Not A Bug Tradeskill Quest not giving xp! Level 100!

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Cariad, Nov 2, 2023.

1. Cariad New Member

Category: Content
    SubCategory: Quest Related
    Severity: Affects gameplay
    Frequency: Happened Once

Zone: Coliseum of Valor
    Character: Level 48 Inquisitor

Summary: Quest not given ANY Tradeskill XP so still locked at level 100 and can't progress further!!
    Description: Hi, I have just done part 1 of the quest a stich in time. My char is level 100, when i have done this quest previously it always gives my chars at least 2/3 level when updating the step in the factory by the bot! and then again when finishing the instance and reporting back to Druzzil Ro! I have not received ANY xp doing this quest, has this changed or is it bugged? I have updated each step and have been sent on to the next quest giver and should now speak to Varig Ro. I though this quest line should level your char tradeskill pass the level 100 mark!! :( Be grateful for your help! Thank you :)
    Twyla and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  2. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

The XP given for the PoP TS sig line was adjusted in the last Game Update. Instead of being able to go beyond level 120 with veteran bonuses and vitality management, now you should end up right at about 117 itself if you manage your vitality properly. You'll still gain enough XP to reach level 110 to move onto Blood of Luclin afterward.
    Cariad, Twyla and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  3. Evilary Well-Known Member

Is it possible to turn your tradeskill exp off? I just completed the series the other day and It was still giving about 2 levels for completing the first quest.
    Cariad and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  4. Evilary Well-Known Member

Did you even read the post? The person is asking for help because the quest didn't give them even one level. They are stuck at 100, I don't see how your post was anything to do with their issue.
    Cariad likes this.
  5. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

Because the post doesn't mention such information, i am assuming that they simply didn't gain enough XP from one quest alone to get that first level, and must continue forward.
  6. Evilary Well-Known Member

"My char is level 100, when i have done this quest previously it always gives my chars at least 2/3 level when updating the step in the factory by the bot! and then again when finishing the instance and reporting back to Druzzil Ro! I have not received ANY xp doing this quest"

Looks like it clearly says not getting any exp. Don't know how that could be clarified any better.
    Cariad likes this.
  7. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Using the same AA/XP ratio slider as for adventuring? Good question; not sure. :-/

Uwk
    who rather hopes not, actually; the issue may just be a relative thing compared to how it used to work... :-/
  8. Evilary Well-Known Member

I thought there used to be a way to turn off your adventure exp completely. I know you can move the AA slider, right click on the exp bar and turn off bonus and such. I wonder if there is something you can do to turn off your exp completely. I don't remember and I'm not sure if it would effect tradeskill exp for it if so.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  9. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Yeah, maybe not...the AA slider is the only one I know of, barring the various times/places in-game where it gets locked up and you have to do something to unlock it. :-/

Uwk
    Cariad likes this.
  10. Denmum Developer

Do you have more than one account? Are the ones that leveled on one account and the one that didn't on another?

I am trying to figure out why you might be restricted from leveling and grasping at straws, as the Stitch in Time line is still definitely granting xp. :(
    Breanna, Forestchild, Cariad and 2 others like this.
  11. Evilary Well-Known Member

Yeah, that's why I was asking about if it was possible to turn off exp for tradeskills. I completed it 2 times the past week. It seemed to be working fine. Tuesday was just a server restart and didn't patch correct? If so, nothing should have changed.
    Cariad and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  12. Twyla Well-Known Member

Yes, there is a way. Right click on your exp bar and there will be a menu to disable combat and quest xp. There isn't one on the list for tradeskill xp but the quest reward will also disable exp for completing TS quests.
  13. Cariad New Member

Thank you all for your replies. I have been playing since 2005 and as far as I am aware there is no facility for turning off tradeskill xp. I have one of each crafter on 3 servers all at level 125, all had to start the 'Stich in time' quests to go beyond level 100 in order to progress to other newer expansion tradeskill lines. The stich in time quest has always given 2/3 levels when update the bot with his parts you have just made for him. Once you have completed the quest and speak to Druzzil Ro, then this always gives you the levels and you normally get more levels and in some cases taking you over to 113 approx, less if you have no vitality or bonuses. I have 200 percent tradeskill vet bonus, I had an xp potion running and had vitality. I did not receive any tradeskill xp what so ever. I do have my AA slider on so the I don't get the adventure xp only AA, this hasn't stopped me getting any tradeskill xp to get to tradeskill level 100 in the last day or two, so I don't beleive it is that. On some of my other tradeskill alts I had no vitality, nopotions running and less tradeskill vet xp and I still gained xp in order for me to go on to the next part of the quest line. My quests has updated to the point I now need to speak to varig ro, but I don't want to chance doing that part if I am not going to get xp! If I haven't got to level 110 by completing the first part, I am always there by completing the 2nd part. This questline is a right pain in the neck at the best of times! But it is a necessary evil!
  14. Cariad New Member

I only have one account. The quest have always updated and given tradeskill xp on all my other crafters. The quest is updating but hasn't given me any tradeskill xp. :)"
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  15. Cariad New Member

I have checked this, all are enabled. :)"
    Twyla and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  16. Cariad New Member

UPDATE!! After speaking to Druzzil Ro again and still not receiving any tradeskill xp, I did speak to Varig Ro, who actually did level me up two levels and gave me the Lightning Strikes, which I have now completed and now levelled to 105, so at least the xp gain is leveling me again and I can continue on to the next quest, so at least that's something! Thanks all, once again for your help and support! :)"
  17. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Congrats! :)

May you get to 110 after completing the questline! :)

Uwk
    Twyla and Cariad like this.
  18. Denmum Developer

Ah, that tradeskill line had the experience reduced earlier this year at the same time the aggro was removed from the instanced mobs. The line will get you to at least 110 by the time you are done, but will no longer rocket you past multiple expansions of levels and content. I was worried because you said you weren't getting xp, where the issue was you were getting less xp than you expected.
    Juraiya, Breanna, Twyla and 2 others like this.
  19. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

And thank you all for removing the aggro; that was one of the "horror story" issues I was reluctant about. ;->

Now I'll definitely try this out for real! :)

Uwk
    Cariad likes this.
  20. Cariad New Member

Me too, I didn't get any through out the part 1 gears in the machines, nor from DR! I didn't go on to speak to Varig Ro, as I didn't know if the quest was bugged or not and didn't want to risk not getting any xp, but I did take the plunge just to see. I did also go back into the instance to see if I could re-do the steps again, but that had re-set and I didn't want to go through the whole thing again and not get xp. I didn't know that this had been reduced, so thanks for the info! **Note to self!** I do not need any more crafters... I DO NOT NEED........
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Twyla like this.