Tradeskill Instance quests

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by Goldra, Jul 27, 2013.

1. Goldra Active Member

I tried to do the Supply Restocking in Firemyst Gully and the ledger was not working at all. It had 3 items done times 4 when I had not made those at all. Then it did not keep track of what I had made, and kept losing count when I had done all 12. So I quit doing that now I'm at Shipyard Services and same thing in happening. The ledger shows 3 by all but 4 items listed and does not show the 3 I did make after the quest was handed in. So these quests must be bugged? Or is there something else I need to know?
  2. Goldra Active Member

Just tried to go to Moors of Ykesha and went to the Overlook to fly to the Palace of the ancient one to do another crafting quest. Well that option to go to the Palace is not there at Urdu the balloon guy. So none of these are working for me
  3. Ahupu Well-Known Member

Simple question first have you done them before? If so send in a bug report or petition. If this is your first time it may just be a misunderstanding on your part, lord knows my first time doing the quest I did not get it right.
  4. Dulcenia Well-Known Member

Today's crafting instance is Clockwork Rescue. I picked it up with a character that has never done a crafting instance before, and respec'd to Mass Production.

First I got the mini-quest within the instance and made 3 gear levers. The log showed 3 needed before I handed in, and 0 after. So far so good.

Then I took the mini-quest again and proceeded to make 10 more gear levers and 15 of everything else, handed in the quest and sat back to watch the fun. When the gnomes finished building their Clockwork Champion, I got the quest completion for Clockwork Rescue. Quest seems to be working normally.

To get the chest reward you have to wait for the champion to kill the haywire mechanoliberator. Once it's dead the chest will spawn.
  5. Goldra Active Member

I have some questions because I really want to do these crafting instances well for the faction gains. Also I am assuming I can solo these missions. The numbers that are showing is what is needed to be made? You get the quest, make any 3 items from the list and turn it in, and the ledger shows 3 made instead of 0. Is this wrong? I was thinking the numbers in the ledger meant that 3 has already been made. Ok that is one thing I did wrong. The Firemyst Gully instance ledger did show 3 by around 4 of the 9 items needed. Is this right? Or am I supposed to make 3 of all 9 items instead of what the 3 is by? I also tried The Shipyard Cove as well and had similar issues. I also tried making all 12 at once of one item which also did not work.

Also - how do I get to Palace of the ancient One? The website which offered Tradeskill Mission Info says I was going to be able to catch a port to the Palace of the ancient One by going to speak with balloon NPC Urdu at Moors of Ykesha. When I went there was no option to go to the Palace. Is there another way to get there? Also I'll say I have done the quest Ship Out if this is pertinent.

Now where do you go to see it is the crafting instance of the day? And how do you respec to mass production? Is this necessary to do the mission tradeskill instances? Thank you ahead of time.
  6. Dulcenia Well-Known Member

First, before going to the crafting instance, you must go to the Isle of Mara and get the quest to do the instance from the NPC called Madria Varas. If Madria Varas does not offer you a quest for the instances, then you probably do need to complete Ship Out to open them up.

I have never tried to enter an instance without already having the quest for it, and so was not aware that was even possible. I suspect Urdu won't offer a port to the Palace of the Ancient unless you have the quest for that crafting instance. Completing that quest from Isle of Mara is what counts towards the achievement, and there is only one quest offered per day.

Since the instances were initially designed to be done with a full group of crafters, the way the quest works is very different from other crafting quests. The ledger that shows you the number of things needed is mainly there so you can look and see what hasn't been made yet by the others in your group. So when doing the quest solo you really don't even need to look at it.

When you take the mini-quest in the instance it will say you need to craft 3 items. This is deceptive because you can, if you want, craft ALL of the items and hand them in all at once. I'm not sure why the quest is set up in 4 stages of craft 3 of all 9 items per stage, but it is. The way the ledger displays things is, if you craft 12 of one item, then hand it in, you will see -9 displayed for that item. The 3 needed for that stage plus 9 extra for the next 3 stages.

Hope this helps clarify things a bit.
  7. Goldra Active Member

It does clarify things a lot! However, I will just have to try it again so I can see what that ledger shows you versus what you have made. I have never gotten to stage II for any of the 3 I tried. So we'll see. Seems easy enough when I read your notes. I made 3 items, then turned it in. Made 3 more and 3 more (both of different items) which didn't seem to get anywhere.

If there is a 3 only by four different items of 9 listed does that mean I only have to make 3 of those four? I would assume that is true so I'll go try it again.

Also - if I make 3 of one item, then turn around and make the other 3 items times 3 then turn in the quest that is now complete for phase 1 correct? Then all I would have to do is turn in the next three items because I did them.
  8. Dulcenia Well-Known Member

To advance from Stage 1 to Stage 2 you have to hand in at least 3 of each of the 9 items. As each stage is completed the crafters you're helping will do something to advance the project. Often it's something you can see, like the ship's hull being built or a buzz saw being added to the clockwork champion. I'm not certain you will see that, or if anything will advance, if you do not have the main quest....that is something I have not tested yet.

If you do have the main quest for the instance, you have to make a total of 9 different items, quantity 12 each, to complete the instance. That's why the mass production ability is SO useful for these instances that I now don't even do them until I have it.

3 x 4 x 9 = 108 items needed to finish. With Mass Production 9 of the x15 combine will complete it.

Edit: The mini-quest giver does not care what order things are made in. All he cares about is getting 12 of each.
  9. Dulcenia Well-Known Member

Heh...I'm trying to test this out, so I took a Portal to Fer'zul from a house on the leaderboard. The only Palace of the Ancient available zoned me into an epic x 4 raid zone. Hrm....nope. I'll try something more mundane now.
  10. Goldra Active Member

Yes - I also think this is bugged for the Palace. However, I have not got back to finish the rest of the other trial quests to finish getting access to that one tower. Maybe that will get me the access don't know about that for sure though.
  11. Dulcenia Well-Known Member

The palace has always worked fine for me when I had the quest for it.

Took the same char to Shipyard Cove...no option to zone in at all. So I logged on one that had not done today's instance...Palace...same thing. Firemyst, option to choose Supply Shortage, but would not zone me in upon selecting it, Shipyard Cove...no option again.

I do not have a crafter over 50 that has NOT done Ship Out, so I can't test if you can zone into these zones without having the main quest under those circumstances. I do not appear to be able to get into them with my toons who have completed Ship Out.

This may be something that should be /bug reported.

Edit: Access to what tower? You mean in Isle of Mara? The tower is adv quest, not crafter.
    Edit2: To clarify, my level 30ish mystic has completed all crafting instances....there is no way she could do the quests to gain tower access. Crafting and Adventure are totally separate in EQ2, barring the fact that some apprentices only drop in adventure or raid zones, that is. At least they're tradeable.
  12. Goldra Active Member

Yes it is the Isle of Mara tower. I did report a bug but at the time I was not sure it is a bug, nor have I heard anything. I thought the ledger was not counting my crafting correctly which I will have to see about in a little bit when I go do todays which is Steamfont.

When you accept the quest, assuming you're in a group of 5 people so everybody produces enough to get all items crafted (9 on the list) for next phase to begin. So that means me solo would craft 3 of everything then turn in quest? IS this right? Because I was turning in the quest with only 3.
  13. Dulcenia Well-Known Member

I've never done the tower quests with any of my toons so I really cannot comment.

Those are adventure quests, and have nothing to do with the crafting quests.

Edit: Do the Ship Out quest (crafter) and see if then you can get the daily instance quest?
  14. Dulcenia Well-Known Member

You, solo, do indeed to craft all 108 items all by yourself.

The quest completes only according to the # of items handed in...you can start it with a group but if they all leave and don't hand in any crafted items the counter will not be affected.

Edit2: You can even go in and not craft a thing if your group carries you...you'll still get the reward. But you still need to have that quest from Mara to get credit for the achievement.
  15. Dulcenia Well-Known Member

I presume you're working towards the achievment that gives you the house plushie that is a port to isle of mara?
  16. Goldra Active Member

well I was trying to get faction level high enough to buy the 3 piece crafting set to make the missions go faster. But I found some on broker that have the same name. So someone either sold their set they bought (entirely possible) or had older recipes to make them - ring and 2 other pieces.

I just finished Stage 1 of the Clockwork Rescue! Woohoo! now I see how it works and many thanks for the multitude of answers.

I love some of the house items in here - I just got a plushie not too long ago that is a floating bug with 6 arms and 1 eye. cute! Really I never did get into house items/decorating on any other MMO I've played. Now that I hear SOE is doing EQ2 next, I wonder if I should wait until the new game to buy a real house instead of rent?
  17. Dulcenia Well-Known Member

There are some pieces that are tradeable and others that are heirloom.

Keep us posted on how the quest goes without actually having the quest.

And Gratz, btw!!
  18. Goldra Active Member

I did have the quest - got the quest today in Mara - Clockwork and just finished. Whew that takes hours and hours. Did finally get to finish and now I know how people can buy those 3 items on the AH. Because they have a chance of dropping in the Clockwork after the haywire boss has been killed, he drops 3-4 items in a chest and I got the necklace which I'm going to post on the broker as soon as I get there! So I should look up more on how to respec for the mass production.
  19. Oldtimer Active Member

do the chests from these give the latest rares like black star sapphire etc please?
  20. Dulcenia Well-Known Member

Gratz!!

PS - Mass Production really does take the pain out of those instances!