Today is the day!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Angeliana, Feb 28, 2024.

1. Angeliana Senior Community Manager

[IMG]
    Fippy Fest ticket sales are LIVE!

We know many of you have been waiting somewhat patiently for the Fippy Fest tickets to go up for sale, as patiently as the person in the old ‘Open! Open! Open!’ commercial from the 1990’s, that is. The day has finally arrived, and we are happy to announce that both digital and in-person ticket sales have begun.

Click on over to the Fippy Fest website for details on how to get your tickets as well as what valuable loot is included in each of the digital packs. Spoiler Alert! You get the digital items for BOTH games, so be sure to check out EverQuest's digi-loot HERE! Please remember that the in-person tickets are very limited in quantity and are first come, first served. Once they are sold out, they are gone for this event.

We look forward to seeing you all either digitally or in person in June!

Join us on social media: Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and Discord.

Sturmlocke likes this.
  2. Lateana Older than Dirt, Playing EQII since 2004

$1,500 to be there live! I can spend a week in Hawaii for less than that.
    Cyna and Breanna like this.
  3. Prayos Well-Known Member

As someone who's lived there, no you can't. Though I do agree that $1500 is way too much for an in person thing.

That said, I'm excited. Hopefully there's enough interest to bring back Fan Faire!
  4. Sweety D Well-Known Member

Um, what? LoL, are are you sleeping in a tent? Cause the resorts I've stayed at are $400-500 a night, and that's before upgrading. Flights from the mainland are generally $500 a person, depending on where you fly from, and that's flying in the tiny seats. $1500 if you want some leg room.
    Prayos likes this.
  5. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

I used to live in California, and getting to Hawaii was a steal, you could get really good deals for hotels too, but yes if that price is all inclusive, that is not such a bad price.
  6. Pink Poodle Maid of the Evening Storm

What
    Wh

What does the $1,500 include exactly because...? I like this game lots and want to support it but. $1,500... wasn't last SOE Live/FanFaire/whatever like $180? I understand venues cost money but... maybe get a smaller venue?
  7. Sweety D Well-Known Member

I think the reason it is so expensive is because (as you say) it's a small venue. They need to charge more per seat as there are only a few seats. Otherwise, they would take a loss on having the event. (I'm just guessing on that part.) This was talked about on the last EverQuest Show when Fading interviewed Jen. She specifically said there are very few spots available.
  8. Vokan Well-Known Member

Do the mounts have stats or are they cosmetic? If stats, how do they compare?
    Tanz Sixfingers and Siren like this.
  9. Vokan Well-Known Member

Well I just found out the hard way that the mounts do in fact have stats but will not be upgrades for most people.
    Yozilie and Siren like this.
  10. Pink Poodle Maid of the Evening Storm

Oi I hope they can secure a more... easier-price place. Because this is too much for most players. I'm not trying to be rude or anything I promise.
  11. GrunEQ Well-Known Member

I hate to say this but I'm gonna; there just isn't anything in those packages to excite me. Guess if you have money burning a hole in your pocket...
    Tkia, Yozilie and Sweety D like this.
  12. Sweety D Well-Known Member

I hate to agree because I am an EQ Fanboy! But the items are not exciting to me either. I have 6 accounts that I would absolutely buy the VIP package for. But, I don't really like the items, and also, for VIP, mostly what you get is a different color of the same items that don't excite me.

DayBreak, give me a better reason to give you $1500 for digital items! I promise I will buy them!
  13. Solid11 Active Member

Ahhhhhhhh I see what's going on. Cater to the big spenders and possible investors in "future games".

Sneaky but effective.

Well played DPG.....well played.
    Hartay likes this.
  14. Yozilie Active Member

So .... the people paying $15 a mo (or more if you do Krono's) get what, exactly? I've paid for 13 years now. Thats $2,340. Now add in DB Cash purchases. Now add in Krono purchases. What exactly do I get - other than "left behind"?

$1,500 is my monthly living expense. Anyone care to flip my bills so I can go?
  15. GrunEQ Well-Known Member

I feel for you. I've been paying since Launch and I feel that there are people at DayBreak who are out of touch or just don't care.
    Heck! for $50 you can't even get a mount :confused:
    Yozilie likes this.
  16. Jamzez Active Member

A entry level Darkpaw employee would be hard pressed to be able to afford to go to this...
  17. Angeliana Senior Community Manager

For the questions about what exactly the $1499 entails:
    It includes access to all of the pre-livestream activities the day before the livestreams as well as being able to ask questions directly on the livestreams. This includes face-to-face time with developers, all digital items from the VIP Pack, a physical swag bag with exclusive Fippy Fest in-person items, and more to be announced.
    Saw-Lau likes this.
  18. Sturmlocke Linux enthusiast playing EQ2 via Proton.

Gotta say, I really like this! I understand the higher prices and I'm actually impressed by the sheer fact that this is getting revived! I'll be booking a digital ticket for sure (until I can do a little vacation time in the states one day). Is it right that even the 50USD ticket will allow me to ask questions LIVE during the show? If so, is there a guideline of how many questions one can ask or is it random?
    Breanna likes this.
  19. DENSER Well-Known Member

Why this price? There are plenty of answers.
    A way like any other to make the studio work.
    A way to meet dedicated fans , real ones.
    Not the loudmouths like us, ready to criticize every decision, potentially creating a state of unease .
    This price is justified, imagine at 50 euros... Who, what profile of players would present themselves?
    It's a barrier, a ward ( its a team of mystics !!;)) like another
    Siren likes this.
  20. Angeliana Senior Community Manager

Regarding the comments about the cost:

We understand the $1499 is causing some sticker shock, however, this was the lowest we were able to go for an in-person event due to the very limited size of venue, the actual cost of food and beverages, swag (both digital and physical), and other back-end costs factored in. However, those of you that cannot make it in-person, we do have all of the digital options with the digital swag. The livestream is free to watch for everyone, however all the digital packs also include the ability to post questions to be asked to the panel during the livestream event.
    Jinksie and Siren like this.