The Ultimate EverQuest II Quest Checklist :: New Home!!

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, and New Player Questions' started by ARCHIVED-Arcanya, Feb 1, 2005.

1. ARCHIVED-Arcanya Guest

Heh, you're right... it's also missing Path Of The Warden for the Freeport folks. Will be fixed in the next update. Thanks :)
  2. ARCHIVED-Slaskia Guest

There's also another quest in Blackburrow that starts with a dropped item, that results in with this item: http://eq2.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?eq2item=10091

I forget what the dropped item that started the quest is called though, was a long time ago that I did the quest. when I get on today I'll look at my completed quest list to see if I can find our for sure.
  3. ARCHIVED-Bodaciuos Guest

Holy Crickies!.

Great job!!!!!!!!!!!
  4. ARCHIVED-Slaskia Guest

Ok, quest is called 'Spiked Bracelet' and it starts with a dropped item in BB called 'a spiked strip of leather'. If I find any more quest that are missing I'll post them :)
  5. ARCHIVED-Arcanya Guest

Thanks, I've added it to the list! :)

Now that I think of it... doesn't every class have a neutral subclass (like Warden/Fury for priests)? If so, what are the others... they are probably missing too on the list in both Qeynos and Freeport.
  6. ARCHIVED-Vivax Guest

They say no good deed goes unpunished, and in that vein, Arcanya, I must ask whether you're still finding updates to the spreadsheet? (I don't want to change it if those changes may conflict with future changes of yours.)

Thanks for all the hard work, it's a wonderful resource!
  7. ARCHIVED-Arcanya Guest

Yes, changes are made almost every day to the spreadsheet, and I plan to post an update once a week (on sunday if I get the chance). Tomorrow I will upload a new version which will have about 40 new quests added, including all the "Path Of The..." quests, which I had wrong in the previous versions. I can see how that would be a pain for those who start using the spreadsheet when a week later it is already outdated again, but I don't know how else I should do it but to post my updated version every week.
  8. ARCHIVED-Nelos Guest

That is some awesome stuff. I am looking for a particular quest reward and i figured this may be a rather good place to ask:

Does anyone know which quest gives a Mystical Crescent Axe? I have only ever seen one on a broker and couldnt afford it but would rather like one as its for my current lvl (21).

Any ideas would be appreciated.

thanks very much.

Sceleris
    21 Swashter
  9. ARCHIVED-Nelos Guest

oh and something for those of you who wanted to organise the excel file:

if you select the entire Row 1 and go to format cells, alignment tab. Then uncheck the merge cells box.

Then still selecting the whole of Row 1 go to Data\Filter and select autofilter.

you should then be able to use the arrows on each column to list quests by level/ area etc so that you can group together a particular set of whatever you are looking for in an easy to look at way.

sorry if i am being patronising, im sure most of you know how to use excel, but thought i would just help out some of those who may have been having trouble filtering out the quests they wanted.

Sceleris
  10. ARCHIVED-Arcanya Guest

Awesome, thanks Nelos. I didn't know that was causing the problem, so I unmerged everything as well. So that should be fixed in the update I will post later today. Thanks!
  11. ARCHIVED-Arcanya Guest

Ok, the new version is available for download now. It has exactly 50 more quests than the previous version, plus some fixes here and there and the total has now exceeded the 1500 barrier: it now lists 1527 quests. Woot!
  12. ARCHIVED-Vivax Guest

Arcanya,
    You're developing quite a following. And, to help those throngs of questers, here's an idea of how they can easily update existing spreadsheets easily:

Could you add a column to each quest which would hold a number equal to the last week during which that quest was editted? For example, that column could be all "1" for the first time you add the column, then next week's additions would each have a "2" in that column, etc. (Or you could use actual dates, but that's extra work.)

With that new column and using sorting, it'd be very simple for people to add only the new/changed quests to their existing spreadsheets without having to go through re-checkmarking all completed quests.

Now I have a spreadhseet to update! Thanks again!
    Message Edited by Vivax on 02-13-2005 07:45 AM

P.S. Oh yeah, another suggestion: I removed "Lvl" from column D, and then the quests sort correctly by level.
    Message Edited by Vivax on 02-13-2005 08:24 AM
  13. ARCHIVED-Arcanya Guest

A marvelous idea, Vivax. I'll use the column in between the two character lists and write down the date it was changed/added. Expect this change in next week's update. Thanks!
  14. ARCHIVED-Aragoth Guest

This things rocks, do you mind if i make it available to download on my guild site, also, i just would like to have yoru permission. www.eq2fate.com
  15. ARCHIVED-Arcanya Guest

Not at all, but perhaps you should link to this thread instead of directly to the file in case changes happen. :)
  16. ARCHIVED-vwlssknght Guest

You've missed the ak'anon coin collection, but otherwise a job well done! :)
  17. ARCHIVED-Dansidans Guest

i work with spreadsheeting a lot and could add some useful features if you would like :)
    just think of somethings you would like added

some things was thinking about adding (mind you it would be a chore and take quite a bit of input from the community)
    Quest Rewards
    Links to walkthroughs for the quests
    being able to sort by level AND zone

and anything else you might want
  18. ARCHIVED-Aragoth Guest

thanks, i will link this thread as you suggest just in case of updates
  19. ARCHIVED-Bodaciuos Guest

Thanks for the update:smileyhappy:
  20. ARCHIVED-Drakkett Guest

In order to sort the quests by level, be sure you are not selecting the first row. You are getting this error because the first row contains merged cells. If you highlight all of the data in the 2nd row, then hold the shift and <CTRL> key you just have to hit the down arrow once in order to select all the rows that have data while not selecting the top row. Then just go the Data option in Excel, select "Sort" and sort by column "D".

I know you probably didn't need all of this information, but figured I would add the rest for anyone else that is not familiar with Excel.

Drakkett