[TLE] Level 50 gameplay

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by Lunshea, Aug 10, 2015.

1. Desaad New Member

You're making the assumption that everyone who votes no is doing so because they enjoy a turtle gamestyle. I'm voting no because I got a late start and it took me about a week to figure out my main. Now I'm lvl 18, but I don't have as much time as I would like to play. I've never raided or even been to cap in this game, so I am hoping to be able to get there and participate in the things my guild is doing at cap briefly before it's time to start leveling again. I spend virtually all my in-game time leveling and looking for the best XP, but again I only have 2-3 hours per day, except on weekends. I don't use vitality pots and I won't. I'm playing the game the way it was designed to be played. If I get to cap, that would give me some extra time to devote to my tradeskills, which have fallen behind. I think there's a lot of people like me and that's why you won't get the votes to open up the next expansion. So you see, it probably has very little or nothing to do with people being petulant babies or spiteful. Like yourself, we have very good reasons (to us) for not wanting the expansion unlocked in the first vote. Once I get to 50 and have a chance to get bored, I'll be voting with you.
    Seefar likes this.
  2. Ilovecows Active Member

I don't make that assumption. My comments were referring specifically to people with a turtle play style that want to halt progression because they are still slowly meandering their way through the low level content. I may not have expressed my comments as well as i could have and i apologize for that. You don't seem to be one of those people given your indication that you would like to level up to cap level and my comments are not intended for someone with your line of reasoning for voting against server progression. I don't really mind too much if this vote fails the first time, I just hope there aren't enough people by the 2nd vote who still don't want to level up to keep everyone else from going on to the next expansion.
    Desaad likes this.
  3. clapisback Active Member

I think if they advance to the next expansion each month or so, the magic of TLE will fade pretty quickly, unfortunately. I'd be curious to see how the voting is going right now.
  4. Regolas Well-Known Member

I've played a couple of hours every other night or so on average, and I'm only 27 (and 20 TS).

I've grouped in Blackburrow, Fallen Gate, Crypt of Betrayal and Stormhold so far, and done a few quests in Antonica and TS.

Very jealous of the people with no lives that can rush to 50. I reckon it will take me another 2 months, and I'm not doing everything I wanted to either.
  5. moonraker New Member

These votes are separate and we have people from both servers chiming in rustling each others feathers.

If the vote doesn't pass on Deathtoll we are in for a very dreary next month or so. People will quit playing until DoF comes out...but every time this happens, less and less will come back.
  6. Kyosa New Member

Thats a thing i do not understand, i was happy to start a new char after a few years not playing EQ2,
    and do all the quests i missed, or do quests from the evil side.
    Release every expansion so fast is not a good idea.
  7. Fizzlespark420 New Member

I support myself and work 8-4:30pm Mon-Fri in the finance world.
    I engage in social activities after work and on weekends.
    I hit 50 on my Troubador Sunday (8/23) night.
    Took me a few days to settle on a main after launch.
    I consumed a total of 3 Vit potions during my play time (to stay caught up with guildies, will not be purchasing more for alts).
    I'm not a crafter.
    Bout to roll an Alt and have fun with guildies' alts.
    I'm also on Fire and Ice for prismatic weapon.
    I am obviously a no-life, hardcore elitist :D

I voted NO
    Rhodris likes this.