[TLE] Please Stop Adding Nonsense

Discussion in 'General Feedback' started by Sprok, Jun 8, 2023.

1. Sprok Active Member

There is a disconnect somewhere in how the devs understand what TLE players want from their experience. All we want is old content and old experiences.

Please stop making us go to other servers for character power, or adding new live items to TLE servers. We did not want Kael Drakkel adorns, we did not want plumes, and if there are stats tied to the upcoming live cloak event we sure as hell don't want those.

The seasonal events are fine when all they reward are house items or cosmetics, there are a few events I wait for each TLE to snag the appearance gear that I want... but adding stats to a bunch of out of era nonsense is tiresome. Especially when we're drug off server or have to delete an alt to do things on some server we want nothing to do with...

Please... just leave us alone with our nostalgia...
  2. Taled Well-Known Member

You know that you don't *have* to do the off server stuff, right?

Like, the Kael Drakkel adorn is not a mandatory item to obtain. You aren't going to suddenly be unable to do TLE content without it.

This is, presumably, a complaint about the Cloak event they just announced - without having any idea whether the cloaks are even going to have stats. Maybe wait until you see what the cloaks are before complaining about it?
    Siren, Anguisette and DENSER like this.
  3. Ganu_Zephyr New Member

Well we've already seen kael's adornment and it has nothing to do with a TLE, if things continue like this, we'll soon have an item in the market to make a toon op, like the celestial spell rank in the live or celestial mount, is it really the gaming experience you want?

They should better focus on balancing the stats of existing items and disable the hunter who is in the same caliber
    Sprok likes this.
  4. Tkia Well-Known Member

Why? From what I just read the complaint is about the concept of having to go to a live server to participate in the new content. The quality of the reward is actually irrelevant.
  5. Sprok Active Member

Do you realize how mindless this concession is? Improving my spells to Master isn't mandatory. Equipping raid gear instead of mastercrafted isn't mandatory. Getting adornments made isn't mandatory.

Anything tied to player power becomes required if you want to stay relevant to general server power and progression.

To be fair to them, it is twofold more than anything. Events adding cosmetics are 100% fine in my book, just would like to preempt anything that ends up being some required circus of hoops to jump through on other servers. We are able to get plumes without leaving the server, they are just another example of out of era player power being added.
  6. Sprok Active Member

My main issue with Hunter's items is that they make iconic weapons worthless. Every bow that drops in raid content is just an eye roll because Hunter's crossbow exists. It's quite sad seeing all these long sought after weapons and gear pieces completely made worthless.

Don't get me wrong, I think it is healthy to have BiS chase gear in certain heroic content. Think it keeps the game and the server population healthy with something to work on outside of raiding. Main examples coming to mind like choker in Shard of Fear or the mage ring from Najena's Hollow Tower, I know there have been many others historically.
  7. Spiritus Praeteriti Member

We really have come full circle haven't we? This from the person who told the Devs anyone who couldn't figure out to use pet tanks was just bad at the game and that's how EQ2 TLE raiding should be. Leave it alone, we did it, so can they.

Reap what you sew buddy. Hope you enjoy that bed you made for yourself and everyone else.
    Anguisette likes this.
  8. DENSER Well-Known Member

Obviously taled, but that's the insidious way it's done. Brought the player to other servers with a chance to get them paid there .
    Under cover of an event.

Next time will be pvp i presume, then... Planet side 2? Like their joke from the 1st april. We are not far.

And you can already be sure that it will not be a tablecloth to have a picnic, an OP item, to harangue the players and bring them to live. No need to be a diviner
  9. Anguisette Member

Dear OP,

Who dubbed you the spokesperson for everyone who play on TLE's? If you do not wish to participate, then don't. If you do not want the free cloak or free kangaroo or whatever, then don't bother with it. I do happen to like it and while it may be a slight inconvenience to hop onto test or live to get it, I do not mind.

The hyperbole of the no-one asked, no-one wants, everyone feels crowd is old and does not accomplish what you think it does, it only makes people think of a person in the throes of hysterics. You have no concept of if someone asked, if someone wants or if someone feels the same as you do, and you certainly cannot ascertain if everyone feels or thinks the same as you do.

Speak for yourself and not for me. I have a voice and will use it when I deem fit to do so for what is important to me. I do not need others attempting to speak for me.

Best regards,
    Me (and only me)
    Gharyn and Daryx like this.
  10. Sprok Active Member

I'm not sure if it's your memory or your reading comprehension which is the issue, but we can take this trip down memory lane.

This is my statement from the thread about summoner pets tanking raid content.

This is my statement from a discussion about brawlers vs plate tanks during the same content.

Though I'm unsure how class and raid balance has any relevance to chasing off server, out of era, BiS items?
    Magdaddy likes this.
  11. Spiritus Praeteriti Member

Oh that's right, you were the one saying why shouldn't every fight have constant death save rotations like live, and completely out of era specs to them that they never had before.

Maybe it's your comprehension that's failing if you're not realizing you and yours are the exact reason they even put something like Hunter's in for, to keep you all subscribed and droning through content. I'll say it again, Sproko, congratulations. Sure sounds like you're enjoying the content!!

I bet you just love how the items get worse and worse, and less and less unique, don't you? Good job Sproko.
  12. Magdaddy Active Member

Come on man, why is there one of these in every thread? If you're a competitive player and you find joy in the competition, you are required to get the items unless you just want to be weaker than other people. This purposely obtuse argument of "well nobody is FORCING you to do it" has been beaten to death.
    KaitlynnAM101 likes this.
  13. Taled Well-Known Member

If you're an honestly competitive player, I don't see why you'd complain about having to do something to compete. It's not like anything they've added recently for random side-quest account wide stuff has been particularly onerous - Unlike the 'Race to Trakanon' style things where you had to go play on a TLE and do a ton of content to unlock things for your account, if you wanted to get it.

The complaint here was that these items are out of bounds of the 'live experience' for the old content. If you honestly want the 'old experience' for 'old content', then you shouldn't be doing these things and picking up stuff like the Kael green adorn, or whatever this cloak is, or familiars, or etc. Yes, you'll be underpowered and almost certainly behind people who are picking all that up and you won't have the competitive edge, but to complain that these are added AND complain when someone says 'Well, dont do it, then?' is just.. disingenuous, at best.

Either you want the old experience of the old content as close to possible as it was, or you want to rock through old content and claim 'TLE First!' by whatever means you can, but it can't really be both.
    Anguisette and Dude like this.
  14. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

YOU don't want adorns. YOU don't want plumes. YOU don't want new stat cloaks. YOU want to enjoy the nostalgia. I made a toon on TLE to get the green adorn for live, but I had fun enjoying TLE for what it was in those brief 3 days. It's like a slightly harder but still easy version of chronomentoring down to run that content on live.
    Anguisette likes this.
  15. DENSER Well-Known Member

This is called a dialogue of the deaf.
    In short, there are happy and unhappy people. As per usual. Our fine speeches will change nothing.
    Let it be this subject and all the others before.
  16. Taled Well-Known Member

The thing is, there will be people who post like this complaining it is added - but the second an event DOESN'T include TLE, TLE players also come out of the woodwork complaining they aren't getting anything for the event.

Darkpaw can't win either way. The reality is, giving the OPTION to have and use the items is the best option, and whether they decide they want to or not is up to you as a player, but complaining about both ways just leads to people throwing their hands up in the air and giving you nothing at all in the future.
    Anguisette likes this.
  17. Xyza Member

There's a high chance that this will be another slot that raid gear will become useless because of (obviously not guaranteed but based on how these things normally go). If the devs are going to insist on giving out of progression stat upgrade items I wish at least they would do it like the KD adorn that its not making loot useless in addition to the annoyance of having to do something off server or daily grind of hunters. I understand wanting to include us in the events & I know not everyone would be happy if it was just for appearance things. But then why not at least create an "events adornment slot color" then at least the hunters or events wouldn't be replacing formerly desirable raid & sig quest items. I realize its not what everyone wants as it still inflates stats for no reason (& I know people can say you don't have to do it but over time content tends to be balanced around most people doing them).
  18. Pixistik Don't like it? You're not alone!

Cloaks prollygon be some rainbow thing
    Feara and Breanna like this.
  19. Feara Well-Known Member

What is a TLE First! ?

And if your using whatever means you can, is this truly an TLE First?

I thought TLE was the old experience of the old content as close to possible.
    Magdaddy likes this.
  20. Sprok Active Member

If it's just a fancy high res cloak or cloaks for pride month, that's awesome. However, it would be nice if the devs would just confirm one way or another in the official discord about the item being strictly appearance or them having combat stats. Being needlessly vague and avoiding the question doesn't help anyone...