Tips on PL'ing

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by Amaru, Mar 22, 2013.

1. Regolas Well-Known Member

Is that true now with the xp changes? If you get on the hate list you're supposed to get the equivalent of xp as if you soloed it. If that's correct you'd only get less with a higher level PLer if you don't get on the hate list, which granted, is easy to do.
  2. guard Active Member

pretty sure when I grouped with someone that was 5 levels above me the xp I was getting was really bad until he mentored me but I will double check tomorrow and let you know for sure
  3. Arielle Nightshade Well-Known Member

I have seen this happen, as well. The answer is even bad XP if you are mass killing is better than no XP if you weren't doing anything. It would be nice if they'd mentor to help you - it doesn't affect the mentoring player all that much, and really helps the ment-ee.
  4. guard Active Member

just checked on a level 20 alt I have got grouped him with my other toon chrono'd to 25 then actually menterod him it lost 1/3rd xp when I was 5 levels above
  5. Arielle Nightshade Well-Known Member

I never understood why someone mentoring would lose that much - but I believe that's 'as intended' as it's been that way for a really long time.

There must be some weird exploit I hadn't considered that makes that loss of XP for a mentor necessary - but it would never occur to normal, everyday players (like me), and looks like a mistake.
  6. Glundar Active Member

Ahh cool I will mentor rather. And move to a heroic zone. Thanks for the input greatly appreciated.
  7. Priority Well-Known Member

Wonderful. You quote a post from over 5 months ago and want to talk about how things have changed. Go back to when I made that post and it was still the way to do it. You get worse at reading comprehension (0/450)
  8. Ahupu Well-Known Member

Take things personally much? Someone bumped this thread to the top and I didn't want someone new who didn't know about the changes taking your post and thinking it was still true. And since I am level 95 that would be 0/475 thank you very much. :D
  9. Priority Well-Known Member

I didn't want you tainting my post with your ignorant babble. Don't always get what we want, do we.
    Ahupu likes this.