Two Bugs That Need Attention

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by ZUES, May 27, 2015.

1. ZUES Well-Known Member

Hi devs. I'm not sure if you're aware of these so I'm creating this thread.

#1 - Leaving a guild hall has a very high chance to crash your client. This is happening game wide. I share a teamspeak with people on 5 servers, all of which report an identical problem to mine. Leaving any guild hall can cause a crash. I've crashed 100 times in the last month. That's more than my total number of crashes since this game launched. This is happening during raids and during the day when fewer people are online. Many of my friends are having the same problem. It's effecting our raid schedule because people keep getting kicked out of the game and we have to wait for them to return. Please fix this one asap.

#2 - Many players on the Freeport server are seeing agro mobs where there are none. They flash for a second and then they are gone. Sometimes the agro mob is your merc, sometimes it's the NPCs in your guild hall, sometimes it's an NPC in a city or dungeon. It's random and only happens for about 1 second. I'm not sure if other servers are seeing this or not. It's been donned the "blinking bug" by players on my server. It has no adverse effects and is only visual.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  2. Dulcenia Well-Known Member

#1 - I more often crash entering a guild hall. Never have leaving. There's a memory leak, and entering the hall causes memory use to spike past what a 32-bit application can handle if you've had the game running a while.

#2 - That began showing up with the changes to update time on the UI. Heck, I've seen shinies flash a level colour. My pack pony spawned RED one day even :eek:
  3. Ishtara Well-Known Member

You should probably lock him up at night, and if the oats you feed him glow in the dark... you may need a new feed supplier. Otherwise there is going to be an Epic x4 ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ pack pony rampaging and razing villages to the ground. :(
  4. ZUES Well-Known Member

I too have crashed while attempting to enter our guildhall. I've also heard a couple people say they have as well. But I don't have enough info to claim it's a bug or just a spontaneous LD. Most people I know have only reported it happening when the try to take the flag, exit the door or CoV out of the guild. But it could very well be a general guild hall bug. It doesn't appear to be happening when zoning from dungeon to dungeon or other over world zones.

At first I assumed it was the guild hall and it's decorations. But this has happened to me in my alt guilds as well. They have next to nothing in the way of decorations. And they are different guild hall designs, T1-T4.
  5. Dulcenia Well-Known Member

When I read about the memory leak I started running Task Manager in the background, and sure enough...once the memory usage gets up around 2.5Gb you're very likely to crash out while zoning.
  6. Feara Well-Known Member

Well that is much better than the hot pink nakedness my Guild Hall Amenities flash everyone when they zone in.
  7. Rotherian Well-Known Member

Heh. I can imagine the conversation that sparked:

Person 1 - "Man, I'm tellin' ya....even the shinies hate me..."
    Person 2 - :rolleyes:

But, yeah, I agree that bug needs to be addressed.

You have my undivided attention. Elaborate, please. :eek: :D
  8. ZUES Well-Known Member

Update: still crashing but not as frequently. I did a factory restore in hopes of replacing whatever was causing that "memory leak". Everything is running much smoother, but like I said I'm still crashing.
  9. Skpamd Active Member

Mobs flashing on and off on AB is happening as well and it is really annoying.
  10. Wirewhisker Well-Known Member

I'm getting that while tab-flipping around mobs you can't interact with, they show aggro/con for a brief flash then revert to their true state.
  11. Xianthia Well-Known Member

/adjusts combined paranoia/tin foil hat

I've started to outfit all of my characters for the impending attack from anything and everything in Norrath.

I just know one day I'll log in and there will be devastation everywhere I look. Bodies everywhere. Ongoing fights heard in the near vicinity, all due to shinies, house pets, npcs, fish, merchants, loot chests, Hagley in Halas will finally get his way and not only growl but eat our faces, training apprentices (sweat shops across Norrath anyone?), the pack ponies, the goblins. That's just a short list. The list of things that will be attacking us is phenomenal. We innocently go about our business in Norrath... and they are setting up the attack.

;):po_O
  12. ZUES Well-Known Member

What?????
  13. Rhodris EQ2Wire Ninja

Happens to me on Splitpaw. Just on zone in and some random mob that's not even meant to be there flashes up and gone in a split second.
  14. isest Active Member

The agro mobs showing up with different colors is the really odd one. I had npc's in my guild hall show up as agro, a couple of times my merc show up as agro. However a lot of times I am showing a mob as like blue or yellow in color then show up as normal color a few seconds later. And yes I had mobs show up and go poof that should not be in that zone as well.
  15. Prayos Well-Known Member

For those complaining about the memory leak and crashes when you get to around 2.5GB of RAM usage, have you tried making EQ2 large address aware? I remember having to do this during Kunark, and I've not had a problem since.
  16. Finora Well-Known Member

Now I've never experienced crashing while leaving the guild hall, it could be specific amenity related.

The con-flashing seems to have shown up after the devs were fiddling with how data was sent, so the assumption is that something about how things are being sent now caused it. As far as I know it shows up on all servers. Its not a particularly annoying bug luckily, nothing really attacks that shouldn't. It's just weird. Kind of like the longstanding bug where your name on your UI will get stuck on red or some pinkish color when you are using ranged weapons sometimes.
  17. SandsMans Active Member

In regards to #2. For me it's not just mobs flashing red. I've noticed that as NPCs, shinies, and treasure chests pop into view, they get random names/colors based on things that I have seen on my screen during that play session.

I've seen shinies appear as "small chest" and then quickly change to a "?", or treasure chests appear as a coercer's puppet they cast from the previous fight.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Rhodris like this.
  18. Finora Well-Known Member

Oh yeah, it's everything. Not just monsters.
  19. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Tell us how.
  20. Prayos Well-Known Member

Azian, Uwkete-of-Crushbone and konofo like this.