(TLE FG) Returning, some questions please.

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by Karaoke, Oct 5, 2018.

1. Karaoke Member

I have never gotten past level 40 on my own (not counting a heroic character). Just wasnt at a point in my life where I felt/wanted to devote the time. I loved/lived/and breathed EQ1 and dangit, I want to experience EQ2. So with that some questions:

My wife will play but she will be a few months behind me due to a new baby. What is a good class that can powerlevel her up when she starts to play. Shes open to all classes minus healers. I am open to everything minus whatever class are pullers. I'm leaning toward wizard but I am looking for a simple class.

I have a lot of krono saved up from EQ1, what should I purchase? I don't love leaving so anything to speed the process up I am all for it because raiding is my desire.

For classes can you please answer:
    Which healer is the easiest to play and can solo the best?
    Are all fighters considered tanks? Or do Monk/bruiser/Zerkers never tank? What two tanks can solo on the way up?
    Which scout class can solo the best (top two) and which scout class has the simplest rotation?

Lastly, Any must buys from the store/bazaar that just make life easier for all classes?

Also one last random question, are there multiple TLE servers? Is Fallen gate the only one or just the last one?
    Saw-Lau likes this.
  2. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

1. All classes can solo all the way up, whether on TLE or live. Any class can use mentoring to reduce down to another group member's level, and a character that is mentored down is usually overpowered for that level, so powerlevelling another toon is easy. I have seen folks two-box, having the second toon on autofollow, while the primary toon runs through slaughtering things as one method of powerlevelling. Also, you can powerlevel by using collection quests. A lot of high level collections have pretty cheap prices, and it's possible to boost a toon to 30 or 40 pretty easily just by loading them with collections and turning them all in at once.

2. All fighters, including monks, bruisers, and zerkers, are expected to tank. None are considered DPS. This doesn't mean that a properly geared tank with a huge amount of Potency can't deal big damage, just that they're not a DPS class.
      |
    3. Since you came from EQ1, I assume you understand how to kite? All the scouts do pretty good damage, and when soloing you use some combo of combat arts/poisons that stun, slow, etc. so you can back off a mob and hit it from range (ranger), or get behind it for positional strikes (all scouts). Bards (dirges and troubadors) are support classes. Predators (ranger, assassin) are T1 DPS. Rogues (swashbuckler, brigand) have some hate tools that allow them to tank some things. Beastlords are technically scouts, but they're very flexible and can supplement a healer, for example. I can't answer regarding simplest rotation, because all classes have about the same number of combat arts.

4. You say you are "leaning toward wizard but I am looking for a simple class". For the casters, Sorcerers (wizard and warlock) are the T1 DPS, but like all casters they're wearing cloth armor, so you have to be ready to root-and-nuke while soloing, and also to have a sense of humor about dying a lot. The "EZ Mode" casters are the Summoners (conjuror and necromancer) because the pet can tank for you when soloing, and while I love my Fallen Gate conjy, there are a lot of people complaining about conjurors on TLE because of pet not properly sharing stats. Enchanters (illusionist and coercer) are utility, providing power feed and crowd control.

5. You asked about healers. All healers can heal a group, all healers can solo. With AA, we have some "combat healers" whose AA changes their attacks into combat arts, these being inquisitors, wardens, and mystics, and I personally find these easiest to solo. Compared to other classes, healers solo much slower, because you heal, debuff, beat on mob, rinse and repeat. There are four types of healers: Clerics (templars and inquisitors) wear plate and use reactive heals (you cast it on the tank ahead of time and it reactively heals when they get hit). Shaman (mystics and defilers) wear chain armor and use wards (a ward intercepts damage before it actually hits the person until the ward is eaten away by damage) and have some deadly debuffs. Druids (fury and warden) have heals-over-time (they cast a heal, it heals a little, waits a few ticks, heals some more, waits a few ticks, etc.) and they have the ability to summon druid portals, which is great for travelling. Then there are channelers... I don't have one myself, but they have a pet who more or less acts like a ward, and they can use bows.

6. I'd use a krono to get the money for the biggest available bags, boxes, and salescrates. I recommend a quick read through How to Make Money in Norrath: A Guide for New and Old Alike for good info on some of your "best practice" ways of getting gear and spells.

7. If you are buying stuff from the DBG Marketplace (the cash shop), the most useful purchases will be Vitality potions while you are levelling (your XP gain slows way down when you run out of adventuring vitality). Also, you can get some Really Big backpacks, and having one at least on each toon is helpful. The third useful thing are Personal Depots, which allow you to store things like harvestables, collectibles, spells/recipes, etc. in a box that sits in your home rather than taking up bank slots.

8. Right now there is just one TLE server, Fallen Gate.

9. You mentioned raiding. Raids generally need two or maybe three tanks, but 6-8 healers, ideally four bards, four enchanters, and a lot of T1 DPS. Bards, enchanters, and shamans seem to be in perennial demand, but look in the TLE section of the forums and look at what classes various guilds are recruiting.
    Saw-Lau likes this.