Top scout dps post gu66?

Discussion in 'Scouts' started by Jayse, Apr 12, 2013.

1. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

Swash HP Debuff is more, and easier to maintain. 1.5% more to be exact. Pair that with a semi decent swash on AE content and I think you'd be seeing it in this order. Depends on how big nerf Pet Procs are to BL in comparison to shared pet stats. Pretty sure Swash group dps would outparse bl group dps too, but that'd mean reading ACT properly again!
    Single target fights BL probably has edge of Swash. But end of the day, Player > Class.
  2. Davngr Well-Known Member

this is wrong.

even by your dumb hp debuff standards of retardation brig is over assassin because they can have 10% up at any given time along with countless defensive debuffs and amazing single target buff for one scout.

please stop posting, you clearly don't have a clue.

also.. please betray to ranger now, it's painful to see assassin under your class.
  3. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

Don't be mad I'm a better assassin after maining it for only 2 months ;)
    Never seen you post a parse ever, or even attach your signature ever. Must be pretty ashamed.

Back on topic:
    Check how much damage Poisons does for your group, its massive. That + the overall damage from Assassin over Brig is why I ranked Assassin > Brig.sure
    Sure 9.5% HP debuffs on a named is massive, but then so is the Assassin 6% constant + Whatever benefits you gain from another 2% Stealth Assault.
    Original posted asked about dps, and overall, Assassin will bring more dps to the raid than a brig in pure numbers. Both have their uses, and both will always have a raid spot.
    Neiloch likes this.
  4. Buffrat Well-Known Member

Fixed that for you.
  5. Primaeval Active Member

I can't see those on ACT, so they do not count.
  6. Meirril Well-Known Member

BL dps is very dependent on the target. If the mob AoEs hard enough to kill your pet every 60 seconds you'll spend half the fight waiting to recast your pet and your dps will suck. If your up against a training dummy you'll be pulling top assuming your gear is equal to everybody else in the raid.

So honestly you would be better off trying to see what the raid mobs are going to be like so you can answer this question yourself. With the right change it could be Warlocks and Wizards topping every parce.
  7. Regolas Well-Known Member

WTF Davngr,

The fact that Errrorr had to betray to an assassin for the good of his guild just proves, as if there was any doubt, that assassins are the most valuable scout to a raid force. And anyway this thread was about dps not what else they bring.

I also can't believe someone referred to BLs as having the same lack of utility as rangers. Unbelievable.
  8. Wanyen Active Member

Yes, this is all fine and good, but what about projected scout heal parse ranking? :rolleyes:
  9. Twyxx Well-Known Member

Obv assassins should top that too and need 1 min reuse timers for mortal blade/assassinate to make that happen.
    Seiffil, Neiloch and Wanyen like this.
  10. Draylore Well-Known Member

Yeah, I know several Rangers that I bet $$ would have rather stayed as rangers that betrayed for the good of their guild.
  11. Eileithia Active Member

Davngr must get owned hard by his guild's BL.. or his guild's BL is the best damn BL in the game. A good assassin can out-parse a good BL 9 times out of 10 in the same gear.. true story...

Now, once the warder hit-rate increase goes in, and if they fix the hit rate on BL Primals it would be very close, but BL still can't compete with the HP debuff assassins bring to the table. The pretty numbers in ACT means **** when you take that into account, and you'll never get that through his head.
  12. Meirril Well-Known Member

I keep hearing people bringing up the HP debuffs. While they do make the fight shorter...just how many debuffers do you want on a raid? If the debuff was such a critical part of the raid then shouldn't most of the available slots be filled with brigands since they have the biggest HP debuffs? Or really, do you only need a few classes with good debuffs and the rest of the slots get filled with the best DPS your raid can manage to scrape up? One brigand is great, two is streaching it a bit. Three? Overkill.

How about you stop parroting someone else that figured out how good these debuffs are and actually do some thinking about how it actually works? Or is that not leet enough for you?
  13. Quabi Active Member

The same max health debuffs don't stack, so you only want one Brigand (unless maybe you've got two different targets that you want to maintain debuffs on).
  14. Eileithia Active Member

You're missing the point entirely. Looking at the DPS# in a vacuum without considering the HP debuffs as part of what is contributed is stupid (As are all of the other buffs/debuffs/utility that can be contributed). Obviously you're not going to bring 12 brigands on a raid.. You want to round out your raidforce with the best PLAYERS you have with a good mix of classes.. but if you had to choose between two equally geared and equally capable players and class is the only option left for that last DPS spot for you to succeed, I'd take an Assassin/Brigand over a BL any day of the week unless I already had those classes represented.
  15. Meirril Well-Known Member

Now assume you have all 7 scouts on the raid already. You've got room for one more scout. You've got an alt-a-holic that has one of every scout in the game and he has them about equally geared and he understands all of them. Which class are you going to ask for? For bonus points, explain why.

The people looking in a vacuum are the ones saying debuffs > DPS. Sure, the debuffs make a huge difference but when your building a raid force debuffs mean you open one slot for that class as mandatory. All of the other slots get filled with DPS because you need as much raw damage as possible to finish the fight. When people ask "What is the best DPS" they are aiming for an open spot on a raid force, not a fixed slot that one person gets to fill as a mandatory class.
  16. Buffrat Well-Known Member

If I had all 5 dps scouts in a raid (assuming you meant 5 not 7, since bards are bards) I would kick the BL and get a mage group or a second healer for whatever group had the bl, then tell the alt-a-holic to play a bard or go find a new guild.
    Eileithia likes this.
  17. Avianna Well-Known Member

I raid a swash myself and normally I am top 3 in the parse, trumped by ranger and assassin. BL is up there too but usually under me, and we are about equally geared. How that will change after the GU ??? Dunno, but I think I will still be in the top three. I am looking forward to finding out.
  18. Eileithia Active Member

In that scenario, it depends entirely on what raid you're primarily hitting. Assuming they're all equally well geared and well played and looking for Pure DPS.

A lot of ranged only fights = Ranger
    A lot of AE Fights/Trash = Swash/Beastlord
    A lot of Jousting = Assassin/Ranger
    Tank and spank with no AEs or Jousting = Assassin/Beastlord

All of those classes can fill a primary DPS slot and all things being equal it's down to what you're hitting. Each class has advantages over the others.
  19. Eileithia Active Member

Or that
  20. Regolas Well-Known Member

Rangers are fun to play!

I don't know any rangers that don't enjoy playing their class. Just because the playstyle of a ranger is good doesn't make us more valuable.

I would never betray, but I can't raid so it doesn't matter. And many I'm sure wouldn't betray regardless of guild needs because enjoying playing your class is important if you're going to keep playing.