Use for Mysterious Blue Coins

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by Avithax, Jun 19, 2014.

1. Avithax Well-Known Member

I keep hearing this discussed in crafting channel and i'm once again seeking supprt from my fellow crafters to have a merchant added that will allow us to trade blue coins for the temp potions (Harvesting,TS xp, Progress, Crit chance of success etc) or possibly even mystery boxes that are the same as the chests you get from completing your daily TS apprentice quest.

Many of us have thousands of these coins we've slowly earned over time and continue to earn so why can't we have something to actually use them on other than making fabled gear to transmute?
    Xsara, Encori, Le Clown and 1 other person like this.
  2. Ruckus Well-Known Member

I love this idea, and it would be awesome to spend those coins. I'd spend them on the 6 types of potions that we get from doing the daily quests.
  3. Mermut Well-Known Member

Not mystery crates, please. I really dislike 'gambling' on such things.
    I would, however, like SOMETHING remotely useful to do with the mysterious blue coins.
    Spindle likes this.
  4. Axterix Active Member

I'd love more of those +200 progress potions. Between the weeklies (boring!) and leveling other crafters, that's where my coins would go.
  5. Wintir Active Member

Sterling idea, Avithax!

Sony, please read this superb suggestion!
  6. Meirril Well-Known Member

7. Avithax Well-Known Member

That thread is related but not specific to blue coins and we never received any official response. My point as OP is that we continue to get these coins as a daily reward but are way past having anything to use them on. We all have a huge stack of useless items to show for our efforts and it's not unreasonable to ask for a vendor that will trade potions or other relevant items from the expansions that they were awarded in.
  8. Meirril Well-Known Member

"official responses" are few and far between. Especially so since the producer decided tradeskills doesn't need its own dedicated dev.

The blue coins/azure reactants were tacked on to the already existing rewards for the tradeskill apprentice daily. The only things that were introduced at the same time is the vendor that takes the blue coins and trades for other things introduced in the same update. So if that is the logic you want to follow, it was done at implementation.

A stronger argument would be that we continue to receive trivial resources from the Daily Apprentice Quest and that we'd like to be able to use them for something that isn't trivial in the near future. And that was the conclusion from that other thread I linked which specifically mentions azure reactants BUT they are rewarded at the same time as the blue coins. Splitting hairs doesn't make this thread significantly different than the other one. Different words, same argument about the same reward from the same daily quest, with a request for the exact same things.
  9. Blastin New Member

I would like to be able to trade them in for far seas tokens even like 10/1 would be great for buying the pack pegsus.
  10. Avianna Well-Known Member

I love this idea I would love to be able to trade my coins for potions. :)
    Geroblue likes this.
  11. Katz Well-Known Member

That is a nice idea but I would like more items than the potions as choices. I'm not sure what else would be appropriatethough.
    Geroblue likes this.
  12. Le Clown Active Member

Or, make a merchant to allow trade-ins for current 'relevant' mats; always incentive to log in and tradeskill/coach even when nothing is immediately desirable. Subs will soar.

edit: ex. Spectral Residue etc. or the SS mats Prime Maligonian Horns
  13. Deveryn Well-Known Member

We're a year(?) removed from Cobalt Scar's release. I don't see them doing anything more with the coins. You can already convert them to cash. I don't see them doing anything else with them, aside from maybe letting you trade for FS tokens.

Crafters are the only ones collecting this currency, so you really can't expect much in the way of valuable items for adventuring purposes.
  14. Feara Well-Known Member

How about some TS recipes that can only be purchased with this currency?

Come on... they have time to add a few.
  15. Deveryn Well-Known Member

edited for accuracy. :p

What would they add? We already have furniture and a bunch of jewelry items that were current at the time. That whole section of content is irrelevant since they followed up with new stats for level 95. At best, we'll see the coins on the BB vendor for transmutables and tinkering. :p
  16. Feara Well-Known Member

What the crafters have asked/requested for, for starters anyway :cool:.

When we get down to it, I really do trust their judgement in matters such as these but

I feel strongly that they should consider/offer some items relevant to Tradeskillers.

Why? Because I have rolled my nine toons on a daily basis.

Do you know how many Mysterious Blue Coins that is? :confused:

Give us something relevant in exchange for these Mysterious Blue Coins.
    Mermut likes this.
  17. Deveryn Well-Known Member

I roll 9 toons as well. I do know how many mysterious blue coins that is. In my case, it's passing the 2400 mark.I haven't always had the time or the inclination to do it. It's really the most boring thing to do in the game. I don't even get all that excited over colossal reactants anymore. I have plenty to handle any potential desire to level someone past 90.

I don't believe anything new or remotely relevant should come out of this because we already have our items we can make from this. This is like having a conversation about Obols providing new items for adventurers. The coins have been bonus item from the apprentice, as they never took the place of anything on that loot table. That's why I don't see any increased value coming to the coins. You log in, say hi to someone and receive these free bonus coins and log out.

I think they should eventually stop with these coins and reactants because their value has diminished quite a bit and it will diminish even more when we have a new level cap. There's no reason to keep gaining the currency and there's no reason to add anything else to the vendor. Existing furniture recipes should be put into a new book available for FS tokens. As I've said before, that's the currency that we should be focusing our ideas on. That's the currency that's always maintained relevance and it should continue to do so. That way we don't have to fuss over whether or not we're getting too much of one currency or another and quests like the weekly don't have to be adjusted to the level of tedium that they are.
  18. Feara Well-Known Member

I totally agree...

except the there's no reason to add anything else to the vendor part because if we're still going to be getting them well...

I want to spend them :cool:
  19. Senya Well-Known Member

If they leave the coins they need to add items to the vendor to spend them on. If they aren't going to add items to the merchant they just need to discontinue them as a reward for that quest. I've got around 1700 I think and I had to be away from the game for 6 months. I can't imagine how many I'd have had if I'd been able to continue to play during that time.
  20. Meirril Well-Known Member

So your saying that 2 years after content comes out they should discontinue the ability to make equipment from it because it isn't end-game equipment anymore? Because continuing to receive rewards from that content is annoying?