Today's Feedback from "News"

Discussion in 'General Feedback' started by Notnasty, Mar 31, 2023.

1. Smashey Well-Known Member

We as players just cannot suggest changes to classes without knowing their plans for stats in the future or if auto attack is making a comeback or will be removed even more than currently. It would be unreasonable for anyone to suggest real changes other than "this class needs a 5% increase"

The developer team need to display full transparancy before this idea can make any real difference.
    Twyla, Bhayar and Geroblue like this.
  2. Quiarrah Well-Known Member

What would be really nice is if the people who want to make these changes ACTUALLY PLAYED the game so they knew exactly where fixes needed to be made.
    I suppose I could be called a casual player even though I have a couple maxxed out characters. They are not maxxed out to the point that I can solo them in the newest zones.I will admit that even though I am a veteran player (been playing since EQ1) I have never delved into the inner workings of my toon. I am much weaker than any other of my class. . . (doesnt matter what class. . . I have a good sampling of them in my lists). I'm not out to to get the latest and greatest gear, or the most DKP (umm Dragon Kill Points I think came out in EQ1 and I just threw my hands up at that and said I give up). I am perfectly happy sitting in my house (or someone elses) and decorating. . . because at the end of the day (when EQ2 first started) I choose TRADESKILLER as my main focus . . not adventurer.. It would be nice if they reimplemented the differences between the 2 which I believe was fully intended in the beginning. . . otherwise, why give the choice?? I think the lines of Adventurer and Tradeskiller got blurred somewhere along the way when they started having tradeskillers go out to heavily populated areas to gather stuff for sig lines where you have reds ^^^ that will kill you in one or 2 shots. (I repeat. . . I am weaker than most.)
    Run these areas with a "watered down squishy" like me. . . . then tell me "OH It can be done". . . yeah right! Give me a break. . . . anyway . . . I know it will never happen. . . but it would be nice. . . . just PLEASE. . . dont follow in WoW's footsteps! I left WoW because of what they did. . . . . although my HOME has always been Norrath. . and it always will be.
    Hellfiren, Geroblue and Raeven like this.
  3. Bhayar Well-Known Member

I absolutely get what you're saying. I loved playing my dirge (I still do). I'm less about DPS as a dirge than I am with all the things a dirge can contribute. That said, I don't want to take an hour running a solo either. You are correct--a lot has to do with gearing, skill, level of spells/CAs. etc. Some stuff could stand to be updated. Biggest problem I see on a daily basis is how little some players know about their class. They just roll something up that's needed, press buttons and they're gtg. There is a lot to catch up on if they've been out of game a few years.
    Twyla and Geroblue like this.
  4. Jrox Well-Known Member

I would say you are a dying breed. I commend you on your ability to find the dirge fun to play. If you enjoy just buffing and not really contributing otherwise then that's awesome, for you. I just think more people would play a much needed class more if they contributed to more than other peoples stats. I'm not saying they need to be doing T1 DPS or even T2, but they should not be parsing less than healers. And currently a well played Inqy or Channeler will out parse a well played Dirge and you can add the Illy and Troub to that same statement.

As I said in my post, only the die-hards remain and I would put you in that category. If there are others it is to be there for there friends and support them in spite of...
  5. Bhayar Well-Known Member

I will say that given current game mechanics, a dirge (and don't get me started on tanks), can rank way up there on the parse for healing if they're specced in noxious effusion. Same can be said for troubs in their specialty. So it's not just buffing. But I totally agree with what you're saying. You want to be able to contribute at other levels than feel like a "heartbound" buff bot sitting in the GH, haha.
  6. Hellfiren Well-Known Member

only one thing to say BARDS DPS need to be increased and or the AOE Attack need to be set in function again, otherwise most bards will rest in peace for being a bufbot only.