Use the slider at 100%, love it; was Turning off combat and quest! xp, love it

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-Levatino, Dec 15, 2008.

1. ARCHIVED-Zarkan Guest

I'm level 64 now, 212 AA, busy doing Barren Sky, Looping Planes and Mistmore Catacombs.
    Levatino, i have the same problems in the Deep Forge. It's impossible to do it solo. And it's getting harder to fight the heroic ^^^. But it's still possible, if they are up to 3 levels higher.
  2. ARCHIVED-celestina936 Guest

My 'zerker is still level 36, working Bloodline Chronicles, RV, SFM, FE with 152 AAs. Bloodline Chronicles is a wealth of AAs. There are 28 names that give AA, plus every single quest done in that series gives AA.
  3. ARCHIVED-Levatino Guest

Alvane@Unrest wrote:
    Yes indeed Bloodline is a must if you want to get some good AA early on. Also these quests were the only way to get the Vampire L&L before you could get the quest by examining a fang.
    Zarkan, yes I have tried it several times in DF. Maybe I just wait until I "green" it.
  4. ARCHIVED-Levatino Guest

small update I have leveled to 75 now to get my grandmaster choice. AA is now 229. Can't wait until lvl 80 to get my last tree in the Shadow line.
    Have finished Kylong Plains and busy in Fens also clearing up my journal for old quests, still surprised I still have some old quests in zones I totally missed. Luckily there is the chronomentor guy. Btw a tip you can use the chrono guy in Kelethin even if you are evil. I use him all the time, the reason? He's next to the bells. So I hop from Freeport to Kelethin (Greater Faydark on map that comes up) then chronomentor down then back to the bells to the destination I want to go to.
    Also finally thanks to my guild finished the knights of the round quest (getting to Lady Tera in Estate of Unrest solo is impossible) the following quest (the Ankh quest) is a lot easier to solo, so now I'm finally at the end of the sword of destiny line, Epic quest, so I think I'm going to ask my guildies again to help me on that one.
    Speaking of lines I'm currently finishing a lot of lines quest or getting to the last quest of it. The Peacock line is also almost finished apart from the epic last quest. I finally completed the Stormhammer catalog quest so could start the Stormhammer quest in Kaladim (queststarter in Butcherblock) (Tip do this chronomentored, lots of nameds in this questline). Finally some quests I now encounter that start from completed collection quests. I hope there will be more added in game (if you like bookquests then this is the optimum)
    So looking forward to log in again and to further encounter some of the great lore in this game. Sowrds of Destiny reveals a lot of lor especially about the Overlord.. Do the line yourself and find out ;)
    Sp see you next time and tell me about your progress as well.
  5. ARCHIVED-Levatino Guest

Leveled to 77. AA is now 235. currently busy in Palace of the Awakening combined with the claymore line. Still have tons to do in Fens and didn't even visited the Moors yet.
    I find the Palace zone a fun zone to do. Fun quests and yes although you may have to wait until an update comes it isn't to hard in length.
    In this speed, I reach 250 AA long before I hit 90, but I don't mind if i do. For me it's the journey that is the fun not the end goal. And I also want to have something to do when Velious comes out ;)
    Back to questing, Palace of the Awakening here I come.
    PS Is everyone else in this thread stopped with questing?
  6. ARCHIVED-celestina936 Guest

My 36 'zerker has hit 159AAs and our group just finished clearing all of T-4 dungeons (once a week for 2 hours). Our group is on hiatus until January in which we start our T-5 dungeons with the infamous gnolls of the Splitpaw Saga. We are leveling to 42 at our leisure.
    Went with a friend and we duo'd Underrot Caverns and 4 STM quests. My 'zerker is now level 41. Will hit 42 today, then I'll slide back to 100%AAs. Even though I leveled with slider at 0%AA, because of the quests, names and some disco, my AAs have increased from barely 159 to almost 160.
    Since the 'zerker hasn't had the pleasure of experiencing Frostfell, I'm sure there will be a couple AAs if not more achieved during those weeks.
    Happy holidays to all no matter what your play style.
  7. ARCHIVED-Levatino Guest

Alvane@Unrest wrote:
    Thanks for the update
    And the same wishes from me to all
  8. ARCHIVED-Levatino Guest

First of all for every follower of this thread, slider or not, I want to wish you all the best for the year 2011 and that we will continue to enjoy our eq2 journeys.
    Now for the update; am still busy in Fens have still lots to do in this zone, i think i'm halfway through it now. Lots of money gained as well, questrewards are great and the wearables you sometimes get are good too (although I only once found a real upgrade, it's good to transmute)
    My AA is 243 already while I'm still level 77. (Bonus xp converted does a lot) Moors i haven't touched yet and also still have to go to Kunzar Jungle. So in this speed I'll reach 250 very soon. Not that it does matter, for me it's the journey that counts. Love the quests and the lore. So when Velious comes out, i'll be max AA but what XP I'll be, don't know yet.
    Till next update
  9. ARCHIVED-Levatino Guest

very small update: just finished the master of lore & legend achievement! finally all L&L is finished!
    back to questing, but found it memorable enough to mention
  10. ARCHIVED-celestina936 Guest

Gratz on the L&L achievement! Our static group was on a holiday all of december and will begin our dungeon crawling goal again this wednesday with T-5 dungeons. IIRC, there are 13-14 dungeons from the short Vault of Flames to the very large Sol Eye! So, I suspect when DoV goes to launch, we will still be hounding those mobs in T-5 gaining those AAs.
    My dungeon crawling character is a 'zerker and is now level 42 with 173AAs. She just finished up all the quests in Steamfont Mountains with a friend. Quite a few of them give AA upon completion!
  11. ARCHIVED-Levatino Guest

hi all,
    have a question for everyone, also for the good of the guide.
    I had started a new char and noticed that I couldn't get the startingquest from inquisitor Thompson in Sunken city as citizen of Gorowyn (Strange thing is, you can start the shark quest on docks), yet as a citizen of Freeport I could. I know it makes sense that as a FP citizen I can get quests from him as that is one of the FP starting areas, but I never realised that being from Gorowyn makes it impossible to get quests from him.
    So did this change or was this always the case? And if it did change does this mean that cause I'm from Freeport now I can't do some questing in the Qeynos starter areas anymore?
    Maybe some of you can also check?
  12. ARCHIVED-celestina936 Guest

Sunken City is introduced to FP citizens after they complete their racial timeline. They then get the introduction quest to the Inquisitor. After the Sunken City Series, one is then introduced to Mooshga for the CL timeline. There is, I think also an option to adventure in the ruins.
    Try doing your character's racial timeline in FP first to lead you into Sunken City, then either CL or the Ruins.
    BTW, if you have a good character, you can begin the CL timeline with Mooshga if you can circumvent the guard standing around the area. To work quests from Crossroads as a good character, go to the southest section of the fence - swim across the moat, up the hill and there is a break in the fence near the Far Seas Supply Division Agent and the mender allowing you to enter to speak to NPCs. Just watch the pathing and aggro of the guards if you need to hit an NPC in the middle or elsewhere within the Crossroads.
  13. ARCHIVED-Levatino Guest

Alvane@Unrest wrote:
    hi, the char in question is a Vampire so no racial timeline for me. but noticed that when i changed citizenship (which now also is only checking in some papers also when going from Gorowyn to FP) I had no problem getting the Thomson questline.
    I didn't check Qeynos yet, will do so after i turn lvl 10 and go to Peatbog to see if i can get the questline there to go after the gnolls
    And thanks for the extr ainfo about being a good char and doing quests in CL
  14. ARCHIVED-Levatino Guest

Addition: just confirmed if you are Freeport citizen you can do the Peatbog quests or any other qeynos quest, if you are Gorowyn you can't do certain quests.
    So I'll adapt the guide, if you want to do all beginner quests you need to change your citizenship to either Freeport ot Qeynos
  15. ARCHIVED-Levatino Guest

Update
    I leveled to 82, my AA is now 249; almost 250 yeah! currently busy in Moors. Lots of quests there but wow what a running around, reminds me of Commonlands and Antonica. Also the balloon rides are fun the first times but after a while you have seen it all.. Ah well, that are the moments good to take a leak or drink some coffee.
    I think I'm going to level through a bit to almost 83 and then stop until DoV comes out, don't want to waste some valuable AA. Have another char I can level up as well so I will have things to do.
    Am proud of this almost completion of a journey although I still have lots to do; Tinkering isn't at max, adorning isn't and also have to finish off my epic, so that means see you next update.
  16. ARCHIVED-celestina936 Guest

Gratz Levatino! Now you can add another 50AAs for DoV! hee hee

My 'zerker is still level 42 as our group works through T-5 dungeons. We completed Splitpaw Saga, Deathfist Citadel, Drafling Tower. We will begin Obelisk of Lost Souls this coming week.The group just meets for 2 hours once a week, so it's slow but it allows people to learn group work and different strategies on handling encounters. We've even managed to take down a few epic x2 mobs including the Billy Marshall within Drafling Tower. What a trip that was!
    With my duo partner we are working on LS, SS & CT questing and have completed all HQs up to LS, CT & SS. ANT, CL, NEK, TS, EF, GFay, BBM, STM and FE are all completed. We did duo Kaladim, but haven't touched Mines of Meldrath or Clockwork instances yet.
    We mainly handle yellow and orange heroics with an occasional red depending on how tough they are. We also duo the dungeons and have gotten down to the Vestible in OoLS, but will have to finish that off after we level a few. With CT, we basically got through the main sections but not the instance - it's slow but duoable with a few deaths here and there. So, we still have all those ares to clear our of our journals which will be done once we begin leveling up to 45-46 and then onto 52.
    It's been a lot of fun working these challenges. Definately have given a whole new life to the original Shattered Lands and parts of EoF and now starting with the first xpac - DoF.
    Right now, the 'zerker is sitting at 192 AAs working the last quarter to 193. And the character is also a 90 master armorer, 450 transmutter, 450 adorner and 450 tinkerer with 50K in all crafting factions to date including RoK, Moors, SF, and FSSD and -50K faction with the Sootfoots of LS. Will start the DoV crafting timeline as soon as SoE can get the credit card mess straighted out so I can get flagged for DoV.
  17. ARCHIVED-thephantomposter Guest

I have a question, maybe this has been answered, there are many posts to go through.
    I am a 22 SK, got bored of pvp and I am back on the blue server till pvp gets fixed, so I use the 100% aa slider by default. I am getting a ton more aa compared to a pvp server at the lower levels. I currently have 130 aa.
    So my question is, what do people do when they max AA before the gone through the main content, say if you have a few tiers left. Do you avoid killing named or do the minimum quests to lvl you so that if/when the raise the AA cap, like this expansion, you can go back for the AA?
    Just curious
  18. ARCHIVED-celestina936 Guest

Have a goal and don't think about AAs. If you are 250AA and level 60, you can continue to level if you desire and not do any names or anything including crafting timelines that give you AA. You can also play another character. Most people rush to cap then when they want AAs, they can grind names they missed, do dungeons they missed and do quests they missed. Many will use the chronomage and level down to a certain tier then go from there. Some use the mentoring system if they box or have friends. You can buy potions to increase the AA % or use berries from the druid world event quest. And do take advantage of the xtra XP weekends such as what was this past weekend. The harvesting quest from Mara will give AA as well as the halfling on the TS docks who gives you harvest quests and some house items to boot! Both those will give AA.
    There are plenty of roads to take, so much depends on your goals, what challenges you want your character to face and how rapidly you wish to adventure level vs AA. Above all, have fun!
  19. ARCHIVED-Justaman Guest

Are you sure you were playing an Sk and not a necro?
  20. ARCHIVED-Levatino Guest

Alvane@Unrest wrote:
    Nice progress Alvane! Can't wait to log in Skag to get him to 300 AA now And curious about the new AA paths I've got