Upcoming Server Consolidations - Vote on YOUR New Server Name!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Windstalker, Aug 18, 2015.

1. Ratza Well-Known Member

August is almost over...any word on when this will happen?
  2. BenBierman New Member

Exactly what I asked earlier and what I HOPE is the case.
    Gramma likes this.
  3. starbuck Member

Exactly. The scrubs just need to stay out of AB we have enough wurms already. I don't really want them on Permafrost/Freeport either. Since those are the three servers I have characters on other then the TLE.
    Since you don't want to merge with us I have a better Idea how about they merge you with the prison server.
  4. Gramma Active Member

Could someone please take the time to explain what type of servers there are? I love RP and do not really enjoy raiding unless there is an item that would look nice in my home or in an appearance slot. Is there a server that is exclusively for RP? What are the various servers best known for?
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  5. Caela Well-Known Member

Antonia Bayle is a Role Playing server - it's just like the other normal servers with voluntary Role Playing.

Nagafen is a PVP server (but looks like that will be going away)

Deathtoll and Stormhold are TLE servers (presently at launch "Shattered Lands" state, plus 2 adventure packs). Deathtoll is PVP, Stormhold is PVE.

The rest of the servers are "live". There is no difference in the rule set between AB and the other "live" servers (ie, Butcherblock, Unrest, Crushbone, etc)

There are also international servers - same rule set as live, just for international populations.

There is also a Test server where new content is tested before going to live.
  6. dmartin248 New Member

can we have free server transfers to a different server of our choice?
  7. Spectre Active Member

8. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

9. Lexxiii Active Member

Thank you to all the developers. Besides having 3 toons on Deathtoll, I have 3 on Nagafen and 7 on Freeport. So happy majority of my toons will be on the same server :D This made me very pleased. Sad to see PvP go besides the TLE server, but at least I will be on one server mainly :D
  10. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

And there will still be Battle Grounds and Duels, potentially... :)

Uwk
    Lexxiii likes this.
  11. Quazil New Member

You're merging three servers per new one? ...
    That needed to be done over a year ago.

Today ... there might not be enough players across all the live servers to support ONE functional server and they are going to be diluted among four servers.
  12. Gramma Active Member

I was disappointed to see that "Climbable Wall" had not made it to the server name poll.
  13. Lexxiii Active Member

I cant wait to see these new true cross server BGs and Dungeons. That should be good. I am actually glad Daybreak took over. Seems like they are trying their hardest to fix this once beautiful game and make it beautiful again.
  14. Elfrina Member

I don't like any of the names for the new server from Guk , call it Barren Sky
  15. Feldon Well-Known Member

In use by Russian server.
  16. Nunja Well-Known Member

Names on the poll are to long!! Can you imagine cross server tells?
  17. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

One reason why I voted for Maj'Dul on the one Crushbone will be "folded" into. ;->

Uwk
    Merriel likes this.
  18. Merriel Well-Known Member

Yep, my reason for selecting Maj'dul exactly. I don't want to have to type out some long name with underscores where the spaces should be due to multiple words in the server name. There really were no good choices beyond this one name, so to me it really wasn't much of a vote, lol.
    Neiloch and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  19. Canth Active Member

That's exactly why we feel that we were pushed into Maj'Dul even though lots of us hate the idea of that name. It's the only short one, so lots voting for it.
  20. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Ostensibly, the Powers gathered up all our suggestions and sifted through them for the most popular...not a really good way to do it, imho, but at least it gives us the idea that we're participating on our end...I mean, they could have just said, "This is what we're calling it. Deal." ;->

Uwk
    Merriel likes this.