Undead Horde

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by ARCHIVED-Silerua, Jan 26, 2009.

1. ARCHIVED-Davngr1 Guest

Xil, no one flammed you. your just wrong and post stupid things at times.
    1. Any class can be stacked to pull off insane numbers, ok geared illys with a stack group can put up 15k's(even more with no healer) i've seen it.
    2. the "boo hoo.. this class sux" that you acuse me off, stems down to begining of RoK when all the gear mechanics left summoner way behind, this leads us to my next point.
    3. yes the pet does not scale, but that is because no spells scaled from EoF to RoK that much. clearly this was done in this fashion to accomodate for the new gear mechanics ie. huge amounts of +spell and crit.
    4. i personaly think the current pet scaleing seems to work it just needs to be more powerful, meaning it should be a 1:3 ratio if the summoenr gives up one crit the pet should get 3 crit. same with +spell and summoner should NEVER give up base dmg.

PS. what you fail to understand is that summoner being left behind was not some "blunder" oops! it was a deliverate action taken by game developers to "tone down" insane summoner(expecialy necro) DPS. that is why summoner main nukes lost their spread to nerf dmg with high crit rates, that's why lifetaps only benefit from 50% of +spell for dmg, that's why lifeburn was given a 4:5 ratio. the developers know what they did, and now know they OVER did it because they did not give summoner any other utillity to make up for this HUGE dps loss.
  2. ARCHIVED-hellfire Guest

Xil wrote:
  3. ARCHIVED-hellfire Guest

Xil wrote:
  4. ARCHIVED-Sabutai Guest

Xil wrote:
    Not sure why you think gear isn't the same for every class but it is. The single biggest problem, and I'm sure you don't agree at all or you would have noticed I keep saying this over and over for a solution, is that our pets have major issues with our gear. Adding effects to gear that boosts the pet but takes away from the summoner isn't fixing any issues. 100% gear sharing is the only way this is going to go away, the rest of the gear will work just like every other class does. Chanters have just as many fast cast low damage dots as summoners do but they do fine, why? Cause they utilize 100% of their gear.
    And to say the other classes don't utilize procs from other classes is just false, the hit count on a summoner is misleading due to the dots, sorcerors and chanters have near as many if not more hits than a summoner does. Yes we rely on many classes, but not as many as you'd think. The only difference is that our utility gets in the way such that if there is a better class, ie one that provides those procs to others, we can easily be subbed in or moved to a less desirable group. Adding a proc type buff to our repitoire would help, but would be far from a overall solution.
    The major problem with these devs over the years is not that people haven't come with solutions, its that they don't believe those solutions fit what they 'envision' the class to be. Its that vision that needs to change for any real change to happen, but its stubborness that prevents it. Losing foresight by giving every class in the game the utility we brought to a raid force just shows how little they think things thru. I don't really care that they gave FD, power management, coth to everybody, but I do expect them to forgo their thoughts on how this class should be designed then and just make us straight up dps gods. I mean its only fair right?
    Its clear they don't really expect much from their dev or community managers from their lack of showing the community they are listening. I can help provide any kind of data they want in respect to how this gear works, but any posts in that fashion either fall on deaf ears, or is locked because there are 'too many' in existence already. The fact is, they don't really even want to think about it right now, hence the ignoring. But to be honest, that's the fastest way to lose a loyal fan base and a subscription.
  5. ARCHIVED-Xil Guest

Sabutai wrote:
    Not talkin about DoT hit counts. Talking about the rediculous amount of times Necro can trigger PoTM, PoM, Lich, Gift, Note, Flames, ect.. Only chanters compare. Sorc's put up about 1/3 the procs and therefor you can say 1/3 the actual hits. But chanters can't use the HAWT warlock procs that only trigger off poison and disease damage.

And gear doesn't work the same for us because alot more of our DPS doesn't scale with gear than just our pets. Dumbfires? No scale... Procs? No Scale... DoTs? Partial scale... Drain Life? Partial scale...
    Spell damage and spell crits are not enough for summoner. We need proc enhancements, reuse speed, +base damage, in droves where other classes don't need much at all. Our DPS is based on other mechanics mainly proc mechanics so to scale us up we need to be able to increase proc counts even further.
    AA's that increase proc chance. Gear that proc's 100% spell recovery reduction instead of spell casting reduction. Small increases to +Base damage in place of +spell damage. And make that +Base affect or pets.
    Little stuff like that.
    So much more than our Primary pet is overlooked with typical mage gear it's rediculous.
  6. ARCHIVED-Sabutai Guest

Xil wrote:
    So you're understanding of game mechanics comes forth once again. First You are right dumbfires don't take into account any crit or spell gear, but then that would be another pet sharing problem. Dots don't take advantage of spell gear? since when? I look at mine and I get 100% spell mod on my dots, its a overall mechanic issue. The only spells that really fail on spell mod are both lifetaps and pandemic. But with more multi-encounter mobs in this expansion pandemic is just fine, half of the problem with bloodcloud is fine now, but they still need to look at the 50/50 thing. I really could care less if I heal more, I mean its nice but since a lot of the new raid gear has +heal on it, maybe they could use that on the heal portion of it.
    Why would we be the only class in the game to increase proc rates outside of templars or dirges? And you do know that some of the procs from a troub are based on THEIR gear? We do not need proc enhancements. Base damage? seriously? We are one of the worst classes for base increase gear. Yea it helps, but its completely lost on us cause of the low damage of our spells. Recovery gear? Huh? the 0.5 secs on most spells isn't enough, even if you capped it out is 0.25 really going to make that much of a difference?
    And its a lot closer than 1/3 as many hits from a sorc. Maybe should play with some decent ones.
    And back to the proc count, so you want us to rely even more on other classes? I thought the idea was to make us more independant? Reuse gear for the most part is lost on us cause we really don't approach any casting cap where we need it. It helps on Undead horde, but the recast on that spell is another matter.
  7. ARCHIVED-Xil Guest

Sabutai wrote:
  8. ARCHIVED-Sabutai Guest

Xil wrote:
  9. ARCHIVED-Germs666 Guest

I noticed that this spell is casting Undead tide along with undead horde!!! This spell is broken.

As a necro if you care about this class at all you need to send IN GAME reports. Tell them it is a bug. I know petitioning isn't allowed but if we can spam SOE with enough reports they might acutally get off of their duffs and address the issue.

BROKEN spells are bugged and must be reported!!! I'm sending mine today!!
  10. ARCHIVED-Plaguemeister Guest

Horde needs to be on a 5 min recast timer and our swarm pets need to eb immune to non targeted blue AOEs as they can be cured like dots AND blasted like toons. Double penalty ftw. Also a higher damage proc rate off them and better hit rate.
  11. ARCHIVED-Hardain Guest

Is this the only spell along with Execute in game that has 15min recast? It really should be 5 mins or make the spell do more damage. Shouldn't be that hard to fix.
  12. ARCHIVED-Mewse Guest

Evac has a 15 min recast timer. I think the SK's life tap, Harm Touch, is 15 or 20 min reuse. Most deity abilities are 1 hour reuse. Certain potions have 5 to 15 min timers.
  13. ARCHIVED-Nuhus Guest

Mewse wrote:
    With the TSO SK changes damage was reduced and reuse was downed to 4 min 20 seconds (somewhere around there)
  14. ARCHIVED-Clymene Guest

If the recast of Undead tide/horde is changed, then to be fair Plane Shift for the conjurors must also be changed.
  15. ARCHIVED-Sabutai Guest

Sihd@Nagafen wrote:
    why? Conjurors can already get this timer under 6 mins with gear, necros have never gotten anything that reduces this timer en masse like conjurors do... Thanks for coming over tho.