Up on Test (SPOILER)

Discussion in 'History and Lore' started by ARCHIVED-Josgar, Nov 6, 2009.

1. ARCHIVED-DukeOccam Guest

I have to agree. It would seem rather arbitrary if one thing got destroyed in both cities. Like who-/whatever did this would care about being fair.
  2. ARCHIVED-Froed2004 Guest

I'm on to you, brat.
    [IMG]
  3. ARCHIVED-Temprah Guest

I dunno... Will of a Tyrant... Means Lucan of course. But what if it was a literal will. As in he's (presumed at least) dead.
  4. ARCHIVED-Saihung23 Guest

Fayle@Mistmoore wrote:
    One question....

Is he attackable?:mad:

and does he just stand around asking anyone who walks by, "Have you ever killed a gnoll before?" in a whiny nasally voice that just screams KICK A PUPPY!!!:p
  5. ARCHIVED-Iksar_God Guest

Crymsyn@Lucan DLere wrote:
    I like this theory. Not because I hate Lucan and think he's a tool, but because it plays on the words & well yeah, amuses me that Lucan would finally be gone
  6. ARCHIVED-Aera Guest

Gninja wrote:
    I guess I unintentionally trolled a dev? I was being sarcastic because a few posters above me had jumped to that conclusion.
    Anyway, I am glad things are happening in the old world zones again.
  7. ARCHIVED-Meirril Guest

Cinnimon wrote:
    Oh, you know. The old fashioned way I suppose? Find someone with information useful to you, accuse them of crimes. Imprision them and confiscate the information. Torture them to find the rest of it. Use said information to make yourself more powerful. Rince and repeat. I'm sure the "paladin" Lucan D'Leer has plenty of occasions to deal with Necromancers in Freeport. How else do you think he would of learned how to become a Litch at such a young age?
  8. ARCHIVED-Wilde_Night Guest

Spearous@Venekor wrote:
    Evil will always win. Because good, is dumb.
  9. ARCHIVED-betatester7 Guest

noo wait wait wait, this is a wonderfull idea, devs destroy qyenos or freeport, well part of them, suddenly we have new events to repair and fix.
    voilà we have qeynos and freeport revamped! no more stuck npcs, no more ugly city! just fill the spots with lore bits and tadaa!
  10. ARCHIVED-Zabjade Guest

Or perhaps instead of Zigging the events in Qeynos will Zag, perhaps there will be increased activity in the sewers or Gnolls will be forced to ally with Qeynos because of an Orc Invasion of Antonica and/or Thundering Steppes (Which leaves things open for the revamp of TS for the expansion)
    Qeynos might have a suddend influx of Refugees instead of a crushed Building. This will of course mean the reworking of quests and possibly a turnover of BB to Orcs and small hold-outs of Gnolls so you can still do the L&L Have the towers heavily guarded...

It would definitaly be more interesting then random building demolition.
  11. ARCHIVED-CorpseGoddess Guest

Aeviel@Nagafen wrote:
    Best quote of the movie.
  12. ARCHIVED-FireDragon Guest

Zabjade wrote:
    Gnoll Player Race tto balance good/evil... we can dream.. :<
  13. ARCHIVED-Orpheus666 Guest

Fayle@Mistmoore wrote:
    If they want to bring city populations back up, make him attackable*sagely nod*
  14. ARCHIVED-Doggi Guest

I like this whole speculation about what happend in Freeport :D The devs should add some minor damage to Qeynos as well: Parts of the mage tower break down and fall onto Nathan Ironforge, smashing him to a pancake. Then, a new Live Event could be introduced, where everybody dances around the grave of this nasty little npc :p
  15. ARCHIVED-Gamer1965 Guest

betatester7 wrote:
    THIS.
  16. ARCHIVED-Quicksilver74 Guest

Cusashorn wrote:
    Or maybe a building has explosives and it blows it up into the air and then it topples down. Or a Wizard tries to learn teleportation but accidentally teleports the Queen's castle 1 Mile above Qeynos... only then to watch it fall down... Or a Conjuror tries summoning a new pet but it explodes upon appearing, leaving a huge crater in Qeynos Harbor.

There are literaly thousands of ways for qeynos to have a similar disaster.
  17. ARCHIVED-Orpheus666 Guest

Crabbok@Befallen wrote:
    you've got the how's but not the Why's and this is the important part of how people percieve and attempt to accept the lore and history as it's being changed/written
  18. ARCHIVED-Quicksilver74 Guest

The why is simple.

The Incredibel Hulk punched down Twilight Citadel. Then Wolverine showed up and cut him, making him enraged. Nightcrawler teleported in and took Wolverine to Qeynos, which was far enough away, that they hoped even IF the Hulk chased after them, he woudl calm down before finding them. Well halfway there, the Hulk began to calm down, but just as he was almost about to revert back into David Banner, Spiderman literally fell out of the sky! (You see, good ole' Spidey was doing battle with the Green Goblin, and managed to get himself STUCK to the goblin's glider! Well the webbing eventually gave out, dropping Spidey somewhere over Antonica... right on to the hulk!)

If it weren't for the sudden impact, it was certainly Spiderman's "Green" jokes. Hulk exploded in a rage all over again, and swung at Spiderman, knocking him so hard that he actually clipped through a wall... causing him to fall through the world and be teleported to a safe location. Just then a monk ran past hulk, out adventuring... and the Hulk saw the monk's claw weapon. It reminded Hulk to finish finding Wolverine! So Hulk, now fully enraged, made his way to Qeynos. Once there, Mr. Sinister appeared, and told Hulk that Wolverine was in the Queen's Castle hiding! Then Mr. Sinister disappeared, laughing to himself. Hulk proceeded to destroy the castle in search for Wolverine!

Your quest young adventurer, shoudl you choose to accept it... is to help the Hulk find Wolverine!
  19. ARCHIVED-Froed2004 Guest

Perhaps the hamster that was powering the hover generator went LD?
  20. ARCHIVED-Froed2004 Guest

Crabbok@Befallen wrote:
    You've also got a city full of gnomes. That fact alone justifies any possible explanation.