like playing the game, making an effort, that it results in progress.

Only one group of players in MMOs are against an idea like that. They're also the ones that want a faster release schedule, harder dungeons, harder raids, and more limits placed on casual players.
    adaria likes this.
  9. Arandar Well-Known Member

After almost 20 years, these conversations still always veer back towards raiders vs. casuals. It's like Groundhog Day.
    adaria and Siren like this.
  10. Andivare New Member

It would not be the same without the same old arguements
    Siren likes this.
  11. Woolly New Member

Are we there yet?! This is all new to me, on release I left since buggy tradeskills
  12. Jadefox2 Active Member

Cute opinion, bad understanding of the evidence.
    You've got it backwards for the most part.

Still, having a variable XP rate controlled by the player would make this entire conversation moot.
    #XP_slider_on_release
    Ichoris likes this.
  13. Ichoris Well-Known Member

Having a way for the player to control the XP rate would be awesome. As Jadefox2 said it would fix many of the complaints about the amount of XP rewarded.

They already have the AA XP slider. Seems like it wouldn't be too hard to add one for the main XP bar. You can already turn off the XP. Maybe change that to have set percentages you can pick from.
  14. Kurth Member

Slower XP means that the content for Tiers 1-4 actually has some relevance. When was the last time people bothered to raid Trembling Lagoon for example? The XP racers seem to like to complain about not wanting to spend more than 2 hours in Varsoon or Third Gate, but will spend 15 1/2 weeks in Icy Dig.
  15. The_Grim_Ogre New Member

16. Mourneuk New Member

Do those of us who don't raid not count? If you want to level slower and smell the roses just turn your xp off and do that. I just want to be able to do the questline and be the right level for it without having to use xp pots or grind dungeons. Even Kaladim doesn't make that possible, let alone anything slower.
  17. Jadefox2 Active Member

I tried two different test charaters on Live (what the original XP rate was going to be on Varsoon) on a new account, and by the time I completed the Isles, nearly a third of the quests were greyed out.

Should we have to turn off XP just to do the beginner quests??

Kaladim's rate is in the sweet spot, but I also heard that they may have accidentally lowered the beta for Varsoon to 30% below Kaladim, which might be a tad too slow, IMO.

I don't think that will be the actial rate, unless they change the FAQ suddenly.
  18. Mourneuk New Member

Kaladim's rate wasn't in the sweet spot at release - that's why I stopped playing there. Also, I've played characters on live without vitality or veteran bonus and no quests were grey. I have finished both DLW and FFS at level 20. Which isles are you referring to? The outposts?
  19. Jadefox2 Active Member

YMMV

And yes.
  20. Mourneuk New Member

Why would my mileage vary when all the same quests award the same xp. The only difference is vitality or veteran bonus. You stated it was a new account, so I would assume zero of each.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.