Use the slider at 100%, love it; was Turning off combat and quest! xp, love it

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-Levatino, Dec 15, 2008.

1. ARCHIVED-Thunndar316 Guest

Rahatmattata wrote:

The content is there. No need to lock. You will be whining for a cap increase
  2. ARCHIVED-Mytilma Guest

3. ARCHIVED-Levatino Guest

Easymode@Venekor wrote:
    question on a pvp server, do you also get aa for an pvp kill? Else how can you have 22 aa with a lvl10?
  4. ARCHIVED-Dessellion4 Guest

Only just spotted this thread. Started a new Bruiser recently and really loving it since I switched off combat and quest xp. Not as hard core as some of you though, already missed some content and made the odd mistake. Didn't realise collections overrode the switch until I'd levelled. Thanks to this thread for tip on books - gonna try that tonight.
    Currently locked at level 22 - mc leather and 34 AAs. Started in DW, then did TD, GF, CL and Ant. Started armour quests and now doing bits in BB, TS and Nek - whilst still going back to lower zones for instances and some of the quests I missed. Grey quests still give AAs so don't have to worry about greying out.
    Looking forward to getting many more AAs before hitting the T8 grind
  5. ARCHIVED-Mytilma Guest

Arcos@Splitpaw wrote:
    True, but you should still try to do quests when they're at least green, because there are many among them, in which you spawn nameds with clickies, which give additional AA points if not grey.
    As for zones, don't forget all the sewers zones in both Qeynos and Freeport. Lots of quests there, many of which started by clickies (Edgewater drain has especially many of them). Lots of soloable nameds, too. And many book quests lead here as well.
  6. ARCHIVED-Dessellion4 Guest

Thanks - did Serpents Sewer last night after buying one book in NF Sage Tower - ended up doing loads of quests from clickies and drops.
    One question - does anyone know if the kill quests you get from the books that drop from doing scrying at rainbows give AA xp?
  7. ARCHIVED-Ghouti Guest

Arcos@Splitpaw wrote:
    If you mean those books where you need to kill x amount of y in a few minutes ... then no they do not give AA. Havent checked if killing that disturbed skeleton gives AA though ... he was to though when i got him :p
    As for an update on my progress, just went to lvl 22 with 45 AA, expect to stay this lvl pretty long hoping to finish up the last few named in blackburrow and see if i can get a bit further in stormhold and fallen gate :D
    Main reason im locking xp is not because i want as much AA as possible for the endgame, but because i enjoy it more staying at the lvl your intended for quests and being able to solo pretty well in group zones (although wondering how long that will last).
    :
  8. ARCHIVED-ExtremeFajita Guest

Anyone out there done all of the level 10-12 quests in Freeport and suburbs? I ask because I have an Ogre SK locked at level 15 and I use the fluffy database to check to see which quests in a particualr zone I still need to do. The database is very helpful because you can see the last date any registered user completed that quest so if the date is more than 6 months old, chances are the quest is no longer in the game. Just google fluffy + eq2 if you haven't used the site before.
    There are a few quests in The Ruins I should be able to do but the questgivers have no feathers. I figure I probably need to start a questline that leads me to them so I checked on that as well. One of the questlines that leads to the Ruins starts in the Graveyard with Custodian Zaddar Sullissia. He doesn't have a feather either and a GM just told me that his entire questline can only be done by Eurudites. I thought only the racial mentor quests in your starting zone were race-specific. Was this something that recently changed? I seem to remember doing lots of quests in the Graveyard with other toons, but now it appears there are only 4 or 5 you can do since the Custodian gives out the other 7 or 8.
  9. ARCHIVED-Thunndar316 Guest

Jhandiira@Antonia Bayle wrote:
    I agreed it would be nice to be able to spend 4 more points in the KoS tree to max 3 lines. That has nothing to do with a cap increase. Just shift them over from another line.
    If you want to lock XP and gain a lot of AA that's fine. I'm just saying it doesn't matter. You choose to stay low level and grind AA while I would rather be high level grinding AA. As long as you end up at 200, it doesn't matter. I'm just saying there is more than enough content to hit 200 AA without locking IF you do enough quests. Besides, once you hit around 180 you already have all the really good stuff.
  10. ARCHIVED-Levatino Guest

That's what I like about eq2, everyone can play the way they want.
    There is no defenit way to play this game. So you like to grind in the higher levels, then please do if you like that no problem.
    Btw small update, this morning leveled to lvl27 and having 58 aa. Have now reaver full, int 448 and str line 488. Two more points then going for end ability in STR line. After that I think first going to level STA to 41 to get hammering ground then TSO lines
    As a personal victory, was able to kill a lvl31 2 up heroic as just leveled lvl27 in Butcherblock :D.
  11. ARCHIVED-Mytilma Guest

Thunndar316 wrote:
    The title of this thread happens to be "Turning off combat and quest! xp, love it" and not "Turning off combat and quest! xp, need it". Nobody said it's mandantory, or even that it matters.
    On topic, I sacrificed my playtime last Sunday up to raid time to do the first 2 parts of all racial history quests except Teir'Dal (which is my race and I completed it already). Net me another achievement point. Now looking forward to all of them part III. Mostly that is in EL, Zek or Varsoons, which I am not yet ready to start with, long as I still have quests in TS/Nek/BB.
    I have now 60 AA (Reaper, INT 448 and STR 4882), am 59% into the next and still at level 27. Next point I will respec to Avenger (INT back to 447 and STR to 48821), because Avenger is an awesome asset to have. Could do it now, cutting INT back to 446, but since I'm already over half of the next point, might as well wait for it.
    Levatino, did you respec from STA to INT? Looks like it. I thought a bit, what to do after Avenger. I'll have only 9 points left to spend in the KoS tree until level 70, where the cap increases to 70 points. Probably will make STA 441 of it, or put some in the EoF tree. The stuff in the first TSO line looks a bit meh to waste points into it while I still have EoF. I may respec later when I have enough to get to the 2nd line.
  12. ARCHIVED-Rahatmattata Guest

I find another place for AA on my locked alt. Firemyst Gulley: A Foul Wind has like 10-15 mobs all together that give AA. They are heroic so be able to solo heroics or join a group. You have to get a scroll that drops off high 10s mobs in Ant to zone in. Also there's about 12 guards in Ant you can kill for AA, and a couple in CL too. As long as they don't have the <guard> tag under their name they give AA.
    Don't forget to join groups and kill named and do heroic quests too to maximize AA
  13. ARCHIVED-Mytilma Guest

Small update, gained another AA by finishing Shiney Brass Halberd quest and some other quests. Bah, they made T'Sanne a solo mob, can't believe it. I was prepared for level 30 ^^^ goodness and instead I got that one-arrowed ****.

Did the respec I described above, turned on XP and dinged 28 (and off again), so that I can use the halberd. I will try to finish all Fallen Gate quests now, last time I tried at level 26 I died pretty far in, this time I hope to make it to the end. Also, I will start with Zek and EL quests. Have also the Zek access quest ready up to the boat ride, but something tells me, that I can't yet solo it (gut feeling).
  14. ARCHIVED-Levatino Guest

Hi, first a question. why cut back on the int? Sure avenger is nice to have but at that level it can wait until you have the 2 extra points, i think the chance for spells to hit is a must have. avenger is nice but if it misses..
    To answer yours, no i didn't respec from STA to INT, I'm considering going for STA-line after avenger. if only for hammerground.
    First TSO lines are not worth much i agree, however you need to spend 10 to get to second-line and there is good stuff there. What do you think after reaver what is worth getting in EoF line? Maybe it will be good for me to reconsider.
  15. ARCHIVED-Levatino Guest

yeah am also planning to finish FG when I'm 28. Lots of nameds there. AA :D
    Zek acces qeust is indeed tough to finish. But with this aa approach it may happen. Well repairbills aren't much at this level, so lets try ;)
  16. ARCHIVED-Mytilma Guest

Levatino wrote:
    I will fill up INT back to 448 with the next point. Just having Avenger (+10% reuse speed, +25% recovery speed, +33% casting speed) outweighs the 7 or 8% of spell crit by far. By the way, it's a permanent buff, not an attack.
    Getting an Infernal Pact up 33% faster, hmmm... Getting every other spell and combat art off with 33% acceleration, awesome... Cutting back spell crit temporarily from 68% to 60%, meh, so what.
    The respec was free by the way, so why not use it.
    Levatino wrote:
    I'm thinking of filling up the EoF tree (not done research so far) until I have enough points to get some meaningful stuff from the second TSO line. I don't want to waste points into useless first TSO line stuff while collecting enough for the second, if they can work for me in the EoF tree at the same time.
  17. ARCHIVED-Levatino Guest

Yeah could indeed be worth it. You made me think about it, and yes think will do the same.

True, but I wouldn't know what would be so special to spend points in EoF, yet some things in the warrior tree are very good.
    Am not sure yet what to do. Must also do some research what would be the best moves.
    Will let you know my path
  18. ARCHIVED-Mytilma Guest

Levatino wrote:
    The warrior tree is the second tree. When I have enough AA to spend to reach the warrior tree and the stuff I gain is better than what I am giving up in EoF, I will respec. I'm following the policy, that every AA point I gain should make me stronger. Now granted, sometimes this isn't possible, for instance the 2 points I put into Executioner's Anger are a complete waste, but it's only 2. Filling up the General TSO tree lasts 10 points and the best I can gain there is a +2.5% health for 5 AA points, i.e. the gain is negligible.
    So I will better enhance some spells I actually use in EoF, waiting for the time at which I have 15-20 points to spend into TSO. Then I will respec (deleting from EoF, putting into TSO) and have 1-2 warrior tree enhancement maxed immediately.
  19. ARCHIVED-Trellium Guest

This thread got me thinking about a new alt, so I created a wizard. Levelled her up to 15 with experience on since I figured that is a good place to start the level 10 quests that give AA experience and also be able to finish most of the Kunark low level areas.
    Anyway, I had a great time playing the character this way. It's a lot more fun to do all of these quests when the mobs are green or higher. Sure, I have many characters who can do the quests at much higher levels, but then its just doing a trivial quest.
    But I would rather "grind" quests (ummm, isn't that just playing the game?) when they are non-trivial, than to do as Thunndar316 suggested. Frankly, I think he missed the entire point of doing it this way. EQ2 is more fun to play when the quests are non-trivial. By locking the combat/quest experience, you can even play the game so most quests are several levels above yours.
    And, I found the amount of loot that drops makes it very worth while. I did most of the last Kunark quests (Mok Rent and onward) while several levels lower than the mobs. I got several spell upgrades that way.
    This is a terrific way to play the game. My wife is playing Vanguard, and I thin she will come back since she is thinking that this could really make the game challenging and fun again.
    Thanks!
  20. ARCHIVED-Mytilma Guest

Yes, it's like playing a completely different game. Many of the low level content feels like it's made with love, all low level zones and dungeons are very well done and it's a damn shame, that nobody appreciates them anymore and most people including newbies breeze through in hours never looking back, and even deleting trivialized quests. Welcome Trellium, and don't miss to fill us in with your progress.