Use the slider at 100%, love it; was Turning off combat and quest! xp, love it

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-Levatino, Dec 15, 2008.

1. ARCHIVED-Dakkard Guest

I stumble on to this thread by accident, but I absolutely love this play style, I may be going slow but I'm getting to know alot of the quest and lore in the game. Thanks for the guide, really helped me out
  2. ARCHIVED-Levatino Guest

Dakkard wrote:
    thanks for the compliment.
    have fun and let us know of your progress!
  3. ARCHIVED-Xaevyn Guest

Returned to the game and game across a link to this thread and Im loving it so far. Just got to 10 and set slider to 100%. Have RL stuff to do now but im excited to continue.
    I came accross a Lore And Legend guide on ZAM that was posted in the articles.-< http://eq2.zam.com/wiki/Lore_and_Le...Hot_Spots_(EQ2)
    It breaks down the level ranges for them all and gives links to mobs for them.
  4. ARCHIVED-Levatino Guest

Xaevyn wrote:
    Welcome to the slider-club.
    And thanks for that link, will add it to the guide; very usefull information
  5. ARCHIVED-Levatino Guest

Very small update from me. finally found some time to do some questing again (very busy nowadays)
    Have finished the cloud line in KoS, leveled to 205 AA (almost 206) and still level 62. Planning on finishing more KoS quests this weekend and then leveling to 67.
    Looking forward to lvl 70 :D 40 more AA points to spend
  6. ARCHIVED-Xandare Guest

small update - taking my time and just completed the blade of the Fae signature quest series and am currently at level 32 and 79 AA.
  7. ARCHIVED-Levatino Guest

Update
    Decided to level to 70 so I can allocate 40 AA points more. Have locked again and now busy to finish KoS (TT to Bonemire) also busy in KP and Fens now. Wow what a big and lovely zones.
    My AA count is 210 now, closely to 211. And have lots of quests so it will go up fast. When quests turn yellow I plan to level to lvl 72 for new MC armour.
    So lots to do, so see you next update
  8. ARCHIVED-Levatino Guest

Mychel@Lucan DLere wrote:
    very nice! keep us updated
  9. ARCHIVED-Ghouti Guest

Been a while since i did an update ... mostly because i didn't play my locked Inquisitor though

Started playing him again, now at 126 AA at lvl 28. Nearly done with all the lower lvl quests so i can move him to 32 . Main focus is on doing as many quests as i can.
    Need to do Halas first though havent played this one since expansion lol, his gear is all str, sta and agi ... as priest hmm :D
  10. ARCHIVED-Levatino Guest

Ghouti wrote:
    hehe yeah you need some wis now.. it indeed tells me you didn;t play him for a very long time LOL
    great to see you back though!
  11. ARCHIVED-Kain-UK Guest

I've... kinda been using this playstyle on a new alt.
    Decided to make an Illy as I've got 3 level 90/250AA characters (I two-box a lot, so one of those is on one account, the other two are on the other). So far, I've mostly been gaining AA through outright mob grinding. Decided I'm going to start doing quests today.
    The Illy is currently level 35 with 123AA. Planning to take him through DLW and probably TD starter zones, then do the BBM quests, move back out to Antonica/CL to do those... might skip TS and Nek as they annoy the hell out of me.
  12. ARCHIVED-Levatino Guest

update
    am still lvl 70, AA is now 212 almost 213. Have found that I still had some questing to do in swords of destiny line and in new tunaria. Love this questlines, although some are tedious. (waterfilling for the crusade to faydwer quest anyone?) Btw how lovely new tunaria looks, would like it if for some reason a house could been bought there.
    for the sword of destiny line I had some help bringing down emperor d'vinn, he has a mean root and ae ability but with a healer i could bring him down. now busy to find those 50 knights in sword of destiny line, have done the qeynos ones (sneaking in qeynos and hiding from those 95 aggro guards, lovely) now i'm going after the more easy ones. although i have to go back to the d'vinn room once more for one of the statues.. but this one and the mistmoore ones I will do as last.
    Am thinking about leveling to 72, but I don't want to grey to much. And seeing I still have lots to do I will be lvl 70 for a long time.
    See you next update. (btw how are you all doing?)
  13. ARCHIVED-celestina936 Guest

Nice AA leveling..... my dungeon crawling 36 'zerker now has 147AAs. Our group is working on Bloodline Chronicles - a haven for a ton of AA. Every quest, every name gives AA plus the 3 collections and some disco. I suspect we'll each end up with 3-4AAs, maybe more by the time we are finished. Then we'll hit Splitpaw! Love 'dem goblins!
  14. ARCHIVED-Levatino Guest

small update
    Still lv 70, AA is now 216. Have finished some heritage quests (with help of guild) and got lots of AA for it (self mentored to level) and also finished to speak as a dragon. Still busy with knights of the rounds though..
    Planning on doing alot of questing in Looping Plains and to finish TT, Bonemire and that other KoS zone. And also going to harvest untill I drop, hopefully I get enough rares to let me make my new MC armour; have to get 5 more. (fingers crossed)
    Till next update
  15. ARCHIVED-CoLD MeTaL Guest

Levatino wrote:
    Still sucks for those of us that did over 20HQs and speak as a dragon and 100s of other quests and GOT ZERO AA since we dd them at level before AA was introduced. /whine off
  16. ARCHIVED-Levatino Guest

CoLD MeTaL wrote:
    that's indeed to bad for you.. I hope you can overcome it, don't do anything you may regret later..
  17. ARCHIVED-celestina936 Guest

CoLD MeTaL wrote:
    There were 23 HQs prior to release of KoS (AAs). That still leaves 20 more. And although you may have wished it so, "To Speak As a Dragon" language quest did not give any AA. Not all language quests gave AA.
    And any named you had killed in the course of doing those quests, you can certainly chronomage back and kill those names because they will have a star next to their name. Then you can get the AA that wasn't available before KoS. If there is no star, then you already received the AA for that name.
    There are many people who had characters at cap when KoS (AA) was released, yet they were able to reach cap in both XP and AA before EoF was released. And they were able to reach cap in both XP and AA before RoK was released. And they were able to reach cap in both XP and AA before TSO was released. And they were able to reach cap in both XP and AA before SF was released.
    And guess what? A lot of peeps have already reached cap in both XP and AA. And DoV wont' be released until February 2011.
    If you are still having problems achieving AAs, I highly suggest you re-read Levatino's original post. You might learn a few things on how to obtain them. There has been volumes written about obtaining AAs even if you are at adventure cap.
    You are welcome to whine, if that's your thing, however whining won't get you your AAs.
  18. ARCHIVED-Levatino Guest

small update
    leveled to lvl 72, made my mc armour so i can wear it now. AA is 217 now. Also loving the haunted mansions and other halloween quests, lovely tradethingies as well btw.
    Am now finishing all of KoS, solo quests and grouping to get the heritage quests. I indeed see that the overpowering the AA's give in the beginning is starting to decline a bit, heroic mobs in quests become tougher; still I can do a lot solo but help from others is indeed needed more. Not that I find it a bad thing though it requires a different approach of things, although I still try it solo at first.
    Ok till next time, and all you others where are your updates?
  19. ARCHIVED-Encolpius Guest

I've been kind of busy with school, but I'm still slowly leveling my warlock. I'm currently at 52, with 150 AA. I didn't get to take advantage of the last bonus weekend as much as I did during the 4th of July event. I've been working on quests in Lavastorm and Everfrost, and I've already done a number of quests in The Sinking Sands. I have about 14 AA saved up because I'm still at the 50 limit for my AA trees. I'm trying to not be impatient and level up to unlock those. My SK and mystic have pretty much fallen to the wayside (around 80 AA each), because I'm enjoying the warlock so much. I've always played a healer or a tank in MMOs, so it's nice to play a DPS class for once.
    I stopped trying to get MC gear a long time ago, because I've found that treasured ability mod gear is very effective (and cheap in comparison). I'm almost at 500 mod, and with my wards and sorcerer's shielding damage reduction, it's a lot of fun. I don't even have to root anymore, unless I'm fighting a named ^^^.
  20. ARCHIVED-Levatino Guest

update
    still level 72, finished Kylong Plains and will go on to Fens. AA is 224 now (lots of AA points gained doing the quests in KP)
    Still have some old quests to do "A Thread of Hope" for instance but since Deep Forge now autoscales this is impossible to do solo and as I'm not online enough in the evening hard to find a group oh well, hopefully in the weekend some of my guild have time to help me finish it.
    Also noticed that Do'Ellin the Young of the "Draco Mortuus vos Liberatio" quest hits very hard, to hard for me to do solo, so I think that I wait until lvl 77 to try to finish this quest or ask my guild again for help.
    I like the Kunark zones a lot, huge zones but lots of things to do also hidden stuff. Nice as well that you can learn a language by doing quests after you finished a collection (booktome) Imho, there should be more quests like this in game. So that it makes more sense to collect items and on time!
    Ok going to Fens and LP for some more questing, see you next time.