[TLE] Level 50 gameplay

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by Lunshea, Aug 10, 2015.

1. Lunshea Member

TLE (so far) has given me the best mmo experience I've had in years! I'm a group-a-holic, and the busy LFG chat is just so great to see :) However; I see a lot of 10-40+ group announcements in LFG, but have yet to see something lvl 50 related. I didn't play EQ2 at release, so I'm rather unfamiliar with what the game has to offer at the top levels when it comes to grouping and character/gear progression. Except for raiding, are CT/Sol/Permafrost still the places to go at lvl 50 for possible gear upgrades, or does the top level open up new places to discover?

Any vets out there that could help a newbie with a brief round-up of what to do @ 50 (group related)?

Cheers,
  2. Ucala Well-Known Member

at 50 most probably hit Sol Eye.
    tbh there isn't alot of 50 content in the vanilla content.
  3. BulletCatcher66 Active Member

There are quests that need to be done. Speak like a dragon, Magic Language, you could start working on your prismatic. Have you completed your Dwarven Work Boots HQ yet? Not any time soon, but those Dwarven Works Boots will be upgradeable later on in another expansion. May as well knock that out now.

Do you have other items you're interested in . Tarton's Wheel?
  4. Grymmstone Member

There is also the Rivervale timeline that has a lot of 40 - ish quest content and the Tower of the Drafling dungeon
  5. Meaghan Stormfire Well-Known Member

Lower Solusek's Eye for grouping, but the majority of level 50 content is centered around the Prismatic series.
  6. Rondo9 Active Member

Meanwhile on current live server they're like ghost towns!!!!
  7. Lunshea Member

Ye, guess only the upcoming server merges can fix that - and maybe the autumn campansion :( Finding a group could be a struggle *before* TLE released even on AB, so I can't even imagine how the situation is now on the less populated servers...
    So...a merge is really needed.
  8. Ilovecows Active Member

At 50 pretty much the only zones to run are Permafrost and LS. There are a couple instances in EF as well that you can run and quests in the overland. Rivervale and CT are more around level 40ish, but you can always do that too.

Most of the content available for you are the lengthy quest lines for nice gear like the prismatic like and Tarton's Wheel. There isn't a huge amount of group content left to do once you have ran through SE/Permafrost a few times and spent a couple weeks raiding. That is why do many people at cap want the expansion to move on to DoF right away
    Thinwizzy likes this.
  9. Thinwizzy Active Member

There just isn't much to do at 50. There is enough to keep you busy for maybe a week if you take your time. If you have a decent group, Dragon language goes really quick. Tarton's Wheel doesn't take long at all. If you have a guild, the entire Prismatic line takes just a few hours. You can run Permafrost/Sol Eye, but once you finish leveling in those zones, you probably won't need anything out of them. Spend a week at 50 and you will see why those of us that are there want to move to DoF so badly.
  10. BulletCatcher66 Active Member

Seems like you all rushed way to fast there and now want to progress the server forward. Im thinking DoF wont go forward because the majority of people do not play as fast as Thinwizzy and other hardcore types do.

I don't think the majority of people can knock out prismatics that fast. Your experiences are from what seems to be a well defined and well organized group. Which is great. MOre of that should be around. But most people don't have that unfortunately. And then, being a Freep on Deathtoll @ lvl 50... its rough out there. so many grps of people coming around to farm titles and jump us with there groups. Such is life.
    Desaad likes this.
  11. Thinwizzy Active Member

Sure, I rushed to 50. Others didn't. Even those who didn't rush are now at end game with the same amounts of nothing to do. A yes on this vote still gives two weeks to sit at 50. Two weeks is more than enough time to finish leveling and do all of the content. I understand that some people like to move slower than others. What I have trouble understanding is how people can look at 6 weeks for classic and still not find enough time to hit cap and do the content. 6 weeks is a long time for classic, and if we go another 4-6 on top of that, there will be a lot of additional people that run out of things to do too. Wanting an entire server to stay entertained for 12 weeks on this content just because you want to go as slow as you can is really short sighted. If people get bored, they quit. If people quit these servers, they don't make enough money. If they don't make enough money, they don't get supported. We are not asking to rush to 100. I know a lot of people at 50, and I don't know of any that want that. We are asking to get to content that is much more fun than classic is.
  12. Desaad New Member

Wanting an entire server to hurry up and get to cap like you did to entertain your chosen play style is really selfish. I don't understand your complaint. If most people feel like you do, the expansion will be approved. If most people are still being entertained by 1-50 content, the expansion will not be approved this time. If the majority drives the decisions behind TLE progression, it's going to be just fine. The people who are at more risk of permanently quitting the server are those who feel the progression is too rushed and they'll never people able to catch up without rushing like you did. People like you might stop playing temporarily, but most of you will be back as soon as there's more content to rush through. Slower progression is to the benefit of the entire TLE server community, but people have a right to vote how they want and should not be shamed for it.
    Seefar likes this.
  13. Ilovecows Active Member

A lot of people rushed to 50, a lot didn't. Even the people that took it slow, spent their time pvping, running zones, questing, crafting and rolling a multitude of alts (like I did) should be pretty close to 50 by now. I myself am at 46 or 47 and I already realize that once u spend a few hours at 50 doing some of the quests, there won't be anything left to do.

If you want to take it slow, spending 1 months trying to do every little tedious quest and collection available to you in the game, the server moving on to DoF won't keep you from doing that. DoF is only a 10 level increase from 50 and includes a ton of content. The peacock club questline, all of the quest in SS, the various courts and their factions, etc provides for a ton more content with only 10 more levels people need to catch up to. Raiding is tougher and there is just a lot more to do there. Other players being able to play in DoF content doesn't stop you from going slow as a tortoise if that I'd what you choose. You really just end up sounding like a petulant child with your "I want to go as slow as I possibly can, so you should be forced to do so as well!".

Moving on to DoF won't stop you from playing any release content that you want, but holding the server back will prevent other players from being able to progress.
  14. Seefar Well-Known Member

Bull. You want to go as fast as you can -- head back to the live servers, you can rush as fast as you want there.
  15. DoomDrake Well-Known Member

Personally I voted "no" on level increase for TLE ... And reason for that is here ... to rush through content there is no need in TLE .. in can be done by making level 1 char on regular server, twink crap of it and just glide over content. I do remember thou that DOF was a blast.. Poet Palace, questing for flying carpet ...but you can experience all that on rest of the servers
  16. Ilovecows Active Member

I already told you I don't want to go as fast as I can. If I wanted to go as fast as I can, I would already be 50, I wouldn't have rolled 5+ alts, I wouldn't have been working on my TS level for all my alts and I wouldn't have gone out to get 600+ pvp kills when grinding in contested dungeons is so much faster xp.

What I want is to experience all of the old content while people are actually playing it. I'm pretty close to cap now and I can see there isn't much left to do there. I've already run through every contested and instanced dungeon in the game multiple times (except CT) I've done bundles of quests in the city zones and overland zones. This content is done with and it is time to move on to content that is more difficult and interesting than vanilla. That doesn't mean I want to play through AoM or solo around in KoS/DoF on nearly empty servers (I already did that). It means I want to get on to the content that is more interesting and that I never had a chance to play when they were live (particularly DoF and KoS).

Maybe if you want to go around and do every little obscure bit of content at the slowest pace you could imagine, maybe YOU are the one who should go back to live where you can do all of that, rather than insist that everyone else should have to wait for you to get your slow *** in gear.
  17. Soluss Member

Not everyone rushes to cap and people shouldn't all be lumped together. I am having so much fun playing that I will likely be 50 on one toon and 30+ on another by the time the vote happens. While I like to and want to raid at this point I don't expect to be able to. I get there naturally just by playing the game. Sometimes I solo quest. Usually I duo quest with my wife. I don't like tradeskills so I don't do them but my wife does so I help her harvest. Sometimes I group with a few friends that are on and tackle a dungeon for the night or work on some HQs. Sometimes I just grind mobs either just because or I want to complete a lore and legend. I almost always have vitality because I bounce my time around between two characters. Please don't tell me I rushed because I will get to 50 before someone that turtled.

Everyones playstyle is different and this server wasn't made for you individually. What you may think is the proper course is not what the developers did. The proper course is what the majority votes the proper course to be. If that doesn't happen to coincide on what you think the proper course is then stop telling people to go back to live.
    Ilovecows and Desaad like this.
  18. Desaad New Member

Again, posts like these are just devoid of any logic. You are addressing it like it's one person who is being a "petulant child" by holding an entire server back. If the server stays back, it's because 2/3 majority wants it that way. No single individual is going to be able to poop on your entire TLE experience. If 2/3 majority votes to hold the expansion off for another month, then it's truly you is being selfish by suggesting that they should have voted differently to accommodate the wishes of 1/3. I plan to vote no but if 2/3 majority votes yes, I'm not going to pout about how they weren't considerate of my needs. I'll either keep leveling or I'll quit if it bothers me that bad, but I won't run around with an attitude of entitlement shaming people for not doing what is best for me and the minority.
    Rhodris and Seefar like this.
  19. Kappa New Member

Personally I'd like to see another month of classic. Don't let the rushers dictate the pace of expansion. They seem to want to make this some sort of epeen contest and are really missing out on what TLE is about. Chill out before you burn out.
    Seefar likes this.
  20. Ilovecows Active Member

Well it doesn't actually mean that 2/3rd of players want it to stay as is, since server progression can be blocked by just over 1/3rd of the voting population. Voting in favor of server progression won't stop anyone from enjoying their turtle gamestyle where they level as slowly as possible. But it will hurt the people that do actually play more than 30 minutes every week and have hit 50 by this point.

I just don't get why someone would be so opposed to the game moving forward one expansion when it doesn't stop them from playing any of the vanilla content. No one gets forced up to 50 and told "no more vanilla for you!" There is nothing I can do if 1/3rd of 2/3rd or 99% of the server wants to keep the expansion from unlocking. I still will view it as an inconciderate and foolish decision on their part.