Top scout dps post gu66?

Discussion in 'Scouts' started by Jayse, Apr 12, 2013.

1. Jayse New Member

Anyone think beast lords will stop being top dps or any other changes as far as best or worst scouts
  2. Iren Active Member

Not if their a class you have to buy
    They have to be appealing somehow
  3. Gilasil Active Member

From some of the posts I saw on the beta boards it won't be beastlord. I'd guess assassin.

Which just goes to show that you reaclly can get someone else nerfed if you whine enough.

Maybe I should try that for someone I don't like.
  4. Ucala Well-Known Member

I would say ranger, but /shrugs
  5. Mohee Active Member

I'm always joking out with my SK friend saying I /feedback /bug and /petition everyday to get a max target limit of 8 put on Chaos Cloud :p of course I'm always just joking, but he gets so mad and threatens to quit if that happens its hilarious! :D
  6. Davngr Well-Known Member

this is hopefully how it turns out:

bl's on aoe
    assassins on single target
    rangers on anything that requires scripted movement or jousting.
  7. Nailoo Member

Swashies should be top on aoe fights.

BLs get their cute menagerie plus some nice buffs. You have to spread the love around a little.
    Kuulei and Ruckus like this.
  8. Davngr Well-Known Member

they need to make swash offensive debuffs as effective as brigs defensive debuffs.
    Ruckus likes this.
  9. Twyxx Well-Known Member

that's mostly just a content issue. mobs aren't tough enough to need swashes.
  10. Draylore Well-Known Member

Pretty sure there we not be any changes in how the Scout DPS line up compared to live. BL should still be at the top...its currently still SOEs favorite child. Only 'buff' assassins get DPS related is base reuse reduction on Assassinate which really will not change much parse wise. Rangers thou should be moving up quite abit with their changes. Also, the most recent changes to Brigand with how Double Up works should give them a nice boost. But all in all.......order wise everything will remain the same from what ive seen.......BL...followed by everyone else a little more closer to each other.
  11. Svenone Well-Known Member

"they need to make swash offensive debuffs as effective as brigs defensive debuffs."

Swashys can get equal debuffs when brigs get equal dps.
  12. Liav Well-Known Member

1) Assassin/Ranger
    2) Brigand
    3) Beastlord
    4) Swash
    Eileithia likes this.
  13. Zivgar New Member

A scout with a hate xfer would never out dps a scout without one when all they bring is dps.

A ranger and beastlord should be top dps since they have every little utility.

So for single target it it is simple it should be
    1) Beastlord/Ranger
    2) Assassin
    3) Brig
    4) Swash

AE fights
    1) Swash
    2) Beastlord/Ranger
    3) Assassin
    4) Brig
  14. Eileithia Active Member

I think you're confusing how it "should" work with likely how it will work after patch.

IMO as it sits, Assassins will still be top single target DPS class when you can melee as they should be. I think Ranger will be much closer to that spot after patch.. BL will be #3 followed very closely by Brig/Swash (Brig may actually end up slightly ahead of BL)

Ranged fights obviously go to Rangers. AE fights to Swash. and Templars will still out-parse BL when the warder dies and on brawler mobs. (Hopefully the Warder melee skill increase is enough to change that)
  15. Cynicisim Active Member

Not a single mention of troub or dirge? But I hear people crying about how OP they are:)
  16. Davngr Well-Known Member

wow.. there must be a lot of bad beastlords in this game.

beastlord will be top ae scout and top single target scout still.

assassin and ranger will follow just like they do now.

then swash but brig might take it on single targets now.. can't really know since i haven't really had a chance to brig it up on beta.

ps. yes the proc nerf hurt but it's not going to be enough to topple the parse one way or the other.
  17. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

For those who only consider what ACT tells them at first glance:
    BL
    Assassin
    Ranger
    Swash
    Brig

For those who consider what ACT tells them as well as maintained HP debuffs:
    Assassin
    Brig
    Ranger
    Swash
    BL
    Slant, Seiffil and Neiloch like this.
  18. Primaeval Active Member

I'd quibble a bit about the placement of the swash, but overall, this guy gets it.
  19. Twyxx Well-Known Member

Obviously content can drive re-ordering a bit, but yeah, that would be my guess if content is more of the same.
  20. Quabi Active Member

Why Swash over BL? BL has an HP debuff, right? And Swash only has CoE, which Brigands also have access to?