Use for Mysterious Blue Coins

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by Avithax, Jun 19, 2014.

1. Deveryn Well-Known Member

It's not like there isn't another source for the coins and they could always put the reactants on a vendor.
  2. Katz Well-Known Member

Oh I have an idea. In addition to the potions, how about trading the coins for reactants in the various tiers? I would love to make some of the items for appearance if nothing else. Maybe it would even be useful on a low level alt. I have no way to get those reactants as all my crafters are max level and only get the max level reactant.

Oh.. we posted similar ideas at the same time.
  3. Senya Well-Known Member

No, I'm not saying that all. I want to be able to make tradeskill items and equipment from any content, old or new. If memory serves though there were other repeatable quests to obtain the blue coins, plus the tradeskill quest line in Cobalt Scar awarded some. I just wish they'd remove them from the tradeskill apprentice quests *OR*, a better option, add things to the vendor we'd want to continue to spend them on since we keep getting them. I do those apprentice quests every day. I've still got recipes to learn because I was away for a few months, but even after I have all the recipes I'll still do the quests just for the potion rewards. The result is I just keep piling up hundreds more coins and azure reactants and nothing to do with them. :(
    Feara and Afista like this.
  4. GIndotto Well-Known Member

The use for Mysterious Blue Coins is a mystery? News at 11?
  5. Xianthia Well-Known Member

The thing with removing (or replacing) is that it then ignores up and coming (new) crafters, or folks that have never taken up crafting and then eventually do, are then struggling to get the items/recipes. Making sure that any future folks will be able to buy the items/recipes is important.

A lot of us probably have thousands of blue coins (I know I do and assume others do as well) from the various crafters/adventurers. It doesn't mean that everyone does.

I'm hoping that the future expansion will bring something that improves the potions or something we've not yet thought about that will make us go OOOOOHHHHH when we get it and we'll forget about the potions!
  6. Feara Well-Known Member

Your late with the newsflash Glndotto.
  7. Maltaros Active Member

Okay - I would agree that it would be nice if instead of adding level 100 content they showed some love to older stuff like this. Add some other items that can be made with these coins, or maybe a nice house or something. EQ2 used to be as much about the journey as the destination. The "Mysterious Blue Coins" are part of the journey and could use a little love.
  8. Deveryn Well-Known Member

Revisiting old stuff instead of adding new level 100 content is a terrible idea. I don't get this attachment to the currency. It's primarily an adventure currency. It had its place in the content and that time has passed. Just as they've done nothing more with Void Shards, Marks of Manaar, Obols and other things, they'll do the same with blue coins.

You talk about EQ2 being about the journey, but you're stuck looking in the rear view mirror, missing out on what's in front of you. It's hard to enjoy anything if you keep doing that and if you're driving, you'll eventually crash.
  9. Mermut Well-Known Member

The primary issue with the blue coins is they came into the game primarily through tradeskilling.. and they're still being given out by 'current' tradeskill activities (researching current recipes and getting potions of current TS dailies/weeklies). People doing current level content are continuing to get these coins so asking for them to have some usefulness is not unreasonable. I don't think they should give an adventuring bonus, but having them be useful to tradeskillers would makes sense.
    suka and Avianna like this.
  10. Meirril Well-Known Member

It is primarily a tradeskill currency. Sure you could get dribbles from doing the adventure content but from just doing the daily apprentice quest you could equal or exceed what you get from doing the group content. I don't think you got azure reactants from the adventuring content, and you'd need them as well for the crafting.

All in all the main merit for doing something with the blue coins and azure reactants has nothing do to with the content they came from. The main merit is that we're getting them from the tradeskill apprentices and we'll continue to get them from here unto eternity. Being flooded with a currency we're looking for a use. Several people here are dissatisfied with the current use (guess they have enough furniture).

While I'm not particularly bothered by it, lots of other people are. It isn't unreasonable to ask dev to take into account that we are still getting these from the apprentices since they are outside of the normal content and are likely to continue to be used by most crafters daily. Mostly because they want the potions that are linked to the apprentices.
    suka likes this.
  11. Deveryn Well-Known Member

The coins are a failed experiment that needs to be cleaned up, but they probably won't since they're actually not that keen on removing rewards, no matter how insignificant. Those and etyma were meant to be a bonus to those that did both adventuring and tradeskilling. I don't think they pay much attention to those that have all their many crafting alts, so asking for more stuff is pointless. It continues to yield nothing in the way of change. Just look at what little has been done over the last couple of years.
    suka likes this.
  12. Rotherian Well-Known Member

I'd personally prefer it if they replaced the coins with something else - like maybe a second chance to get one of the rest of the items on the reward table.
    suka likes this.
  13. Deveryn Well-Known Member

I would also throw in a chance at FS tokens (assuming they do more with those) and maybe even a slim chance at the super rares (I'm sure more are on the way).
  14. Rotherian Well-Known Member

That sounds workable. Assuming, of course, that the super rares have a low enough percentage chance to make them remain super rare. Another option would be a chance at receiving 1-2 shattered heartstones. (Even with an army of crafters, it would still take an extremely long time to amass enough for the HK guild hall.)
  15. Encori Active Member

I was thinking the far seas people should take an interest in blue coins.
  16. Meirril Well-Known Member

I could be wrong about this, but isn't the vendor that accepts the blue coins working for the Far Seas Trading Company?