The Shadow Odyssey Pre-Order Starts Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Discussion in 'Community News' started by ARCHIVED-Kiara, Oct 13, 2008.

1. ARCHIVED-Kirstie Guest

kela wrote:
    Fan Faire attendees are going to be flagged with the pre-order version of the digital download for this EQII Expansion.
    In terms of what that actually means for stuff most people care about.. you get the all-in-one pack download, the painting for your house and the void beast house pet.
    - K
  2. ARCHIVED-cronar Guest

It is a slap in the face to every long standing customer that you are giving discounts to returnees that came back with the living legacy promo.
    Yeah, I know, it's only 5 bucks. It is 5 bucks you are giving to someone who hasn't been a loyal customer.
    Your long standing customer gets nada.

In all seriousness, whoever is approving the methods of delivery and promotions attached to new product at soe is not doing a very good job.
  3. ARCHIVED-Miss_Jackie Guest

4. ARCHIVED-Gaige Guest

I went to three different Gamestops to pre-order my copy today and all 3 told me they wouldn't have it until the 19th. Release date is the 18th right? I'll be forced to pre-order the DD if going retail forces me to wait a day.
  5. ARCHIVED-Wilin Guest

It sounds like SOE is probably shipping them out on the 18th and you may have to wait until the 19th to physically get it depending on your geographic location. I used to be a manager for an EB/Gamestop and that was not uncommon. Most release dates are ship dates, which may or may not be on the shelf that day.
  6. ARCHIVED-Gaige Guest

Always preordered from Gamestop before and had it the day the expansion went live. Just sucks because no way am I going retail if I miss out on the first night of TSO raiding.
  7. ARCHIVED-ashen1973 Guest

Miss_Jackie wrote:
    Amazon are currently listing the game as 'out of stock'. I emailed them for some clarification (Originally assuming it meant that they would have them in stock for release date). the email i received back said
    'due to low order quantities and supply difficulties we cannot guarantee a delivery date'

So, doesnt look like Amazon is a reliable place to get them from.

We really need some information here.
    Its nice that the red-names take the time to come post info for the fan-faire people. But, im guessing there are a lot more players outside the US than attended Fan Faire, so dont we deserve some attention here.
    What are our alternatives for retail ordering in Europe???

Also, can we get some more information on the inhouse item and mount?
  8. ARCHIVED-Kiara Guest

When I have the answers to those questions, I'll post the answers.

I've asked, and now I'm waiting for a response.

Be patient please :)
  9. ARCHIVED-Killerbee3000 Guest

Miss_Jackie wrote:
    Many made the mistake of trusting them with rok pre orders and then ended up waiting several weeks to actually get it after the launch, also note that the uk version of amazon actually doesnt even mention any sort of preorder bonus.
  10. ARCHIVED-DragonBuster Guest

Ok Great so the expansion is available to preorder....hurrah! Head on over to sony store to preorder but cant because my payment fails everytime i try to pay for it!

Is this just a blip? I know my credit card is valid and the details are all correct. Any ideas anyone?
  11. ARCHIVED-CorpseGoddess Guest

DragonBuster wrote:
    Not sure if this is valid, but when I opened up the store in Firefox 3.0, it said it wasn't compatible with that. Is that an issue for you, maybe?
  12. ARCHIVED-Kiara Guest

Streppoch@Guk wrote:
    This is very valid, actually. I try to always remember to use IE whenever I'm making a purchase through the station store. For some reason it just doesn't love Firefox.
  13. ARCHIVED-nomand Guest

Unable to get to the pre-order page at all here in the UK.
    Click on the link get asked for station name and pass, starts to load it then switches locale to GB and asks for PW again, then takes me to the account maintance area with no option to pre-order.

Does this with IE and Firefox.
  14. ARCHIVED-BulletHole Guest

Kiara wrote:
    LOL they make you pay for the game??
  15. ARCHIVED-Kiara Guest

BulletHole wrote:
    I keep an account that isn't my work account :) And sometimes I like to buy swag. I'm an addict :)
  16. ARCHIVED-Kiara Guest

Xenithia@Crushbone wrote:
    I'll check on this and get back to you.
  17. ARCHIVED-Zmobie Guest

Kiara wrote:
    The reason is, very simply, that whoever you had code the web page and store software is lazy.
    They wrote it for IE, and ignored all the other browsers on the market, like a LOT of online sites do. If I have an alternative place to get what I want when encountering an "IE-only" site, I always use it.

Coding pages specifically targetting IE, and not targetting the current ISO standards is just plain laziness, pure and simple.

And quite annoying to those of us who would prefer to never fire up IE, instead using Opera, Firefox, Chrome, etc.

--Tusk
  18. ARCHIVED-Oxycirrhites Guest

I had one question, for the retail pre-order should the stores have a Dvd box with a code in it? I have been to 3 different gamestop, and Best buy none of the stores even know about a pre-order. Thank You.
  19. ARCHIVED-Kiara Guest

HAH!! Found it.

Mount info!

· Available as a summoned pet from 1-19, after that, becomes a mount.
    · Becomes a mount at level 20 – 20% run speed.
    · Increase in run speed at level 40 – 30% run speed and armored appearance.
    · Increase in run speed at level 60 – 45% run speed and increased armor appearance.
    · Increase in run speed at level 80 – 52% run speed and increased armor appearance.

This item is 1 per character.
  20. ARCHIVED-Kiara Guest

Xenithia@Crushbone wrote:
    They're working on straightening this out right now. As soon as it's fixed and working properly I'll let everyone know.

Sorry about that!