Upcoming Changes for Free and Silver Members

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Dexella, Mar 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Foretold Well-Known Member

Read what Loch posted above. He says it better than I did. I personally can't believe he's trying to explain it, either...
  2. Foretold Well-Known Member

And we have our first fanboi callout...

hahahaha
  3. Plavem Active Member

Well look how you are defending a company.

Had they put UNLOCKING ALL CLASS EXPECT BEASTLORD then everything would have been fine. But you can't even admit that sony would ever do anything questionable.
  4. Bella222 Active Member

I can see that our many free members will be very happy with this announcement, but...... I can see no incentive to upgrade to gold till one reaches 90 now. I have a gold account and recently made a silver. I had been debating upgrading that account to gold but now I see no reason to till the characters reach 90 -- if then. And, I feel that you are unrewarding or pointedly NOT rewarding the many gold members like myself who have been paying and paying faithfully for years. What will you be giving us? It is like you are taking away some of the benefits of gold membership. Does this really help pay the salaries of your employees? Please explain how not charging benefits a company. What is the reasoning behind this? All I have noticed so far is free players bragging about how they never pay for anything and sell plat for SC when they want to buy something. And please explain how this benefits your faithful Gold members. Thanks.
    Louly likes this.
  5. Loch Well-Known Member

Had they put UNLOCKING ALL CLASS EXPECT BEASTLORD, they probably would have caused the confusion that you're having right now.
    flameweaver, Zannah and Foretold like this.
  6. Gourdon Well-Known Member

The problem with your argument is the ignorance of context you seem to have. SOE is saying that free players are getting the same access to classes and races as paying members. The announcement is not about all players, it is about free players, thus it only makes sense that they would get the races and classes that are no extra charge to subscription players. If the announcement were that all classes and races were free, then it would be an announcement for all players. The fine print is for the people who don't naturally appreciate context or are otherwise just ignorant of how the game works.
    Lempo likes this.
  7. Belissa Active Member

So if you are a F2P or Silver you get more now (while I agree with the Race / Class I have to say), but nevertheless as a Europen Gold player, we have an increased subscription rate.
    Pretty obvious that I am not very happy about that...
  8. Lempo Well-Known Member

Anytime this is used you all but compeltely invalidate anything you have to say s being even remotely sensible.
    Provide evidence that your credit card information was compromised.
    Oh that's right, you can't.
    Please if you can do so in a sensible, intelligent manner explain how the fact that SOE got hacked has anything to do with their trustworthiness.
    GO GO!
  9. Plavem Active Member

yeah cause that isn't straight forward lol. You people crack me up. Yes thanks so much Loch I am clearly confused... thanks for setting me straight..... who would of thought UNLOCKING ALL CLASSES & UNLOCKING ALL RACES meant they were unlocking all classes and races. Man I am just baffled......

Again please accept my apology, I am obviously an idiot thinking that UNLOCKING ALL CLASSES & UNLOCKING ALL RACES meant they were unlocking all classes and races. Sometimes I just lose my mind.
  10. Plavem Active Member

I can't you are right I really can't. But they have what a 300,000 dollar fine saying it did happen from what was it russia?
  11. Lempo Well-Known Member

No if they had put they were unlock all classes except Beastlord that would have been misleading because Freeblood would still be locked.
    You off your meds today? Dose change recently? Mixing and matching different color pills?
  12. Cuelaen Well-Known Member

At first, when i read this, i thought-oh wait, this must be a sick "April fools" prank by SOE-then, in a moment of lucidity, i remembered its not April yet, lol. I don't understand the motive behind this, but it seems they are being VERY generous...so why complain? It's like no matter what they give out for free, its just not good enough lol. Of course they're not going to give you beastlords or freebloods for free-one is a marketplace purchase, and one is unlocked by buying that "features" expansion. I guess i cant blame the complainers for complaining, though-its pretty much been proven that if they complain loud enough, they will get their way. The only problem with giving everything away, is why buy the "cow" when you can get the milk(and the bottle, and the cap, and the milkman who delivered it lol) for free?-was this out of desperation? are numbers just not what they used to be, or is something unfavorable coming down the road that they're trying to soften the blow for? At any rate, it changes nothing for me-for the moment-i still pay my all access sub, so that i can play eq1 too-although if eq1 is going the same way, i may need to rethink that;)
    Tariya likes this.
  13. Cisteros Active Member

It makes Sony look bad to people desperately trying to convince themselves and others that Sony is the devil incarnate. To rational people it's just a press release with some information in it to act upon or not
    Spindle likes this.
  14. Cuelaen Well-Known Member

Now that was funny, lol:)
  15. Lempo Well-Known Member

They were not fined because credit card data may or may not have been compromised.
    I oversee the Payment Card Industry (PCI) program for my company, I'll assure you I know more about the subject than you ever will having done audits at least annually* for the past 4 years.

* In 2011 an employee violated some rules corrective measures were taken and company policies were updated. I ran another PCI audit to make sure there was nothing else overlooked.

Now I know I used an asterisk there and that probably makes you question my integrity and the integrity of the company for which I work. Those lead paint chips you ate for snacks as a child were not meant to be eaten.
  16. Plavem Active Member

The fine in the lawsuit made world wide news, so you may be a little outdated on your information there kid.

As far as your audits, i could care less if you are telling the truth or not. the * doesn't mean anything in this case. Cept maybe for showing lack of intelligence seeing that it is not needed.
  17. Lempo Well-Known Member

You insinuated that the use of an asterisk was an indication of something underhanded going on, when in fact it is/was used to provide clarification.

You said they were fined $300,000 because credit card data was compromised. Provide a valid citation for that, I'm not contesting that they were fined I am contesting that you are pretty much clueless in regards to what for and you are just regurgitating the tired old line of "SOE let my credit card info get stolen".
  18. Foretold Well-Known Member

Lempo... stop trying ;)
  19. Lempo Well-Known Member

Awwww but It's fun.
    I think he was lying about working on the back of a garbage truck, I think he is really a ditch digger, or maybe even a grave digger because he is remarkably skilled at digging holes.
  20. Siren Well-Known Member

So I've been all-access/gold since forever.
    Won't you still have to go gold to unlock the AA slider? I may just be going blind here, but I can't see anywhere that specifies whether this is still the case or not.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.