There's something I'm not understanding about combat mitigation

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Sogapa, Dec 8, 2016.

1. Surgeon Active Member

I'm not sure about resolve. The description says smth like lowers incoming and increases outgoing.
    I'm essentially exiled from the community so I don't have any reference or comparisons regarding higher resolve meaning more dps or not, if you're above the resolve needed.

I'm still capable of distinguishing apples from oranges tho, or pears.
    Idk why you believe anyone wouldn't, except if you meant it as an insult.

I feel like those classes needed a buff and combat mitigation was the easy was to buff them.
    So apart from various resistances you now also have combat mitigation.
  2. Mermut Well-Known Member

It was not, in any way, meant as an insult. I've spent time explaining, or trying to explain, various game mechanics to various different people. Some grasp the concept immediately, some with a little bit of explanation and some I've never managed to find a way to get the details across.
    Resolve is somewhat new and (fairly) well understood but combat mitigation is completely new and we have almost no details about how it works. I've talked to people who DID think resolve and combat mit were related.
    As I stated, I wasn't sure if you realized they were unrelated, so I pointed it out.
  3. Meneltel Well-Known Member

Surgeon, as I understand it, if your resolve is LOWER than your victim, for every point below it you are, you take 1% more damage AND do 1% less damage to it. If you are above its resolve, you still only do the damage would do if was a normal mob. So resolve is just to make certain mobs harder. You can fight them with less resolve, but your healers will have to work harder to keep you up and you wont be doing as much damage as you could.

I hope this helps you, sir.