Thieves Guild nerf at Patch 17.01.

Discussion in 'General Feedback' started by Andronak1989, Jan 17, 2024.

1. Andronak1989 Member

So i think you forgot a comma or something like that. Because the nerf hit us with 88 Percent.

I would be fine with 30-40 Percent nerf. Maybe 50...but from 32000k Potency to 4000 Potency...??

Please fix that. I used my Celestial Scroll for that...

Have a nice day.
    Nunja, FuRiouSOne, appathy and 28 others like this.
  2. Drona Well-Known Member

Its ridiculous and massive over reaction by dev. Around 30% reduction is fine but this just silly...
  3. Fidd New Member

It's easier to remove the ability completely than to nerf it like this!
  4. Jrox Well-Known Member

My biggest concern is for the players that spent money on the game, used pots and even Celestials specificaly on this ability and now have no way to get that back. When the decision to do so was almost 99% based on this ability.

I echo the above post! "For Shame!"
  5. badname912 Active Member

So many people seem like they jumped on the brigand bandwagon once word got out that TG was actually useful..
    It was the only thing they really brought to the table..
    We've been talking about buffs and fixes to the brig for awhile with 0 changes . And 0 adjustments to their parse, which was also being carried by TG themselves. Now this nerf will squash the brig DPS too not just their buff.
    This is a massive unnecessary nerf.. and if it was necessary needs to be balanced with buffs to the class in other forms, such as personal DPS, and debuffs. A swash should not be able to out DPS a brig single target (just like a brig shouldn't outdo a swash on AoE) but changes like this just wreck the whole class ..

Utility comes in 2 forms.... Buffs and debuffs... Neither the brig has excelled in for a long time.. then all the sudden it's briefly fixed (well more like a bandaid from TG) and less than 2 months later it's obliterated..

So much money has been spent on Brigs this expac when now they are outdone by their counterpart in all 3 things, DPS, debuff, and buffs...

Wonder if they'll give us a refund for everything to allow us to properly main/class change..
  6. Jrox Well-Known Member

As a swash I agree with you completely. Our resident Brig would out parse me on single target although not by a ton. It felt right to be honest. And on AE targets I had the upper hand. Very unfortunate, and I feel for him because he used his premium account celestials on that and Anciented out a bunch of spells to be more viable. This is definitely a kick in the rear.

IMHO There should be a refund process for this... I think it's only fair.
  7. Tyrval Active Member

Look, it would take me maybe 10 minutes of compiling to add up all the fervor, fervor overcap, cb, cbo, potency, effectiveness, etc that every class gives in stats. You can put it in a spreadsheet. You can list the uptimes and build rates of all of them in a graph.

I am just begging, begging, that before any class gets reduced by a factor of seven, to please, please, please, please, PLEASE have a single glance over and notice, 'Oh okay this other class that already outdamages them actually already out buffs them too'. Because it's both true, and makes me wonder 'okay so is this actually a data error where they meant to drop it by 20% instead of divide it by seven, or do they have absolutely no idea what all the buffs of every other class are compared to the people that play this game'

Because I have a guess.

PS, delete all auto attack buffs they were good for like 10 seconds last expansion and have been worthless for the past few years besides that so just don't include them as a factor, thank you.
  8. Harek Member

kind of a bizarre change to begin with, no one is out looking for brigands for this(or anything), it was just something to make them a little less bad
    Ionized, badname912 and Tanithelas like this.
  9. Tigerr Well-Known Member

This might be an unpopular opinion but, the spell was a bit too intense. Not only were people abusing the spell, it was just a flat out nearly 380k blanket potency to the entire raid.

It required 2 brigs in the raid and outperformed the majority of buffs that the bards provide. I'm not saying it should be nerfed into oblivion but, it is very hard to balance raids when a single spell is responsible for 380k+ potency to two groups.
    Smashey likes this.
  10. Tigerr Well-Known Member

If anything, I'd argue that the update shouldn't have been made in this way to begin with so, they wouldn't have to take it away 2 months later.

I'm all for buffing classes but, not in this way. When a brig provides more utility than a bard, with more personal dps, you are going to have problems. Unpopular opinion for sure but, that is indeed the truth.
  11. Harek Member

I'm sure there's a whole bunch of people that would not mind thieves guild not having any buff at all

if brigs went back to shredding mits in a meaningful and desirable way
    Sephris and Taled like this.
  12. Smashey Well-Known Member

TG was insanely overpowered. The nerf was warranted. I personally expected around a 35-40% nerf, not this massive.

Brig should benefit an entire raid with better debuffs and not have one insanely strong ability that covers half a raid. As for group content, having a brig in a group made most content so much easier it was too much.

The problem now is that a swash likely provides both better DPS and better raid buffs because the patch didnt include changes to the brigs toolkit at all.
    Sephris likes this.
  13. Tyrval Active Member

Then nerf it so it isn't a group spell but covers themselves and their one target, if you want to make that argument, but it's still silly because vaunt exists. If you want to make the argument that a group that's like shadowknight assassin swash coercer dirge mystic is going to perform worse than a group that's guardian brigand necro illusionist troub channeler then that's just silly, it just won't, TG doesn't come close to bridging that, and those class imbalances are just way, way bigger of a problem than the existence of TG.

The problem here with bard utility is bards should really be the only archetype having raid wide buffs to begin with, as you have a dozen classes that have buffs that make them light years ahead of their counterparts.
    Stixx likes this.
  14. Tanithelas Member

You’re acting like this about balance it’s not it’s about punishment. They don’t give two craps about wholistic approach to the brigand or any class. It’s their usual reactionary knee jerk crap they always pull every few years. Like when they nerfed assassins into the dust and did same w BL. They’re not about balance and fairness they’re about here’s a squeaky whiny wheel let’s break it that should make everyone happy. Their approach sucks and screams of a lack of oversight planning and vision. Eventually enough people will get fed up with it and abandon this game. And it will be long overdue. Releasing half baked products demanding financial investment in it in forms of research items premium spells being bought etc and then having the rug yanked out from under customers is just what they do and who they are and we should believe what they’re showing us and not what they’re saying because it’s a consistent pattern of behavior. Nothing is going to change. Except random apologizing and apologists who think these poor implementations need defending, just wait until the next cycle when something you’ve grown to enjoy playing and depend on gets yoinked. And that celestial spell you paid 100$ is worthless trash and you need to start over and change classes.
    appathy, Ionized and Noel like this.
  15. Tigerr Well-Known Member

Should probably allow brigs to re-claim their celestials.
    Aethos, Sephris, Perciful and 5 others like this.
  16. Tanithelas Member

You’ve gained +10 faction w brigands..
    Brigands Collective -39,990 scowls at your threateningly
    Back to Swashy we go.
  17. Fenin Member

Why was this nerfed so harshly? This leaves 3 non utility classes that give more potency than a brig now, and most non utility also have better overall buffs than a brig as well. Debuffs are extremely sub par for a brig the last few expansions, so what's the point of having one now?
    appathy, Stixx, Kenway and 3 others like this.
  18. Auxic New Member

So I wasted my celestial upgrade from premium expansion for this spell in which I paid for to get it where it was. I know if I asked for a refund it, I will get the "Oh we are sorry response" so I am screwed on that. Lets talk about what you can do.

The Nerf was suppose to be slight, not a landslide. It no question that it needed a reduction, I agree.

An appropriate "Slight Nerf" would include...
    -If the Potency was even about 11-15k a stack and not 38k.
    - Crit Bonus overcap is set to 7. maybe 35 would be more appropriate.
    -Fervor Overcap to at least match the fervor proc so it actually benefits people.
    - TG not benefit more than 2 people. It was called "Partners in Crime" for a reason.

Test and Adjust from there.....

You can also fix brigands by:
    - AA "Honor Among Thieves" because it doesn't proc and does not give power at all. Stopped working since since Fabled Guk.
    - Amazing Reflexes gives strikethrough, why not at least accuracy, or something more useful.
    - Dispatch mitigation debuff is less than Murderous Rake as a base when it suppose to be the signature debuff for brigands.

I love the class and have been playing it full time since 2006, and even some of the most tenured players left since you give brigands no love. It was nice seeing people playing the class again while it lasted. At least my masters will go back down in price since only a few people will be playing the class again.
    Sephris, Kenway, Perciful and 3 others like this.
  19. Perfection New Member

Unsure where the math came from for the 87% nerf to the Ability Thieves Guild. I absolutely think refunds should be given or return the hitting lv130 GM scroll and Celestial choice scroll, for the Premium buyers, considering almost every Brigand most assuredly grabbed Thieves Guild.
    OR
    Do actual balancing and revert to about 50% from Original to still make it viable and wanted without overpowering the ability.
    OR
    Significantly increase all CM De-buffs that come from a brigand. Thinking probably x3 on all of them to make up for the absolute gutting of a class where almost no one plays, because they do absolutely nothing well.
    OR
    Significantly increase the damage output of all Brigand abilities for the same reason as mentioned above that they do absolutely NOTHING well.
    appathy, Perciful and Noel like this.
  20. Jrox Well-Known Member

"This might be an unpopular opinion but"... IMO, it's no different than an Assassin getting 3 resets on FFU that is already crazy good. To be fair.
    appathy and Ionized like this.