Tserrina Syltor? Why'd Mayong toot it and boot it?

Discussion in 'History and Lore' started by ARCHIVED-RoninSenshi, Apr 13, 2011.

1. ARCHIVED-Narbuvold Guest

Never played any of the other eq games and the timeline split is awlays confusing=(
  2. ARCHIVED-Cusashorn Guest

Yeah, all we know is he obtained godhood, spent the 500 years in the Plane of Hate, and gave it up because he was bored.
  3. ARCHIVED-RoninSenshi Guest

WAT.

So I got Tserrina's Journal today. As I read it I came upon some things that did not make sense, namely this entry
    [IMG]

This implies that Tserrina did not know that she had been stood up yet. HOWEVER, from Page 1 of this thread that I posted its very clear that she knew that he was bouncing on her.

[IMG]

Here is a picutre of the two of them talking, assuming this is from Tserrina's memories or a recall of the past or something. This is what I've taken how the break up happened, face to face at the Altar:
    [IMG]

Not the best picture, but that's clearly Mayong there. Note my target, and that's what mayong always has. There they are, and this is where the diaolauge comes from where Mayong straight up tells her that maybe its time to start thinking about seeing other people, not this "Oh, I gotta go check my mail in Neriak BRB." line that the journal tells us that Mayong gave her. BTW, notice that in this picture Tserrina is very pale and sickly looking, after drinking Mayong's blood. However, the Tserrina you fight looks like this:

[IMG]

A healthy dark blue. Maybe she's gotten over whatever made her sick, or it was a temporary thing, but she looks much better now. It could be that Mayong's blood was some kind of litmus test for the kind of thing he was looking to create out of Tserrina, and she failed hard.
  4. ARCHIVED-Cusashorn Guest

I see a difference in lighting between those two pictures.
  5. ARCHIVED-Rezikai Guest

Cusashorn wrote:
    aye, the 1st one is from the "brides scorn" 5th floor chapel area of the Tower where players on that part of the quest see them converse Tserrina not being true Teir'Dal and he leaves her.
    the 2nd is from the final room in the Tower where she flies around as an epic x2 mob and we fight her along side of the traitor vampire architecht that helps us fight against her until she uses her powers to turn him against us during the fight.
    Question..
    I was never well versed in the eq1 lore of TOFS, so i always assumed the Dracholiche tale to be true. Now it seems it isnt. If this is the case and the wedding there was to be of 2 of the underlings for Mayong and Tserrian who were the underlings to be married?
  6. ARCHIVED-SgtPmpkn Guest

We don't know the exact timeline of when Tserrina wrote in her diary, to when Mayong comes and lets who know his intentions of leaving her.
    For all purposes, he could have left for some business, she wrote in her diary that she's been waiting forever, then he returns to finish the job and let her know he wont be marrying her. Perhaps he needed some time to think, or research what had happened to her after drinking some of his blood.
  7. ARCHIVED-Gninja Guest

The entry in the journal took place before the scene in the Chapel.
  8. ARCHIVED-PokemonLuVer Guest

Throughout all of Eq1 and Eq2 thier is always a link to Mayong, and in many regards thier are more questions than answers. If Mayong is infact the last survivor of the Ydal which presumably was the first or one of the first sentient races on Norrath after the seeding by Veeshan, then he was presumably privy to the actual Age's End Prophesy when the Shissar made it. It seems that Tserrina's work with "souls" and power removal is playing a part in the prophesy. Aside from that perhaps Mayong had hoped through Tserrina's lineage thier may have been enough Ydal that he could creat another Vampire like himself? Presuming they intermixed with Innoruks Teir'dal. We know that D'morte bloodline was created through the use of the Ewer and that D'morte gave the ewer to the Godking, which brings us back too the Ages End Prophesy. Ie. Rohen Theer trapped in the void. But we still don't know how Mayong became a vampire. So thier are connections but with so many tattered pieces of lore shiffting about it is diffcult to see how they all inter relate. I just read the zam interview with Vhalen again, I wish I could get at those lore books he left.
  9. ARCHIVED-Darth Stomper Guest

I'm getting a strong suspicion we're facing that 'unreliable narrator' issue here as well. Do we know what Mayong's actual intent was? Maybe he strung her along for the purpose of his experiment--which backfired, resulting in excuses and a hasty retreat...in any event, Age's (Ages'?) End just acquired a new wild card. (Or did it...?)
    Oh, and I'm sending you my aspirin bills, Gninja, for adding another twist to my personal Mayong/Ydal/Ewer migraine (Now Mayont/Ydal/Ewer/Tserrina, or MYET from now on)...
  10. ARCHIVED-SgtPmpkn Guest

I agree, the more we know, the more questions arise. But I wish and humbly ask the Devs, for some of the past expansions, would it be possible to release some sort of lore or explanation to characters we meet/face?
    For example, Zarrakon. We can determine he is a mix between dragon and vampire, and is controlled by Mayong. How was he created? What purpose does he have? Why does Mayong have him, knowing his hate for the dragonkind?
    I have no issues with speculating and working through current content Lore, just wish after an amount of time, past Lore would be explained and finalized for us, so that very little questions remain.

Back on topic: Will there be any continuation of the story of Tserrina and Mayong in the coming GU? We know we will be pressing on with the story of Rallos Zek and his march towards Kerafyrm. If the rest of the story of Mayong/Tserrina is on hold, then it will satisfy us to focus on the current content and try to piece together more.
  11. ARCHIVED-Darth Stomper Guest

Agreed--Mayong has been quiet far too long. The advent of the Freeblood must have gotten his attention by now; add that to Tserrina, and I suspect his next move in the Ages End chess game may be close at hand...even if it's a forced one he didn't intend...
  12. ARCHIVED-PokemonLuVer Guest

Haveing just rereat "the Secret of the Stone" converstaion with Mayong, he mentions that he will meet us again beyond "the Mirror of Destiny". A possible ToFS connection?
  13. ARCHIVED-Darth Stomper Guest

Wait...dark elves, and transformations regarding odd wings...betrayals...vengeance...
    Cristanos, the Arasai, and Ulkorruuk...I wonder...
  14. ARCHIVED-BollyUK Guest

Just to chip in here since I saw someone said the tower was constructed to keep her imprisoned:
    -----------------
    Saemey Wirewhisker says ‘Welcome to Kejek friend. I am the seer of this village for I have been gifted by the spirits with an affinity for their realm. The barrier between the spirit and physical realms is thin in these lands. The heretics know this and must be prevented from committing [atrocities] similar to those that have been committed in the past.’
    Saemey Wirewhisker says ‘Long ago when our noble ancestors the Vah Shir were destroyed by an explosion that devastated the warring Heretic and Erudin armies an evil creature by the name of Tserrina Syl’Tor was attracted to the sudden abundance of new spirits in these lands. Tserrina was capable of capturing these spirits before they were able to cross over beyond the mortal realm and through her dark magic transformed them into a [crystalline shadow] substance.”);
    Saemey Wirewhisker says ‘The crystalline shadow substance was used as building blocks for Tserrina’s tower on an Island near the frozen lands to the south as well as fashioned into armor and weapons for her mindless servants. Emylie Steelclaws has developed a means to purify the armor and weapons using the special properties of our Kejek forge and a smithy hammer blessed by the Titan Spirits. The purifying process transfers the imprisoned spirits into [soul orbs]. Ask Emylie about the purification process.”);
    ------------------
    And confirmed again in the Dark Truth Vol VII Issue II
    Danak Dhorentath, the famed Iksar loyal to none other than Venril Sathir, has taken it upon himself to seek outside assistance in fending off the defenders of Balance and all that is holy, good, righteous, etcetera, etcetera, etcetera. Having still in his possession the Lifeguide, a powerful artifact rumored to have been given to Firiona Vie by Tunare herself, this Iksar fanatic and one of his henchmen lackeys, a Teir’Dal wizard named Vahlai Ka Izal, have apparently employed the aid of Tserrina Syl Tor. A most mysterious and quite ancient being who inhabits the Tower of Frozen Shadow, Tserrina is known to hold quite a collection of souls — namely those pitiable unfortunates who fell when the Erudin loyals so ingeniously created what is now known as The Hole.
    ------------------------
    Also her pool of blood in the tower was used during the broken skull events (Fortifying Innouruk's Realm V)
    Tserrina Syl’Tor granted them the usage of a blood pool in her Tower of Frozen Shadow for the ritual but did not guarantee their safe passage
  15. ARCHIVED-Rainy Guest

if this is canon...since it's from eq1 at some point it seems...maybe the essence she tried was one of those mentioned 'titan spirits'?
  16. ARCHIVED-BollyUK Guest

the spirits she harvested were the dead erudites due to the war, rather than the titan spirits, which i'm assuming are the spirit gods the worship (i believe)
  17. ARCHIVED-Rainy Guest

yes, that's for the Tower and the armor...but I'm wondering about the essence she used to attempt immortality that fubared Mayong's attempt to 'turn' her.
    ghosts can be destroyed. they can be torn asunder and such. so I doubt she used that as her experiment. but the 'titan' sporot sounds like something that might.
  18. ARCHIVED-BollyUK Guest

Hmm well we know from Miragul's torn parchments that she definately experimented on scarecrows

"..I have seen on all of Norrath. She was completely under the thrall of Mayong. But, I found her research on confining a soul within a golem of straw intriguing."
    Also, she has wings so that leads me to think flying creature of sorts, aviak, drake, maybe the soul of the dragon she created the dracholiche from? That certainly would upset Mayong
  19. ARCHIVED-Olae Guest

There was no dracolich, that was fan fic.
  20. ARCHIVED-Rainy Guest

It'd be nice if there was, cause if that was the thing she tried...and if she in essence became a 'living phylactery' for it, that mighta been something to consider as her 'quirk' that fubared the turning process.