Today is the day!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Angeliana, Feb 28, 2024.

1. DENSER Well-Known Member

If it covers the flight, Paris Sandiego, I pay, plus you will be abundantly covered with dishes such as Camembert, rillettes, a little Saint-Emilion, and even snails with butter and garlic for the more adventurous!!
    Joke... ;)
  2. Solid11 Active Member

So the "real" fans have money. Gotcha.
    Smashey likes this.
  3. Angeliana Senior Community Manager

Added into the article.
    Spoiler Alert! You get the digital items for BOTH games, so be sure to check out EverQuest's digi-loot HERE!
    Sweety D and Siren like this.
  4. Sweety D Well-Known Member

Actually, that helps a little bit. I didn't know this. Thanks.
    Angeliana likes this.
  5. FalconClash Well-Known Member

Im a free player for a reason, I Don't Have Money! And in today's economy 1,500 might as well be 15,000!
    Plus, I dont even play EverQust 1.
    Cyna likes this.
  6. Sheyn Member

Extra Life donations pulled in 174,000+

Certainly money exists to throw at this event, and I hope it’s a success.

Your success = more of the games I adore!

Wish I could afford to go but glad others can
    Twyla likes this.
  7. Ubertino New Member

I can understand the price for the in-person event. Things are more expensive now, etc.

Where I feel the ball was totally dropped/dribbled/kicked into traffic, are the digital items. I'm from Canada so I will use those prices. $200 for patron and $334 for VIP (if I recall). What do I get that seem interesting?

Valkyrie illusion sounds cool. Brell Sirilis illusion (not my thing but some may like it so... cool)
    New painting... cool.
    Mount/familiar potion... useful but 1 per account

Potions of vitality... maybe just me, but I think they are fairly humdrum to useless the way sig lines are designed to get you to the end now.
    A weapon in 4 different colors... why? Sounds lazy. If you want the gold one, pay us $100 more!
    Same with the mounts and owlbear wands... 4 different colors depending on how much you pay. Also just touched up versions of existing models.
    The swords... same thing.

There seems little here digitally that inspires me to drop my hard earned cash! How about some fancy statue, a unique estate home... SOMETHING interesting that doesn't just come in different colors when I cough up more money???

I'm not looking for items that make my char more powerful than others... just something interesting... and not lazy!

Just my lazy 2 cents worth (thats 1 US cent roughly according to Alexa).
    GrunEQ and Cyna like this.
  8. Majesty Active Member

I have been sitting trying to figure out what I would like to drop the cash on any of the versions. That is said without complaining but only from a consumer perspective. The in person event is way out of my range and I am one that will spend that on family instead. I am thrilled for the people that can attend though! I LOVE the mount and am very disappointed that it is only one per account. I understand that its special and should be limited but for someone over the years that has been dedicated to this game it seems a bit steep. I am not even looking at the combat numbers on it. I second Ubertino, a special estate, mount for each character or something worth dropping more cash than you do on an expansion.
  9. Evilary Well-Known Member

Every time I see there is a new comment on this, I read the title of the post and I think of Dexter.
    Cyna likes this.
  10. Rapunzyra New Member

Is there a way to gift a digital ticket to someone?
  11. Sturmlocke Linux enthusiast playing EQ2 via Proton.

Hm, seeing ppl say they want a bit more in terms of digital items for their vip ticket etc. makes me wonder. Do ya'll want digital only or would something IRL be good too? Imagine handing out different real life items the higher you go with these tickets. I remember acquiring a beautiful EQ1 picture off eBay some time ago. Maybe something that ppl can touch and treasure IRL would make them feel their purchase was more worth it?

[IMG]

Imagine giving out something like this in real life for the ppl purchasing the higher tier vip tickets. Just an example, you can do other items as well. You could also do group fotos with everyone who wants to participate and then print them out live during the event and then have some frames ready for the devs to sign and give to ppl afterwards. It's personal and an item that you can always look back at with fond memories. Ppl like doing housing in EQ2, and I can only assume some will also enjoy hanging up EQ items in their own house? I have a few EQ pictures around here within a golden frame :) Ofc in this case it could be EQ2 themed.

Edit: Now that I think of it, wouldn't it be cool if you could have those group pictures or other event fotos both irl AND as a digital copy in game for both your real life house and virtual home in EQ2? I wouldn't mind having a super closeup facial picture of ttobey doing something weird into the camera to hang up in one of my houses in EQ2.
    Breanna likes this.
  12. Kotter Legendary Member

now where did my mom hide her credit card?
  13. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

Yeah, not happening.
    luminosa, Majesty, Angeliana and 4 others like this.
  14. Majesty Active Member

I bought my Patron pack today. I noticed the mounts available one per character and I am so very very excited. I don't know if it was recently changed or I misread the pack at first. If changed I thank you so very much! I know it is impossible to please all players but I'm an alt lover like many and now can enjoy fully the pack. I put feedback in when the expansion first came out. Thank you for listening.
    :) Majesty