Tinkerfest Feedback & Bugs - 2023

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Kaitheel, May 12, 2023.

1. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

I have a question, since I haven't done this one yet:

Is there another, non-Heroic version? :-/

Uwk
  2. Kaitheel Developer

Yes.

There's a solo level 120+ version of "Innovation: Tinkerer's Trial" and a solo level 1-119 version (new this year). There's also a tradeskill version.

~ Kaitheel
    Twyla and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  3. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

It worked great with my necro today, go figure.
    On the first try, he went into some kind of berserk mode and nearly one-shoted me and kept super-attacking, I never understood why so I FD and started again.
    I then did a fight where I hit him, left my pet to tank in the middle, ran to the power station, got the bulls eye on me, ran back to the pet, he charged the bull eye and fell down, then I pulled back the pet, put it into position again and started again. This time, he still took damage for some time after going back up. It's weirdish.
    Each time, I leave the brigand to die from the dots in the previous room.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  4. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Excellent, thanks! :)

Uwk
  5. Raeven Well-Known Member

There is a solo version, which does not have the issues the heroic version has. I recall doing the solo last year and it was difficult, but not impossible to kill the rhino as it so often is in the heroic version.
  6. Raeven Well-Known Member

I have repeatedly brought up the issues with killing the last mob in the heroic version of Tinkerer's Trial. Another poster agreed that the final mob has issues, and stated them in more detail than I did.

So far, no one has said whether there is indeed something wrong with this final mob in the heroic instance, and that it is being fixed, or whether I (and the other poster) are just doing it wrong.

It goes live in just a few days, and I assume it is going live with the issues it has. 'Twill be interesting to see how the players on live servers react to it.
  7. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

This is why I keep doing the zone with my second set of chars, they're well geared enough to survive but it's still not "easy-peasy rhino dies before entering the mode".
    Issue probably stems from us not doing it in a full group where one char could be designated to trigger the placement of the charge.

This time, on the necro, I borked my placement once and had the effect of the charge on me while I was outside the purple bull eye zone (by 1-2 meters). I got thrown back and took massive damage (and died).
    I also had the rhino fall down while charging AWAY from the power station.

From my necro observations:
    - mob is immune to the (30) first damages (as stated by one of its effects) so no need to try to blast right away
    - when you get the message saying it's going into overdrive, you can still damage it a bit more
    - as soon as it becomes immune, have pet or main char stay farther out and put other char near the power station until the bull eyes shows
    - go FAR away from the bull eye until you see the rhino charge (there's an issue with width of the effect)
    - it'll fall down. It might have a graphic glitch having it go up and down all the time
    - you can damage it, then you'll see a message saying that he's once more going into overdrive and it'll stop getting damage once you say that you "might find a way" to get him to drop the overdrive
    - stray well away from the power station and when you get the message that it's going to charge, run to it to put the bull's eye down (farther character away from him as stated)

Placement notes/issues:
    - All the quarter of room around the station seems to count as "being close to the station" (I had him drop down close to the column with rumble on the right side when running to the far end of the room)
    - He can desaggro (but not always) when you're on the far side of the room
    - Range of DOT is massive (my brigand dies while standing in the next rooms by the particles)
    - sides of the bull's eye count as "range of charge" so you'll take massive damage even when outside the purple zone
    - it can get stunned when going away from the station
    - it doesn't get stunned when being close to the station with bull's eye on the station (no actual charge but still damage to the char from it)

I don't know how to handle that with a contact char as I'm now using careful tank pet placement to get it done (usually in 3 rounds)
    I THINK you need to tank it near the power station then, after the bull's eye show, run very far away from it. <- THIS seems to be the mechanism triggering the issues. Every time I'm having issues is when I tank near the power station and have the mob following me around. THEN the charge doesn't seem to go to the bull's eye but to my char and I get destroyed (no healer on that combo and AA spec geared to damage ^^).
    I'll retry that last part tomorrow as I did my previous runs trying to get it to work accurately, which seems to work only if you do range damage with a tanking char placed accurately far/near from station depending on the moment (respectively: far when waiting for the charge announcement / close to DPS when he's down) and the DPS char doing the reverse (close to station while waiting for the bulls eye, then far to avoid the charge, then closer to DPS)

Note, as hinted above, that I have absolutely no issue with my main conjuror since the second run which put me well over the heroic cap (dualing with a healer who now just sits and watch)

Do you agree with the above statements/remarks?
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Raeven like this.
  8. Raeven Well-Known Member

I agree with this some. I suspect that the issue does stem from not having a full group, that they don't want us soloing a 120 zone at level 125. Personally I think it is more a dps check than a placement issue. When I have succeeded was when I did enough damage early to drop his health a lot.

This is all very detailed and interesting. You have obviously been analyzing it a lot.

However, most of it does not make sense to me. I remember the solo last year, when the solo was difficult. Pull the rhino to the post, when the circle appears next to post, pull him into it. He usually got shocked. I have succeeded sometimes with the same strategy in the heroic this year. Other times it has not worked. The difference, to me, seems to be how much damage I inflict on him before he goes immune the first time. And in my opinion, it should not be that way. I remember pulling him to the post multiple times each fight last year in the solo, so high dps at start was not needed to make it work. Honestly, I do not remember EVER having this issue of not being able to shock him at all and basically losing the benefit of finishing the instance last year in the solo.

I think the heroic and solo instances should work the same way, just need better stats and gear to be able to survive the heroic.

I will go back in and park my tank pet far from the power post, as you suggest, and I will run to the post. I think what will happen is that the rhino will stay with my pet and never come near the station. My pet is very good at holding aggro. But I will try it.

Thank you for your insight.
  9. Raeven Well-Known Member

Ok, I tried that, and after a couple tries it worked. Had my pet in the middle of the area holding aggro, I ran to the post, the circle showed up under me, and the rhino came charging. I went just out of the circle so the rhino ended up in the circle, and he got shocked.

And I agree with your statement about not knowing how to do it without a tank pet. I think a class that does not have one could not do it, since I don't think a merc can hold aggro. Perhaps I will try it with my wizard and see how it goes.

I would like to point out that solo version can be done with a class that does not have a tank pet, so why the difference for the heroic version? It seems to me the mechanic should be the same, just more difficult, meaning the rhino has more hit points and does more damage.
  10. Raeven Well-Known Member

I went and did the solo Tinkerer's Trial with my berzerker, to see if I remembered it correctly.

In the solo, the rhino stays where he was when it announces he is about to charge. This allows the player to run to the post and be there when the circle appears under them, so it works correctly.

In the heroic version the rhino does not stay where he was when the charge is announced, unless, as Whilheminia said, you have something tankish holding him there. If nothing tanky holding his attention, he will follow the player who aggros him all around the area and never actually charge.
  11. Gelenor Well-Known Member

I agree with you all (whilhelmina and Raeven). The issue is we are trying to complete and progress a heroic zone solo with merc. The encounter is designed for a group. So for a group, one of the group would be positioned the furtherest away at the electric charge and the Rhino would charge that player, be knocked down and the Rhino will be be attackable. When you are solo with a merc this is not easy to achieve at all; Hence pet classes and high dps can bring the Rhino down before immunity or very close and the finish it over time, while any other class with merc are not able to achieve the same result, except over time as I have detailed before.

This zone is a great equalizer for solo to heroic resolve and an invaluable addition to the game. 425 and 430 resolve drops makes it very attractive to a solo player trying to break into H1 resolve. However, many solo classes will struggle with the final Rhino in the heroic zone because of the mechanic. I think we just have to accept that. It is not a free loot zone, the last named you have to work hard for (well some of us do).
  12. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

Thanks for the feedback. I think we found the problem now.
    I completely missed Tinkerfest last year so I didn't know the mechanics at all. I just saw "hug the post" online which didn't work at all in the heroic due to the rhino not charging and following me around.

Yes, this is a great zone but complicated to run and getting the loot is a real reward for hard work!
    I wonder if we could try a group (if we have real healers geared now and not duals like mine) and unlock the other zones in Buried Takhish'iz (at least the first one). I have no clue how hard the bosses are, I don't play on live and never saw the zone. I know the solo mobs (Heroic I) are lengthy but doable now for my Leucosia/Yavannamire pair.
    Raeven and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  13. Raeven Well-Known Member

What I have been doing is farming the first 4 nameds for the gear. Killing the rhino is only necessary for the achievement and medals, and you can get that doing the solo zone, I believe.

So the way for players to leverage up is run the solo for 410 gear (if that is an upgrade) and then farm the first 4 nameds in heroic for 425 gear.

That is what my toons on live servers will be doing when it goes live on Tuesday.
  14. Raeven Well-Known Member

I am up for trying that! About time we did those zones on Test.

I have a guildie who would participate, so that is 2 from my guild. She has a warden, a ranger, and perhaps a swash that are geared well enough, also a shadowknight.

I can provide dps with either my necro or my wizard.

We just need to figure out who brings what and find a time that will work for all.
  15. momzplay2 New Member

I am a bit disappointed that on Kael Drakkel, a server specifically designed for folks who love completing achievements, we are unable to do the quest The Reticient Tinkerer in 2023. As a result, the Tinkerfest achievement can't be completed.

Folks on the server said they were able to complete that quest (and the achievement) last year.

While I understand that expansion availability is limited on KD, is there some way we can complete this quest?

Appreciate you all, and thank you.
  16. Kaitheel Developer

I don't think your fellow Kael Drakkel folks were remembering correctly, as noted by the event notes posted last year:
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq2/index.php?threads/tinkerfest-feedback-bugs-2022.604777/

And although Reticent Tinkerer still isn't available, there's even more on Kael Drakkel to do as part of the celebration this year than there was last year!

~ Kaitheel
  17. Playz4fun Active Member

Thanks so much for the response Kaitheel! You may be right on memories. I know my sometimes is lacking.

And you are correct that there is plenty to do during the event, thanks for that.
  18. Kasa Well-Known Member

19. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

And now for something completely different... ;->

First off, don't get me wrong; I LOVE the new quest/quasi-collection thing, Forgotten Complications. I love that it will inspire us to get even more Cogs, just in case, and that it doesn't have too many steps/"parts" to have to find. :)

What I don't like: not actually having "physical" parts to it that we could save up in a Depot or Bank slot somewhere, even on Heirloom. :-/

What I actually am coming close to hating: having to go out to Antonica, randomly, to turn it in, when the majority of the time (thank heavens), we go to the logical place for such a thing to turn in: Gnomeland Security (a name which still always makes me giggle). :-/

If you're an Evil lowbee in Antonica, you have to worry about the Good guards on the route getting there (avoiding them takes you even farther out of the way); if you're not careful and are any alignment or level, you have to worry about getting gang-...jumped -- by the stupid Shadow Beasts, who really should've been gone once that World Event was over (my two Channelers, whom I created at 1st level like any other toon, have never seen those groups...).

Even if we wait to turn it in after Tinkerfest, there are still ways to carefully make it to a "horse" post to get yourself to GS safely to turn it in, or the turn in dude could be at the Inventor's places in Qeynos or Freeport or even Butcherblock. :-/

Just sayin': imho, having to slog all the way out to the middle of Antonica doesn't make a lot of sense.

Uwk
  20. Kaitheel Developer

Whispers:
    That's just one of the possible places you can be sent to turn in the complications.

~ Kaitheel