Upcoming Changes for Free and Silver Members

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Dexella, Mar 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lempo Well-Known Member

Then buy unlockers.
  2. Lempo Well-Known Member

When I first read this I read the bolded word as something other than asterisks. I'm just sayin'
  3. Kody New Member

How is it ridiculous???? They are giving the game away...

Kody
  4. Plavem Active Member

Lol honestly it is very misleading. But meh I guess thats why they say always read the fine print, there are companies out there that will mislead you. I am glad there are law protecting us, because if sony didn't have to abide by the laws then they would not have put the fine print. Like I said its very misleading and questionable.
  5. Plavem Active Member

No however if you do not hear it or see it, it will make the buyer go into the dealership, sadly they will walk away feeling they wasted their time. Its shady....... no different than this.
  6. Kody New Member

Lempo, how is what I said ridiculous???
  7. Foretold Well-Known Member

Any capable person who doesn't understand how the world around them works gets what they deserve. Time to take the blinders off. It's only misleading if you refuse to understand.
  8. Lempo Well-Known Member

Early adopters always pay the price.
    It is very similar to technology and the prices of items.
    When a new tech item comes out it is very expensive this is for multiple reasons, R&D has to be paid off, investors have to be paid off and production capabilities have t be ramped up as the technology proves to be desireable. Prices gradually drop, at times there are sharp drops, more gradual ones and eventually sharper drops again.

There is really not a lot capacity out there that can be drawn into the game at this time, I've played since '05 myself and subbed for the biggest part of it except for a handful of 2-3 month breaks maybe 12 months total over all that time , I purchased every expansion and enjoyed the use of it over all those years. (full disclosure I B*tch a lot about things, but I also say just as often there is no better game out there in this category)
    Now that said, SOE has to continue to make the game as profittable as they can, the bean counters there have determined that there is more money to be made by adapting the games model. You don't get access to everything for F2P, you actually can't get access to the most desireable parts of the game as a F2P member w/o buying expansions and unlockers, the expansion being unlimited use, the unlockers being somewhat limited *except* for the unlockers that they just made free.

What you are asking for is no different than me saying that since I have a Magic Jack phone now and my long distance is free that Ma Bell should compensate me for all those years of long distance that I CHOSE ON MY OWN FREE WILL TO PAY FOR.

That is why what you said is ridiculous, probably the most ridiculous thing that is said on the boards today and trust me you have a lot of competition.
    Alenna, Ridolain, Spindle and 3 others like this.
  9. Foretold Well-Known Member

This gave me a big freaking laugh... :D
    Spindle likes this.
  10. Mimixx(2) Member

My friend downloaded the game and it still is unavailible to play other classes.

Is there an update its coming with?l
  11. Lempo Well-Known Member

I would imagine Tuesdays patch will do this.
    Mimixx(2) likes this.
  12. Plavem Active Member

No man you fail to understand. It is common sense. The reason for the fine print is because there were 2 types of companies back in the day. The honest companies who this law wasn't made for, and the companies who boast about something new only to find out how misleading it was.

When the law was implemented it protected the people. SO BY LAW SOE has to put that there. But the reason it is in fine print is because sony HOPES to draw people in with the original statement. ALL CLASSES AND RACES ARE FREE. Its a gimic, much like everything else in the world, but even today there are your good companies and bad companies. Here ill break it down for you, which of the following is misleading:

Example A

LEVELING IS FREE!!!!!
    Up to lvl 20!!

Example B
    LEVELING IS FREE UP TO LEVEL 20!!!!!

The reason the first one is done that way is because I am hoping people don't really see it, but I have to put it there by law. Chances are people will see the LEVELING IS FREE and stop reading after that and try the game get to lvl 20 and realize they were shorthanded and quit.

Example B shows honesty and is hoping to draw people in by just giving them a chance to lvl to 20 to see if they like the game.

So you sir is the one who lacking the understanding of how the world works. I know how the world works.

Its just like saying "I work for waste management" most people would think with a title like that you prolly sit behind a desk, little do they know all day you hug a dump truck and dump trash into the back of it. Because you are a trash man, its misleading because you don't want people to know what your real job is.
  13. Arivia New Member

I just wanna state that I am amazed SOE did this. Awesome job guys, i think it was the right decision. Within sharing the news, with only a handful of friends online, already one is now considering picking the game up where otherwise it was a firm NO.
    Ridolain likes this.
  14. Lempo Well-Known Member

Just because you dump trash into the back of a garbage truck doesn't mean you know how anything works. All you know is when you pull that lever it smashes the trash.
  15. Foretold Well-Known Member

Oh yeah, that's right. That's why we don't try to explain things to Plavem. I am at work and must have had a case of temporary insanity. Why else would I even have tried?!?!

Although I am gonna take offense at your SIR. I am a MA'AM. The lack of a lady rat avatar notwithstanding.
  16. Plavem Active Member

No lempo you are missing the point.

You would say I work for Waste Management because i makes your job more appealing than it really is, which in turn misleads people in to believing you are something you are not, when all you do is, like you said, pull a lever.
  17. Loch Well-Known Member

There is a whole lot of fine print out there. Plenty of gimmicks and scams. To compare this to any of them is incredibly stupid. This isn't your sleazy used car dealership bait and switch. They've made a change to what they're giving away for free. And they're delivering on what they're saying.

The little asterisk was there for clarification on a point that took an entire paragraph to explain, not for the window-lickers to stumble over and cry foul like they've uncovered some scandalous secret that the corporate fat cats are hiding from us. Thanks for picking up my trash though.
  18. SentinelBasch Active Member

I'm sort of on the fence about this decision. I know that it will bring in more players, which is always good, but I worry that SOE's revenues might take a hit from this, as they really made the gold subscription much less desirable. I'm still glad to be a gold sub, and consider it worthwhile, but I don't know how many players will agree. Hopefully, the servers will still be up for a long time to come.
  19. Plavem Active Member

Explain what. Im not the impossible one here you are. Your arguments provide nothing other "PLavem you are wrong" which im not. The reason you aren't arguing with me is because I am right. I mean seriously whats the only thing you could say that would make remote sense? SONY would never do that to us? Lol come on now are we talking about the same sony?

The same sony that use to condone a GM turning pvp off in a pvp zone just so a guild could get an avatar kill? Or the sony that allowed all our credit card information to be compromised? yeah they would never do anything untrustworthy
  20. Plavem Active Member

No im not crying, but I am saying it makes sony look bad. Just because the fan boys and girls will defend it until the very end doesn't make me any less right
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.