Tserrina Syltor? Why'd Mayong toot it and boot it?

Discussion in 'History and Lore' started by ARCHIVED-RoninSenshi, Apr 13, 2011.

1. ARCHIVED-Sirutill Guest

Well that's interesting, because in paineel's quests there was an npc that came to the Athenaeum Necromantia and requested research on containing souls
    I wish to discuss with you the matter of the soul
    Here's the quest text:
    You say, 'I wish to discuss with you the matter of the soul'
    Ernax the scholar says 'Hmmm. That's a phrase I have not heared for some time, and one I thought I would not hear again, any time soon. So another fool seeks Azrax's legacy, eh? Well, so be it. Take this and follow it's instructions. When you are finished reading and scribing, give it back to me.'
    Azrax's Legacy appears to be a quest to create an item to manipulate souls. You recieve a Mantle of Souls for completing this quest.
    Originally i researched this ages ago when I was looking into Miragul (you can see my thead here)
    But with Tserinna's involvement with the Heretics it's a possibility that she may have manipulated them just as much as Miragul may have done
    Access to Paineel
    If you didn't know, there were 3 portals in The Hole itself that (when you walked into them) took you to Neriak (there was also two more, one was definately Everfrost and another... (not sure which))
    Now originally I assumed that the portals in The Hole were miragul's own as he's the only guy I could see who had any necromancer dealings in Everfrost/Frigid Plains
    Completion of Azrax's quest
    He gives you a letter explaining how to construct the Soul Trap - The needed components are a bloody mantle, the heart of a druid of reknown, and a crystal of capturing.
    You are rewarded a Soul Trap box - so either way, might be something to look into
    Miragul and Tserinna
    The above must have occured after the battle of the heretics - if the library in new paineel was not constructed until the original Paineel was destroyed, perhaps Azrax was Tserinna in disguise, and maybe miragul ended up following on their research sometime after
    ----
    You can follow the questline still I'm guessing, but haven't tested http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/....html?quest=662
    Where to go from here?
    Why did Azrax which to capture a soul
    How much can be found on Azrax
    Can a point in time be found for Azrax's research
    Do any other npcs respond to questions regarding Azrax
  2. ARCHIVED-Velenda Guest

I love the title of this thread. Interesting bit of lore as well.
    Kinda makes me wonder...Mayong is very old and very powerful...I wonder how long his 'toot' list is?
  3. ARCHIVED-The_Cheeseman Guest

Rivald@Antonia Bayle wrote:
    It should be obvious from others like Dartain and Miragul that the abilities of NPCs are not limited to those of PC classes, and therefore her title was just that. All lore on Tserrina points to her having significant mastery over necromancy. However, if she really was in favor with King Naythox, it's difficult to believe she would be among The Dead, who are tied to Queen Christanos, so who knows what her true allegiances were?
  4. ARCHIVED-The_Cheeseman Guest

Velenda wrote:
    Well, we know of at least 3: Xanne, Tserinna, and Lenya Thex. From Mayong's remarks regarding Tserinna, it can be assumed that he had many more, as he seems to consider taking a consort as a sort of errand on which he keeps a tight schedule.
  5. ARCHIVED-RoninSenshi Guest

6. ARCHIVED-Velenda Guest

The_Cheeseman wrote:
    That man must have centuries of notchies on his bedpost.

....not tht i'd mind being of of those notches myself....*swoons*
  7. ARCHIVED-Rainy Guest

actually, I bet Mayong foesn't have very many 'notches' at all. he's a VERY particular guy. not the kind to be turned by just a pretty face or even a pretty face and a bit of arcane/political power.
    I mean other then Xanne, the only two are Lenya and Tserrina that we know of...we don't know that Xanne was as far as a class/nobility/power range...but we know Lenya was the heir apparent to New Tunaria, and arguably a powerful mage type in her own right. and we know Tserrina was a very potent Necromancer at the very least and apparently a noble as well.
    Mayong seems to like his women in the upper crust of class..and barring that, they gotta be a VERY potent powerhouse.
    I think actually, if I had to pick a woman that Mayong prolyl would get along with...I'd almost have to go with Cristanos at this point. Someone as ruthless, cunning as he is, with power both political and arcnae/physical to back them.
    unless he and Tserrina get back together again. which i think vould very well happen. some of the commentary in the Tower hints that Tserrina still carries a torch...maybe after these past what? 800 years? Mayong will be over what peeved him off and look at her as a new, valuable ally.
  8. ARCHIVED-Felshades Guest

Iskandar wrote:
    Printed books gets my vote.
    A set of those and a set for Blizzard's Warcraft and Diablo series and I'll never leave my reading chair again.
    3 game worlds with abundance of epic lore: Norrath(two timelines even! More awesome!), Azeroth and Sanctuary.
    DO WANT.
  9. ARCHIVED-therodge Guest

Rainmare@Oasis wrote:
    Acually i have a beileif that mayong isnt very particular on whom, but what. here are things we know 100% about mayong
    1. hes old how old no one really knows as most of what we know about how old he is he said and mayong isnt above deception but he is really freaken old.
    2. he has a beef with dragons.
    3. he is unique among vampires, even other fairly powerful vampires completly pale in comparison.
    4 he went after 3 woman we know of, lenya (direct decendant of the thex family.) tysrenna (which we now know was not only nobel but also a direct line down to the thex family) and xanne (which we know nothing)
    5. mayong is seemingly chaotic nuetral he doesent want to destroy norrath nor does he want to kill off any group of people (except arguablly dragons but that really cant be confirmed at all)
    what we think we know.
    1. mayong wasent always alone as the unique
    2. he comes from a place called mystmyr
    3. he became a god at some point in history weather he acually became the demigod of blood or a full god is unknown.
    what i think.
    i think all and all mayong suffers from lonelyness. that said he doesent want a bride for companionship, i think he want to recreate whatever race hes apart of it explains almost everything.
    1. he tried to ascend to godhood in hopes to create his own race realized he couldent and to be a god isnt that diffrent from an immortal vampire.
    2. he is somesort of ancent elf and as such the closest dna wise may be of the thex line he may only beable to breed with someone of that line or he may just find it more perfect to do so.
    3. he wont go after cristanthos thex, because although we dont know how or why she has been altered which is why if you talk to her she speaks in double speak one her one some sort of demonic voice.
    4. the dragons probobly killed someone mayong acually cared about maybe he was a pair of two and the killed his mate, or maybe he just doesent like dragons who knows.
    my only question is who and what was zane shes female was she human (would blow holes all through my theory) an elf of direct thex linieage. or maybe... although unlikly of the same race as mayong who died for whatever reason (maybe a dragon killed her har har.)
    also for anyone who did the signiture line in dov, kraytok has an item that can make someone immortal but you need to sacricice a very powerful being to it to get it to work, i think this is the same item tsyrenna used on herself
  10. ARCHIVED-Rainy Guest

Tserrina didn't use the Coelessence. she actually found some creature, stole it's essence and implanted it in herself. As to what we know on Mayong...yes he's old. somewhere around 10k. his beef with the dragons has never really been fully explained, same as his beef with the antonica bards. he just does not like those two groups.
    while mayong's experiements in some areas do hint like he's trying to create something more like himself, I don't think that's the reason for his involvement with Leyna or Tserrina. Lenya apparently has a strong resemblance to Xanne, and Tserrina I think, in some way might have been Mayong's first 'love' after losing Xanne for whatever reason. they seemed to have some genuine affection there...maybe not a lot, but some.
    Mayong prolly considered Tserrina with the same affection we might treat a family dog, I think.
  11. ARCHIVED-RoninSenshi Guest

Tserrina was a means onto an end for Mayong, and nothing more then that. I highly Doubt Mayong really "loves" any of the three, he's just using them for some reason.
  12. ARCHIVED-Meirril Guest

therodge wrote:
    There isn't anything chaotic about Mayong. He is a master plotter. He has involved himself in the Age's End prophacy as much as he can. He aquired and gave up several important artifacts in the prophacy to gain more knowledge about it. I believe his sole reason for becomming and giving up being a diety was to gain more knowledge of the prophacy and protect himself from the return of Theer.
    More than anything I think Mayong wants to prevent Dragons from ascending again. An age of dragons represents his power in decline. With the various races becomming more powerful and numerous his own agents and power base gains in strength. With the various races in decline as dragons once again take Norrath as their own...that could destroy everything Mayong has worked for.
    The natural way to look at things is that we adventurers are a theat to Mayong's organization and his very existance. However, with the Age's End prophacy Mayong is inclined to help us as long as he thinks it will benifit him. The fact he left the calendar with us proves that. The more intersting thing to consider is what will he do once we've outlived the prophacy?
    As for Mayong getting back together with T'serinna, I'm perty sure once he has written someone off in his book they would have to become something new to regain his interest. Has T'serinna become something different than what Mayong left in the first place? Even if she was, she still wouldn't be the ideal bride that he is searching for.
  13. ARCHIVED-therodge Guest

Meirril wrote:
    chaotic nuetral is a dnd term its the oppisite of lawful nuetral, mayong also doesent seem to care about power, if he chose too he could have easily taken over faydwer at almost any given time, hes shown that adventurers are at best a tool and at worst an annoyance. according to what lore we have we know he is virtually unkillable, and powerful enough that he could easily give demigods a run for their money, the ages end prophecy is a threat to him as well exsistance in genral is a good thing on anyones terms, but i cant imagine not haveing some deeper motive.
    you know what they say the three most powerful things in the world are money (immortal vampire no need for cash) power (which mayong doesent seem to want or care about) and love (of what who knows but we know hes been searching for a bride for centuries)
  14. ARCHIVED-Cusashorn Guest

^ He used to be a god and gave it up because he was bored. Being an immortal vampire was a better life choice, so you can tell he sure as hell doesn't care about power.
  15. ARCHIVED-therodge Guest

Cusashorn wrote:
    ti be fair to the argument we really dont know why he gave it up, and even though it is completly arguing against my own point it might have been because he fairs better against theer (which he may have seen as a major threat) as a immortal vampire then of a god
  16. ARCHIVED-Rainy Guest

Mayong does indeed care about power. in fact, power is one of his primary motivators. but he's also careful about the KIND of power he accumulates.
    Mayong knows that blatant shows of power make you a target in a big way. look at Venril/Rile/Ganak/Atrebe/Ring of Scale/Claws of Veeshaan/Kerafyrm....the list goes on.
    Mayong likes to be the power behind the throne, the one in the shadows that pulls the real strings. his physical/arcane power is already astounding, and his network of political power/spies. I would consider Mayong Lawful Evil. he does indeed, follow his own code of honor, his own strict rules. he's not chaotic by any means. everything he does is carefully planned.
    he's shown time and again that he can, and will, deal with people that 'wrong him' wether or not he agrees with thier goals or plans. that showing respect is something he will do for you if you do it for him. There's not a doubt in my mind his involvement in Age's End is going to be more beneficial to him then just survival. there's something he's looking to gain and he's working the chessboard in his favor at every chance.
    I wouldn't even be surprised if the fact Tserrina's curse could be broken was planned, so that at the proper time, she'd be free to come back into the fold, so to speak.
  17. ARCHIVED-BollyUK Guest

I feel sorry for the man, his world has been invaded by foreign invaders, first the dragons then the gods children. He's managed to hold out pretty well in that time and manipulate some of the most powerful beings on norrath and is still here today. I would consider him an evil force with good intentions that may have been twisted since the face of norrath has changed so much since he was normal (whatever that may have been)
  18. ARCHIVED-therodge Guest

Rainmare@Oasis wrote:
    i mean this in the most respectful way possible but where is your proof? what makes you think he wants power? you say hes shown time and again he will deal with people, but as far as i know the only person the he really tried to kill was the D'morte's im just curious weather or not your baseing your interpretation off personal beleifs or known facts.
  19. ARCHIVED-Cusashorn Guest

Not to take sides or to answer your question towards Rainmare for him, but take for example the Soulfire sword. At the end of the Destiny questline, Mayong tells you that he allowed Lucan to repossess the Soulfire, because Mayong said that he could easily take it back at any time if he wanted. If he wanted power, he could take back the sword at any time. He has power though, which means he could take the sword back at any time.
  20. ARCHIVED-RoninSenshi Guest

Well, I'm sure Mayong has the Ages End Calendar thing, so he probably let Lucan have the sword so the Void could get it so that Kerafyrm could get it and move the prophesy forward.

... Yeah