Tinkerfest Feedback & Bugs - 2023

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Kaitheel, May 12, 2023.

1. Feara Well-Known Member

Man, they jacked me up one night. Ambushed me while I was streaking thru Antonica harvesting. I forgot about them.

Laughing so hard. Hilarious. /wipes_tear
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  2. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Oookay, what'd I do wrong... :eek:

I just finished the Tinker-Bound History quest just now after having THREE Papernados to deal with?! After I'd just dinged 44 with my Warlock the quest before?? :-/

Uwk
  3. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Yeah; another place is the Crossroads in The Commonlands. :-/ If the devs want us out there and the joint in Antonica so much, I have an idea: put the PQs out there. ;)

Uwk
    who guarantees there'll be a lot of interest then... ;)
  4. Ladyhawke New Member

Hmm. I received no whisps and there is nothing on the map. Nothing seems to be hoverable. I've traipsed all over the place....how do I know where to place these sparklets, please?

5. Kattt Well-Known Member

I don't know if this has been brought up (did a word search and didn't find) or if anyone else had same issue, but I could not find any of one collection, until I got to Kelethin. I did shiny hunting for about an hour and ten minutes and not one single piece of the "Tinkered Parts" collection turned up. I did get many from both the Tinmizer's Medals and Tinkerer's Extraordinary Toolbelt collections. I can even give you numbers that I got from both. I hunted in almost all of the tinkerfest areas, except for neriak and freeport seeing as my character is of good alignment. I did Steamfront, Moors, Halas, Qeynos, and Gorowyn. Then for about ten minutes I did only Kelethin and got only 2 of the collection members. Mind you, I did only a short time in Kelethin because I was kind of tired of it by that point. =P So it seems that nearly all the other areas did not have this collection, except for Kelethin. Only 2 of the entire collection turned up in Kelethin for me...and the purple ones were very few and far between. Unless there are areas in Kelethin that I am unaware of.

I am wondering if all this happened because of the new collection added, and having to find 3 separate collections in all those areas. I am wondering if it would be easier to divvy them up more evenly, and different areas for different parts.

Anyway, if nothing else, finding absolutely none of one collection in 5 of those areas for well over an hour seems like an issue.

Letting you know.
  6. Tkia Well-Known Member

IIRC you don't see parts for collection 2 until you've done collection 1. You may need to do both of those to see the new one. I do know that if you have done both then you will only see parts for the new one until you've completed that too and then you'll go back to getting bits for all 3 randomly. So if you want to collect for all your toons on one character don't hand in the new one until you have what you need.
  7. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Yeah, it can get confusing. :-/

Uwk
  8. Kattt Well-Known Member

I think you might have misunderstood me. I used the names of the collections so I could avoid confusion, but when I stated "Tinmizer's Medals" that is the brand new collection, and I got plenty of them with no problem. But I should also note that I already had the original 2 collections completed. I named both of those as well. They were completed in my book. I was just out gathering more of them, as well as the new one. I had the new collection finished in roughly 15-20 mins of hunting them down, easily.
    However, I do not believe it is indicated anywhere that having any of them predicates getting any others as well. So I am hoping that is moot. But bugs do happen.

Anyway, nevertheless, I had no issues getting the new ones, nor getting one of the two older ones. But the other of the two older ones, the "Tinkered Parts" did not show up at all until I went to Kelethin.

So, to make sure all on same page here, this is the collection that was not showing up at all at any of the listed locations until I tried last in Kelethin:

[IMG]

I believe this is the original Tinkerfest collection and it did not show up at all until I tried in Kelethin last. This was a collection I had already finished on that character, but wanted more of them. Partly for other characters, and partly to finish the guide quest I had open. None of the pictured above turned up in any of those cities, except for Kelethin.

This is a screenshot of ALL the shinies I picked up in all the other cities before I got to Kelethin:

[IMG]

Kelethin did net some of the old "Tinkered Parts" collection, but only about 4 of them in about 15 mins or so, and the purple ones were very sparse and limited area. (Not precisely sure how far out from portal we are supposed to look.)

My understanding is ALL three collections should show up in all Tinkerfest areas/portals, but might that not be so? Don't get me wrong, I am happy it was not too painful to find the new collection, but I don't think getting the original is supposed to be that hard, or not at all. My suggestion was to divvy parts of all three into seperate areas or some such to avoid coding issues. But bearing in mind my limited knowledge of coding, that is just a suggestion.

I hope that clears things up.
  9. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Odd; I've always tripped over the 1st, original collection parts in Gnomeland Security when I'd go over there looking for the newest collection parts (and yep, I've got the first two already). :-/

What server are you on? If you'd like some of the older parts, I'll see if I can track down which toon has 'em, or if I (hopefully) did the smart thing and tucked them away in our Collector's Depot. :)

Uwk
    Kattt likes this.
  10. Kattt Well-Known Member

I think I figured it out. =) At least I believe so. I think it's a bug, but with a guide quest and that collection.

That particular Tinkerfest collection only, and showing up in Kelethin only, seemed like a weird anomaly. I had a hunch. So, when I got to doing the tinkerfest quests on my next character, I went to test my theory.

The guide quest "The Tome of Tinkering" asks you to pick up the purple shinies; Tinkered Gizmo, Tinkered Gadget, Tinkered Widget. These all come from the collection: "Tinkered Parts." That seemed too coincidental that they wouldn't show up with that guide quest open, which seeks the very same shinies. Keep in mind, both characters had already finished the Tinkered Parts collection. So I am not sure if the collection already being done effects the bug occurring or not. But when I got to the second toon, I went to the various areas I listed before, and sure enough, none of that Tinkered Parts collection were showing up at all. Then I went and got the 3 parts needed from my own collection box at guild hall, the guide quest updated and finished. Then I went back to the tinkerfest areas listed above, and the parts of that collection started showing up again.

I think what happened with my final try at Kelethin on previous toon, was after I tried the other cities I listed, I had given up in exasperation, went to hall to see if the parts would update if I had in box, they did, and then I realized I had not tried Kelethin for the parts, and went to try (after the guide quest completed.) I did not connect the guide quest thing right away yesterday though.

So, to make sure this assessment is accurate, I am going to try one more thing. When the server is back up/later I will go bring one more toon to test this theory. I have one character left that I do not believe has done the collection yet, since she was only born in September. She also has the guide quest open in her book. I will see if these collection items show up to a toon with the guide quest open, but the collection not yet completed.

I will tell you the results when I am done, but so far it is looking like a bug between the guide quest, the old collection quest, and perhaps the new collection added on? Just a thought.
  11. Kattt Well-Known Member

Thanks Uwk...appreciate the kind offer! =) I have plenty of that collection, I was just being lazy to zone and check my own box for them. I wanted to kill 2 birds in one zone, so to speak. lol I also figured some extras for alts or our guild box wouldn't hurt. Additionally, I wasn't sure if the quest would update with taking from box, or having to harvest. But I am all set.

Thanks again!
  12. Kattt Well-Known Member

Ok, so I found one more clue for you. I went onto the newer character that had the guide quest open. I confirmed that none of the tinkerfest collections had been previously done.
    I did hunting in many of the various zones (at least 4-6 of the zones) for about 40 mins. Same result. None of the Tinkered Parts shinies showed up at all. In fact, only a few of the Tinkerer's Extraordinary Toolbelt shinies turned up. The results were predominantly the new collection, the Tinmizer's Medals ones turned up most. I got like 50-60 or more of those, and only 3 of the toolbelt shiny ones.

As I was running around one city, the collections npc was right there with the book ready overhead, so I turned in the one done, the medals one. As soon as I turned that in, the Tinkered Parts ones started showing up in any city I tried. In decent amounts. So there seems to be a correlation between the original collection, the tinkered parts, the new medals one, and the guide quest. Mind you, that toon did NOT complete the guide quest yet. So, it seems finishing EITHER the medals collection OR the guide quest has the tinkered parts shinies showing up. I did hunting for about another 20 mins after the turn in, and all collections showed up, but the medals one was still predominant, and the tinkered parts next, with the toolbelt one the fewest comparatively.

I hope to do more later. After a few hours of this, I am bored stiff, and tired. My stamina is not the same these days and I have had some degree of pain this week, so apologies I cannot keep experimenting right now. =)
    I will try to do some more after I get some rest.

Meantime, hope that gives some info to go on, and is helpful somehow. While it is a new clue that turning in the medals one triggers the parts collection showing up again, as I stated much earlier, the bug seems to center around all three components somehow.

I hope to research on other toons with similar starting points. Hopefully later on today/tonight.
  13. Chikkin Well-Known Member

The new collection shows up after you've completed the previous tinkerfest collections, at least that's what I think I read somewhere.
    I don't think guide quest comes in to play at all here, just old collections must be turned in

AHA!! From eq2 traders corner TInkerfest write up:
    Once you have finished the older two Tinkerfest collection, you will be able to collect the pieces for "Tinmizer's Medals of Achievement" from the purple shinies located in Tinkerfest celebration areas. Reward for this is a Tinkered Inspiration fluff pet.
  14. Anandra New Member

What Kattt is saying is that the guide quest seems to bug out the original collection while active. The quest prevented a BRAND NEW character from finding the original collection which is needed for the quest. The original shinies weren't showing up while the guide quest was active OR the new collection is not turned in.

So there are two bugs going on relating to the guide quest:
    1. The guide quest is locking out the original collection in certain cases.
    2. The guide quest is unlocking the second and third collections.

And a third possible bug:
    3. Turning in the new collection unlocks the original collection.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Tkia like this.
  15. Kattt Well-Known Member

Again, I think there is misunderstanding or missing of what I am saying here. I am saying the collections are turning up the opposite of what it is purported to do. Anandra is mostly right about what I am saying, though I can add in other factors or odd anomalies. I can only guess here without further info.

...is what I said. I even showed an image above of all the new collection ones I got, without the old ones showing up at all.

I have tried multiple toons now...at least 5-6 or more of them. At best I am getting varied results. Without interaction here or being able to see the coding, or at least interpretation of what it is supposed to do, I can only observe the different variables my toons have present.

For example; I tried one toon early this morning with NONE of the tinker collections completed or turned in. When shiny hunting she ONLY got the new medal collection, or the second collection (Tinkerer's Extraordinary Toolbelt.) The first one (the oldest--tinkered parts) did not turn up at all, as noted above.

Then much later...into the evening, I tried another toon with same situation; she had the guide quest open, had NEVER done any of the tinkerfest collections, and she only saw the first set. So either there was an internal fix, OR, I had a variable different from the previous.

Then tonight I tried like 3 more toons and got varied results. At least 2 toons that had completed the first 2 collections ONLY saw the medals and 2nd collection (Tinmizer's Medals and Tinkerer's Extraordinary Toolbelt.) Those are not the first collection, but 2nd and 3rd. They did not see the first collection at ALL. I am thinking they will show up again, when I complete the medal collection. But I don't know for sure. That is a guess based on the information I am working on.

Keep in mind, I did not know that the first two were predicate for the new one. Neither Kaitheel's original post indicated that (said "New collection! Tinmizer's Medals of Achievement,") nor does wiki indicate that. I do not typically go to Niami/Denmums site for quest walkthroughs. I mostly go there for event and expansion previews etc, since she shares all the goodies. :) I typically go by the forum post or wiki. Neither still say that.
    So, since Niami said that is the case, I will take that as how it is supposed to be. (But understand that is why confusion there.) But it is not working that way right now. It almost seems that in many cases, depending on variables, it is working the opposite as intended. Follow what I mean here?

My thinking is that since one set depends on others, certain circumstances (variables) are bugging it to not work right.
    I am also wondering if the first 2 sets are designed to show up less (or not at all in some circumstances) until you turn in the last set. (Which would mean they assume you have the first 1 or 2, so don't give you more until you get 3rd.)

Anyway, I have spent way too long on this already, without having more info. Need to get caught up on other tinkerfest stuff. However, if Kaitheel, Niami, or another dev wishes, I am happy to test more thorough if they like, with knowing the parameters. (Or I am still flying blind.) I am sure this is not high priority though, with the zillion other things to do/content/bugs/etc. But the offer is there. I am just reporting here the results I got, with as much information as I could gather, to better help locate the bug, should they get the opportunity to fix it. =)

----------------------------------------------

So...TLDR---it is not working right. The original--first set is not showing up in some circumstances. At best the collections are inconsistent which indicates a bug.

Ok, hope that explains it better. :)
  16. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Heh! I know the feeling about efficient "bird killing"; been there, scared the feathers off the poor li'l buggers. ;)

Brilliant testing experiment, though I found it very odd that your newb should be seeing any of the newer collection parts before finishing the original Tinkered Everything one. :-/

Definitely a bug! Nice reporting! :)

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.
  17. cellinaire Well-Known Member

Not have much to say but I REALLY hope the mecha-rhino in heroics will be fixed for next year...bah :(
  18. Kaitheel Developer

I'm going to point to Gelenor's observations here.

19. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Can we have a solo version of this next year? :-/

Uwk
  20. Kaitheel Developer

/insert mal_confused.gif