Fixed Internally Tradeskill Apprentice daily tool quest stuck

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by ramblinrod, Feb 5, 2020.

1. ramblinrod Member

There are 5 different things you can craft for your apprentice each day, for a "worn equipment replacement" quest. For at least the last several months*, until Tuesday's patch, this thing has reliably changed in rotation to the next thing, now it's stuck on the basket. Is this intended? There's nothing in the patch notes about it.

* And for the first half or so of last decade, before I took a break
  2. Marae Well-Known Member

I wondered about that. For years, up until today, it has always been the same progression: apron, mallet, toolbelt, basket, knife. Yesterday was the knife; today should have been the apron, but it had me making the basket instead. I just thought my memory had slipped until I saw this post.

Now, it's only been one day, so I can't say for certain that it's stuck on the basket rather than that it skipped the apron. Tomorrow will tell, I guess.

The more troubling question is, why did this change? They're not even updating the apprentices anymore.
  3. ramblinrod Member

Did you do the quest yesteday, Marae? For me, verified by logs, on all my toons across 3 accounts, it was basket yesterday (patch day) instead of knife, and basket again today instead of apron.
  4. Rosyposy Well-Known Member

The daily quests from Skrit in Tranquil Sea are also stuck. I got Thursday's quest yesterday and again today.
    Marae, Quillyne and Breanna like this.
  5. Marae Well-Known Member

Ramblinrod, I did the quest on all of mine yesterday, but first thing in the morning, before the patch. It was definitely knife before the patch - I checked my logs, too.

If Skrit's also off-schedule, I wonder if all the dailies are stuck that way? Has anyone checked the ones in Obol Plains?
  6. Rosyposy Well-Known Member

The Mara tradeskill quests upstairs that are supposed to cycle every hour are stuck, also, and preventing me from finishing a quest.
    Marae and Breanna like this.
  7. ramblinrod Member

Marae, yes that makes sense, I did mine after the patch. Interesting that it locked the quest to the previous day's, rather than the same day. Probably irrelevant.
    Marae likes this.
  8. Marae Well-Known Member

9. Marae Well-Known Member

We're unstuck! Yay! As I understand it, it's a temporary fix until the permanent fix comes out on Tuesday, but it's a fix! I made toolbelts today! Yay! Heartfelt thanks to the devs responsible!
  10. Liandra New Member

For me it is stuck on toolbelts. The never seem to want anything else.
    Rosyposy likes this.
  11. Marae Well-Known Member

Yes, yesterday it was toolbelts again - but based on where it stuck originally, that was where it should have been if it had gone through the normal rotation. So I held off on complaining or cheering until the true test: Would it move on from there? Yes, indeed, it did! Today we had baskets! Huzzah!
    Breanna likes this.
  12. Alenna Well-Known Member

All I'm getting is the Apron and the tool belt no dagger, no basket and no mallet. no matter which toon I do it on it alternates between teh apron and the tool belt come on give me the others.
    Breanna likes this.
  13. Ratalthor Developer

Is this issue still happening for anybody?