Upcoming Server Consolidations - Vote on YOUR New Server Name!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Windstalker, Aug 18, 2015.

1. Gramma Active Member

Several people have my names on the other servers. One of these names is my deceased Grandfather's name. I do NOT want to lose that name. How will ownership be decided for those names?
  2. Tabri Well-Known Member

Yes my guild was in the top 3 and still is on FP but we didnt even kill Avatars people in our guild have jobs and no time for that. The point is nobody on our server has enough people to fill an entire raid force anymore to progress through the raid zones. The entire purpose of raiding is to try to progress. So by me saying they are moving decorators and casuals I was comparing to the other servers how unbalanced it would be it had nothing to do with ruining anything we will just stay the same as before, cant ruin something that is already ruined. We are getting no benefit really from this merger with all the dead Naggy accounts anyway.

Raiders are not going to lag out the entire server they will just lag each other out, the more raiders that enter the same raid zones at the same time run into raid zone lag problems. For the guilds that do Avatars that is another problem for them and no that doesnt affect my guild I was just bringing it up anyway because a lot of people might quit the game over that alone.

Your resentment of elitist is overwhelming not all of us are elitist that like to raid, but all raiders dont like lag in raid zones nor camping over contested mobs to no extent to never get to even kill one. We are also not fond of raid mobs that require 24 people to kill them and nobody can get that many people online anymore to do so.
  3. Gramma Active Member

I am hearing that Holly said the name ownership will be based on time played. Then I am hearing that she said it would be based on creation date. Then I am hearing she said in game chat that all names would be wiped and are first come first serve. Does anyone have a definitive link that shows what Holly was proven to have said? All of the rumors conflict with each other and make this process an unpleasant and even nerve-wracking experience. I wish the Devs would give us an actual answer about how names will be handled.
  4. Anonymous Decorator New Member

No, you have to save the layouts. In case something goes wrong you have to provide them with the layouts in order for them to fix anything.
  5. Gramma Active Member

I can't even save them. I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I go to the home, click 'save layout', type in the name for the home, and then it doesn't appear in the 'load layout' options and when I go to another home and try to save it, the previous name I typed still doesn't appear. I've about had it. This server merge might just be the death knell for the game for me.
  6. Gramma Active Member

It won't save properly. The save doesn't appear in the saved layouts at all.
  7. Aerietti New Member

After many years of playing on the Lucan D'Lere server, my RP server merged with non RP (with the last server mergers). I became very bored with the game and needed something else so I tried Nagafen. At that time, Nagafen had lots of players and it was a lot of fun so I paid for server transfer tokens to have all my toons on Nagafen. These purchases were very specific, and not cheap. I didn't pay that money to be pushed onto another server AGAIN! I mean, let's be fair. It wasn't me or any other player who killed PVP. It was called SOE back then, but as I recall, 90% of my guild left after the Kylong WF non-stop bugs/crashes fiasco. I myself put in bug reports daily. We thought nobody was listening...and as it turned out, nobody was. That killed our server population.

I don't think this is the case now. We are getting choices to how our game goes and that's a step in the right direction. But really, there is something disheartening about how Daybreak can figure out how to get old players to come back and try Deathtoll, but aren't willing to do anything to revitalize Nagafen.

If the merger is not a choice, then we should get a choice to which server we'd like to be on...especially the players who paid to transfer to a PVP server. First choice, I'd rather some effort be put into Nagafen and it not be part of any merges...but if not, I'm with the people who want Nagafen to merge with AB.
    TAOofRPG likes this.
  8. Anonymous Decorator New Member

Are you saving via the button in the house page or are you /save_layout nameofsave ?
  9. brokenshieldd Active Member

I have a few Questions:

(1) What will happen to my stuff in my House Vault and Shared Bank?
    (2) What about are Depots in are Houses?
    (3) What about Discos that we have Discovered?
    (4) If we have to start with New name Because of Name wipe what happens to are stuff?
  10. Anonymous Decorator New Member

It is my experience with the house depots and server transfers, stuff what you can in your bank and house vault, the rest in your bags if you needed it. Otherwise take screenshots of the contents and cross your fingers they will reimburse you.

Your shared bank items should be packed into where ever you can fit it.

Your name change will not effect any of your items, whatever house they are in (again I stress that you do not put anything in a moving crate and don't even go 1 item over the base count before expanders or the items likely will not be replaced).
  11. Katey Member

I am very happy that Domino is back! She's amazing. I really don't care what the name of the server I'm on ends up being only that my Characters get to keep the names I've given them. I've always paid for this game and it's expansions. There's now people saying that Holly has been in chat telling people none of us get to keep our names. I've not seen anything offical from Daybreak saying THIS IS HOW WE ARE TAKING CARE OF NAMES. You would think that someone would at least put the offical word out on names of characters. Saying it's a "free for all" really is the worst possible customer service they could give. Some of us have never stoped paying even when we were upset over changes, we stood by you now you really should stand by us. At least answer some questions and make it offical so we know if it's even worth keeping our accounts for. Can we please get some kind of offical word on how our characters names and other things will be addressed. Also some sort of how to get ready for the move list would be handy. Some of us have one of every type of character and then some. It's going to take some time to get them ready.
    Ozymundas, Naramsin and Kurisutaru like this.
  12. Gramma Active Member

That's the problem in a nutshell. I want to just press a button instead of try to figure out how to move files and stuff. It's a game, not a job. Everyone here and on the Facebook group seems to be so comfortable with moving files around and renaming files and so on. If I try to do something like that, I'd probably turn my computer into a paperweight.

I just press the button that says "save Layout", then dutifully follow the instructions and type the name of the save into the box that pops up there. A friend of mine in Facebook has offered to save the homes in files on her computer. Thank goodness for her, because although I am married to a computer engineer, getting him to assist me is like pulling hens teeth. I asked him what I was doing wrong and got instructed to log out, log in, save, log out again, turn the computer off, turn the computer on, log in again, and then when he verified that what I was telling him was indeed what was happening, he told me that I wasn't allowed to save more than six or seven layouts and that was that, so I had to choose which layouts were most important and the rest of my house items would probably be erased.

Then the insufferable boob stuck his headphones back on his head and proceeded to resume playing his Skyforge without a care in the world.

I wanted to snap his headphones against his ear, I was so mad. Once I realized I was so violently angry, I decided to log out for the evening before I earned a new achievement in real life and a lovely new set of gear: orange prison jumpsuit, perhaps, or divorced cat lady bathrobe and slippers.I'll be back to it tomorrow, though, if I haven't gone stark raving mad.
    Kurisutaru and Prissetta like this.
  13. Padrepyro Member

You guys are crazy if you think US servers should be 4 separate servers.

It should be something like this:
    1) AB (RP) + Freeport (old F2P) + Nagafen (old PVP) + Crushbone (old RP when Lucan merged)
    2) BB + Oasis + EF + Guk+ Unrest + PF

You have got to realize the population will continue to decline and it's better to have a couple of zone instances be opened now when necessary than another merger being demanded in 6months.

Also, you need to give details on names. I would suggest that anyone with a duplicate name should ALL have Xs added to the end and a name change potion be sent out to all of these characters (X, XX, XXX, etc). First person that logs in could use the potion and just take the Xs off, the rest would have to pick a different name, assuming 'the rest' ever even log back in.
  14. Tabri Well-Known Member

I would personally love this idea because all of my characters would again be in one spot(AB + FP) BUT they really cant do it this way because they have to allow for population fluctuation.

AB is mostly a role play progression guild and hard core raid guild server(majority wise that is)
    The progression guilds most likely moved to the TLE servers, The hard core raid guilds wont raid until new content comes out for them most likely. RP'ers probaby on TLE also right now.

Reasons for low population right now:
    1. Its summer people take vacations or play other games due to boredom of this one for now.
    2. EQ2 is at the end of an old old expac now low population happens every year like this because of it.
    3. TLE servers are the only new content so everyone is playing with this new toy right now

If you combine too many servers together while the populations are extremely dead whats going to happen when the new expac this Fall is put in.
    1. People usually come back to the game in winter regardless of new content or not.
    2. New expac, people will come back again usually to play it until they get bored again
    3. People on the TLE servers will jump back onto the main servers also due to new content because the TLE servers do not get new expac content.

So now you have a ton of people coming back to the game and over packed servers :(
    Gulaep and Belenos like this.
  15. Kazz Member

I feel so betrayed that Nagafen is being retired. Nagafen (being as dead as it is) is the only reason I still play EQ2. Where did all the promises of fixing Nagafen's population problem go? There are some people who really would move to Nagafen if it wasn't for the steep price of moving all their toons. BGs and the Warzone gave PVE folks a taste of the thrill of PVP. There is no thrill in killing brainless monsters who always react in the same exact way and path the same route and are found in the same spot. To think that moving thrill seeking players into the mundane PVE environment is a solution is absurd!

How about making a poll and asking folks from PVE servers if they would move to Nagafen for free? Not everyone enjoys starting over and playing low level content so Deathtoll is not really a viable option for them.
    Aerietti likes this.
  16. TAOofRPG New Member

I would like to note that Venekor was an RP PvP server which was then merged into Naggy.

For those players who created on Venekor--and have continued playing even after the merge to Naggy--merging us to PvE strips us of the TWO driving reasons for which we play the game: roleplay and PvP

(Wildkill PvP helps me suspend disbelief: making the "elements of danger" more real.)
    Aerietti likes this.
  17. Lodrelhai Well-Known Member

The TL PvP server is at a current level cap of 50. There are no guild halls or guild banks. Only original game zones, Frostfang Sea, Darklight Woods, and the Bloodlines/Splitpaw adventure packs are currently unlocked. No prestige homes, no mercs, no reforging, no /claim rewards. I suspect the majority of the Nagafen pop couldn't transfer there simply because their level, their gear, their homes, their mounts, etc simply don't exist there.
  18. Bayfia Member

Sebilis - why? Because so many of us have used Sebilis extensively to level up. We've been living in Sebilis for years already. :p
  19. Finora Well-Known Member

Already the name of an EQ2 server currently in use.
  20. Edelphia Well-Known Member

Have you tried any of the other servers? You got it lucky! At least you have enough on to make a group!:mad: