[TLE] Please Stop Adding Nonsense

Discussion in 'General Feedback' started by Sprok, Jun 8, 2023.

1. Angeliana Senior Community Manager

When the first cloak drops, I'm sure someone will let everyone know all about it. Until then, it will remain a mystery as being stealthy and secretive is part of the lore of the event.
    Twyla, Siren, Jinksie and 4 others like this.
  2. Zenji Well-Known Member

While I understand it isn't your decision and you are just the messenger.

This decision is an example of failing to reading the room and is just showing how out of touch the team is when it comes to the TLE servers.

It would very easy to tell us without spoiling the event for the community, if this new cloak will have combat stats or not.
    KaitlynnAM101 and Magdaddy like this.
  3. Angeliana Senior Community Manager

Or the community could have patience and wait until the cloak is in game to find out without anything being spoiled for anyone. No one even knew they existed up to the point of the article, it will not kill anyone to have to wait until they are available.
    Twyla, Caith, Siren and 4 others like this.
  4. Magdaddy Active Member

Okay so you've played the TLE for 3 days and are arguing about what TLE players want with somebody that's had his finger on the pulse from day 1 of the server until now and frequently speaks with a large chunk of the hardcore player base? That makes sense. God bless this community.
    KaitlynnAM101 and Zenji like this.
  5. Sprok Active Member

Wait... I just actually read what they said...

They think Kael Drakkel is the TLE server...
  6. Magdaddy Active Member

Yes, Sprok made it abundantly clear that THIS is what he wants. Why are you talking like this thread is full of people that want both? I don't know any old school players that are happy about stuff like this plume being added. I would wager with great confidence that most people are playing the TLE servers of EQ2 for nostalgia or because they want to experience content they missed the first time around. Let's be honest here, people aren't playing it because it's a can't miss gameplay experience...
    KaitlynnAM101 likes this.
  7. Zenji Well-Known Member

You weren't even on a TLE server. You were on the KD server for the green adorn.
  8. Magdaddy Active Member

Pretty much sums up the arguments you find from the ultra casual players on the forums.
  9. Zenji Well-Known Member

Imagine how much better the TLE servers would be if just 1 person who was involved in making things for this game actually played on a TLE server.
    KaitlynnAM101 and Magdaddy like this.
  10. Priority Well-Known Member

Fixed it for you. Not sure any devs making itemization/mechanics/content decisions actively play live OR TLE.
  11. Dude Well-Known Member

But ... but ... at the beginning of COVID I stocked up on milk, toilet paper, pitchforks, and torches. I need something to be enraged about! :rolleyes:
    Twyla, Aggy and Anguisette like this.
  12. TheGreatGatsby Active Member

Do you honestly, truly believe that saying whether or not the cloak has combat stats on it is a "spoiler", or that somehow the potential for yet another item to be taking up BiS spots from in-era current gear on TLEs is somehow okay because "no one knew the cloaks existed until the article"? You cannot possibly believe that the best course of action is to say "no spoilers ;)" in this situation, can you? The response to a very reasonable question being asked - Will this item that I will have to go to another server that I do not play on to get be combat oriented or cosmetic oriented - from the person whose literal job it is to be the voice of the community surely cannot be "It's a secret, teehee". This literally blows my mind.
  13. TheGreatGatsby Active Member

This is a very simple concept - if they want us to do something for our characters on our server, then it should be available on our server. Every person should be able to agree with this, whether it is for Live, KD, or for TLE. If these cloaks turn out to be cool cosmetics then that's one thing, but to tie a character's power level on one server to something on another server should not be happening. Period. End of discussion.

And if these cloaks ARE statted items that are anywhere NEAR the power level of the green adorn, yes, people are going to be furious.
    KaitlynnAM101, Magdaddy and Zenji like this.
  14. Spiritus Praeteriti Member

Why are you even still here? All you do is complain. You complain when it's good, you complain when it's bad. You complain when people aren't here, you complain when people are here.

You guys want a bunch of irrelevant stuff and here you are chomping at the bit to know something that will no actual impact on your life, at all. It's a game. They're pixels. Take a break. Get some perspective.

What is clearing the content 2% faster going to do for you?

Why would they need to? The players supply 20 spreadsheets worth of data every two years. Plus if they were in any sort of a competitive guild, everyone would question the integrity of raid 'progression', if you can even call it that when you're all clearing everything the first week. What's the point? Where's the challenge? Is it fun pretending it's not a faceroll every week because everyone else is pretending the same thing? You're all just pretending to have fun and trying to convince each other of that?

Actually what will happen is people will whinge about it on Discord for a few hours, or whenever someone brings it up after that first venting session every few hours after that, maybe there will be a post or two on the forums, and then it will be over. People will get the cloak, and they'll just accept it.
  15. DENSER Well-Known Member

Anyway, if they are to 'force' the player to go to this or that server for a quest, it is because the need for money is imperative.
    I don't see any other explanation.
    Also, this rat is not going to hide in the starting island.
    For sure, you will have to UP your toon a little, and therefore for the most frustrated, checkout.
    Imagine that u misses the one in common lands, and then...boom, 2 weeks or even more in a row , in vov or even just pass 100 level areas.
    Frus...tra....tion.
    Mmo's re just a question on how to deal with frustration players.
    Can't wait to see how it will turn out.
    On their part, with their usual jargon, it's very skilfully shot.
  16. DENSER Well-Known Member

And btw, stop asking for news about that cloak, if it ll have stats or not etc. It's part of the plan and it's off to a good start!
  17. Liberal Active Member

A lot of this is drivel that's deflecting Sprok's point. IMO here's my thoughts that hopefully can speak for a bit of the community like myself who have been on every TLE, raid on every TLE, and their "fun" is challenging content. Which is tuned around these "additions":

1. A lot of players don't want to have to log onto other servers and roll entirely new characters to get these items. These events such as the green adorn/cloak (if it has stats), are things that add to a bleak gameplay experience currently presented, however the execution is poor due to it not being on the server in question - Varsoon.

I like the idea of more content, I do not like the idea of having to make a toon on live whatsoever. The game is too bloated and it's a chore to play live at this point. I also don't have years of pay to win, the newest expansion, or any of the bloat flawless buffs. Yes, it will be a absolute chore to play. The thought of people moving over to live/KD is just not going to happen - allow me to be the first to feedback this if no one else has.

2. To imply that these items aren't required if you raid is just a fallacy. These items aren't targeted to casuals, and raid content is tuned around these additions. This isn't a opinion, this is a fact. Feel free to run a full 24 man with no KD adorn vs a 24 man with and see how it goes. Casual players also aren't the players these min/max things are geared/put into the game for.

Daily log metrics will not shift at all if a level 52 conj who plays once a week and is casual sees this cloak go into the game.

3. Plume's I do not mind as much as I can purchase them off the broker for 3plat. It is however - bloat, which is why live is mostly dead, and some players come over to TLE who still enjoy the game - to avoid bloat.

4. Whiteknighting the team and deflecting a request for an answer only exacerbates the problem and emboldens the devs to continue to ignore the community.
    KaitlynnAM101, Smashey, Zenji and 2 others like this.
  18. Pixistik Don't like it? You're not alone!

I miss Dreamweaver
    KaitlynnAM101, Zenji, Tkia and 2 others like this.
  19. Breanna Well-Known Member

I second that !
  20. Zenji Well-Known Member

You really didn't need to work so hard to get my attention, could have saved yourself time and just said hi.
    Feara likes this.