The Year of Darkpaw Crafter!

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by Denmum, Jan 1, 2024.

1. Vuurvink New Member

Ohh I absolutely LOOOOVE this. The giant jar of pickles on the counter cracks me up :D
    Breanna and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  2. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

For the Provies! :D

Way better than that freezer-burn-blue ham on that other multi-crafting all-in-one station... X-P

Uwk
  3. Kattt Well-Known Member

This is amazing and beautiful! Not sure how I missed this when I read original post. LOVE it! Whomever graphically designed this, wow...knocked out of park.

When you say all-in-one...all would mean any crafting including frostfell yes? Or does it only work just like the one we already have from the packs? Because truly having one station for all...would really rock.

Thanks...and really, please thank the person who designed that table. It looks amazing and fun! The attention to detail on it is just awesome.
  4. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Ohh, that would be sweet, to have the FF ones included in that, but I think if it did, it'd have like candy canes and baubles and what-not here and there as well. :)

Uwk
    /wistful_sigh
  5. Aull Active Member

I don't see the January in the achievements? Am I doing something wrong?
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  6. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Perhaps? I think that was the one where you got credit for doing a few "special" tradeskill quest lines, depending on the tier, and got auto-rewarded with a nice-looking Robe in your in-game mail? :-/

Or was that for February... X-P

Uwk
    who's still confused: if we do one mission a month/day/week/whatever, will that count for doing the 12 Tradeskill things, ultimately, or do we have to guess as to what we have to do for each of the 12 achievements? :-/
  7. Saelfina Member

I am so impressed with the art in the game recently, and this crafting station is amazing!

Looking at the achievement requirements, however, I am finding that there may some things I won't be able to "go back and do" as the quests don't appear to be offered if they were overlooked. That is a bit of a disappointment.

I will, however, keep working on what I may have missed (if I can get the quests) and hope for the best.

Thanks again for the achievement information, and I do look forward to getting this lovely crafting station on a couple of toons.
  8. Denmum Developer

Several responses in one post:

January was not labeled with the word "January" in the name. Due to how utterly nightmarish making achievements like this are from our end, it isn't getting fixed. Chances are, you've already made progress on January's "Anniversary Artisan", since it is to craft 1000 items during 2024, and the counter automatically started for that on January 1, 2024.

All of the quests for February, and April-December WILL recognize quests you already did, and any of them that were missed absolutely can be done now. (Make sure you've got feathers displaying for outleveled quests when searching them out. :D) The achievements will not complete until the month listed in their title, and we may need to kick them a couple times during the year to get the achievements to behave.

The artist responsible for the table is Gnobrin, and he always does lovely things for us crafters. <3 I adore this table, and I am very glad that I am finally able to show it off to you.

No, this will not do Frostfell combines. It is like the multicrafting stations that have been cash purchases at various times, and are all your normal stations in one. Frostfell was and is a special case that can only be crafted on the Frostfell stations.

The gloves to the Iron Artisan set ARE availble, but they are on the harvesting quest that arrives on March 1, not the achievement for completing the quest. The questgiver has decided that after you get your hands dirty doing allllll that harvesting through the year, you might want something to cover your hands. ;)

~Mum
    GrunEQ, morderir, Twyla and 5 others like this.
  9. Kattt Well-Known Member

Thank you for the answers to the questions! I guess burying tables will have to do. ;)

Re: Gnobrin...I hope you pass on my huge compliments. I have seen you mention the name before with regards to art. Is there a forum akin to the kinds where we get to know devs for him? I would love to know where his talents developed, the history behind his work and time with Norrath, and even more images of the works he has done, or even lists, etc?
    Artwork in particular interests me, and background info as I am myself a graphic designer (with no where near the talent of this caliber or ability mind you,) and I love to learn this stuff.

Thanks so much not just for the very appreciated responses, but how timely as well!
  10. Denmum Developer

I have passed on the compliments to him, and he's glad that players are excited about the look.

I'm not sure if he ever was hit with the "Get to Know Your Dev" line, and I can't dig far enough back to verify.

He's done most (all?) of the expansion armor and weapons over the last several years, as well as some furniture. He pours out a TON of art for us every year. (Recent furniture examples for me include the doors from the Barren Sky doors series, and the faucets from the Sinking Sands series. He's also done some live even stuff for Kaitheel.) He also does some weapons and armor for EQ in addition to EQ2, so he's a hot commodity, and I try not to pester him too much. :)
  11. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

I see now. The achievements all require completing tradeskill questlines scattered all over the game. Questlines that I already completed because I'm a quester anyway. Looks like I won't have to worry about missing out on the master achievement.
  12. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

HE did those doors and faucets? Oh, bless him a thousand times! :D

He does wonderful work! :)

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.
  13. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Yeah, a number of my highest (currently ;->) level Carpies were surprised to find the Robe in their...mailbox? Inventory? after "finishing" that achievement long ago; anyway, they're pretty cool. :)

Uwk
    who's beyond grateful that we're getting credit for having done things from probably before the Achievement thing was a thing... ;->
    Geroblue and SolarFaire like this.
  14. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

March's harvesting *QUEST* begins at the YoD merchant. Harvest 3000 times from now until the end of the year. No big deal for most people.
  15. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Easy-peasy, but do Ponies count, or does it have to be by our own hands/paws/webbed suckers/etc.?

Uwk
  16. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

One click = one update. 3000 clicks = completed quest.
  17. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Gotcha! :)

Uwk
  18. LarendalAB New Member

Will the TLEs get any extra consideration for some of the achievements? There are quite a few we won't be able to complete due to expansion release limitations. ( and the speculation that Varsoon will be dead after DOV)
  19. Evilary Well-Known Member

What consideration would you need for a harvest quest? Even if everyone left except for 3 players, you can still harvest. It would actually make harvesting easier since there would not be competition. Same goes for every other one so far, there is no achievement that requires a group to complete. They won't shut down and delete your character. The character will just be moved to another server if they were to shut down.
  20. Denmum Developer

No. If you stay on the TLE past the end of the year, then you cannot level up your tradeskill level high enough for several of the later quests, and cannot be considered a Grandmaster Crafter for the meta achievement. That is one of the downsides of being on a TLE server - you get to enjoy the older content more fully, but the newer content is out of your reach. This is why I mentioned in the original post that you would need to be 130 to complete everything.

On the off-chance that you transfer to a live server before the end of the year, you can have some of the achievements completed before you transfer, leaving you less to grind once you hit Live.