[TLE] Rush Order Writs in DoF

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by Adevil, Oct 2, 2015.

1. Adevil Well-Known Member

Before Desert of Flames goes live, is there any way we could be told what the new gold cap for repeatable quests is, or if it's unchanged? That way we could get some idea if there are writs that are going to eat gold again by checking writs on the regular servers.

Hopefully the team took this into consideration so that Domino doesn't have to tinker with the writs again.
  2. Filly67 Well-Known Member

It will most likely not be an issue. As Domino mentioned when she fixed the current tier, it was tied to a max of gold reward allowed. Since in the new tier awards for quests and such are higher this shouldn't be an issue.

To quote Domino: "but as this is a problem that will go away as people level up and as the server unlocks and that 2g cap is lifted, spending any extra time on the non-timed writs is a lower priority right now compared to other tradeskill tasks that also need attention"
  3. Adevil Well-Known Member

Bump.

This is indeed an issue again. The gold cap on at least L50 writs is still 2g.

3 combines using 8 Lambent each (23s 4c each) = 5g 52s 96c

Loss for 1/2 a writ is 3g 52s 96c

Domino, please help again!!!

Edit: I reported this ingame as a bug.
  4. Domino Well-Known Member

Looks like the cap wasn't raised - we're looking into doing that now!
    Jaden likes this.
  5. Domino Well-Known Member

I'm told it should be fixed now - if not let us know! Sorry about that!
    Adevil likes this.
  6. Adevil Well-Known Member

It's 4g now. Still 1.5g short of the make 3 fuel cost.

TY, Domino.
  7. Domino Well-Known Member

All righty! We will tweak it some more in the morning, getting there :)
  8. Ruallin Ebonhammer Active Member

As always Domino, a big thanks for all you do for us tradeskillers.
  9. Domino Well-Known Member

OK folks, we checked into this a little further. The coin cap has been raised, but not enough to cover the fuel reimbursment for tradeskill writs for crafting classes that have lots of combines in one step (classes like the scholars who have tons of small steps may be ok). We're investigating a code solution that would just exclude tradeskill quests from the cap, which should solve this issue for good. If that turns out not to be possible, we'll move on to plan B which will require editing a lot of writ quests as before and will take quite a bit more work and time.

So the good news is, we're looking into the best way to fix this; but the bad news it, it's unlikely to happen this week and we can't give you an exact timing till we know whether the code solution is possible.
    Alenna, Finora, Filly67 and 2 others like this.
  10. Pauly Well-Known Member

wouldn't a lower fuel cost fix it? appreciate the efforts! thx
    Feldon, Filly67 and Eradani like this.
  11. Kelvani Well-Known Member

Bumping this. I just did my first rush order:

Carpenter: Create 6 maj'dul market baskets

fuel cost for 48 lambent sandpaper is 11g 5s 92c
    reimbursed: 4g + 1g 62s = 5g 62s

total net loss per writ: 5g 43s 92c
  12. Domino Well-Known Member

We have the code fix complete, because our programmers are awesome, however due to the office move this week we may not be able to push it out live until next week. It will be in the very next hotfix however!
  13. Kelvani Well-Known Member

/cheer!

You code guys and gals rock.. and thank you for the update! Been doing the lvl 49 writs to save me coin =p
  14. Kelvani Well-Known Member

Dare we hope that this got patched today.. no patch notes so /crosses fingers =D
    Eradani likes this.
  15. Melindrae New Member

Nope not yet. Just did a level 50 carpenter rush order and still losing 5 gp per writ.
  16. Eradani Well-Known Member

i did a 50 tailor a few hours ago and only lost 1g43s92c
    closer but...
  17. Avithax Well-Known Member

Who are you and what have you done with our Domino who always saves us from these kinds of horrors?
  18. Chocoholic Active Member

Just to add my experience - I was coming to post this and found the thread - did a lvl 50 tailor rush order, lost 1g 43s 92c. Did another one to make sure, and lost the same amount. Both rush orders were craft 2 items x 3.
    Eradani likes this.
  19. Krastis Member

Its going to take my carp and woodworker too much money to do lvl 50 rush order writs. it cost me 5 gold 62 silver to complete one rush order. It would cost me over a plat to get to lvl 54. I will have to go the slow road and keep doing lvl 49 writs it will be a while before I hit 54.
  20. Adevil Well-Known Member

Today's the first actual patch since Domino said they'd fixed the issue. Even though the fix isn't mentioned in the patch notes, it should be included.