The Shadow Odyssey Pre-Order Starts Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Discussion in 'Community News' started by ARCHIVED-Kiara, Oct 13, 2008.

1. ARCHIVED-Kiara Guest

Let's try this again, shall we?

[IMG]
    EverQuest II's fifth expansion, The Shadow Odyssey, will be available for pre-order starting Tuesday, October 14th, 2008! EverQuest II: The Shadow Odyssey is an all-in-one compilation pack featuring five expansion packs and three adventure packs. New players and veterans alike can journey through a massive amount of exquisite content unlike anything ever before seen in EverQuest II. The Shadow Odyssey stretches well beyond the fantasy realm and propels the EverQuest II world into a new era of excitement and adventure. The latest expansion provides content for players level 50-80, including more than 20 new zones and an achievement point increase to 200.
    Read more!
  2. ARCHIVED-ke'la Guest

Now that we know what Digital is going to get... is the free Fan Faire expainsion attendiees get consitered a Pre-orders for the "Void Pet" reward?

::EDIT::
    also how fast is the Dire Bear?
  3. ARCHIVED-Dawnmeadow Guest

Once again overseas customers get left out... :(
    I didn't get the Buryinai and now I won't get the Dire Bear either...
    If SOE isn't going to bother stocking retail copies in AUS, how about making it so I can get the same reward through digitial download?
    I have NEVER found a game store in Sydney that has even heard of EQ2 let alone stocks it, and believe me, I've tried!
    I think it's really time that overseas customers are given the same privledges as those who play in the States (and I'm sure that some of them even are in the same boat!!).
  4. ARCHIVED-Terranwolf Guest

Wow, the Void Beast house item...
    That item alone could make people rather buy Digital Download instead of retail. (I'm assuming it doesn't come in pre-order retail version.)

I had thoughts of canceling, at least.
  5. ARCHIVED-Torvos Guest

I have two accounts, so I plan on ordering the download for one, and the box for the other. I really don't care about having the void house item or dire bear on my second account though, so I was wondering if I got the DD for my main account, and the pre-order box for my second account if I could use the pre-order code for the bear on my main, and still have the void beat and bear on my /claim list?
  6. ARCHIVED-ke'la Guest

Torvos wrote:
    If they are seperate codes I believe you can. Kinda like you can still add the Collectors Addtion Origanal Release code(if you can find one) and get the baby dragon.
  7. ARCHIVED-Alvos Guest

Terranwolf wrote:
    Yeah I'd rather have the void beast than the bearwarg thing, and since there's no sign of the retail version on amazon-uk yet I'll probably have no choice but to go for the digital download anyway.

Not that I particularly relish the idea of hauling down several GB of data over a 2meg line...
  8. ARCHIVED-ke'la Guest

Dawnmeadow wrote:
    I don't know if you have any guild mates you trust with your money(Via Pay Pal or other protected money transfer), but one option you could use is ask a guild mate from the US(if you have one) to buy the game for you and send you the Pre-Order and Activation codes... as those are the only importaint parts... again only if you trust them.

That said it is SoEs job to get thier game on store shelfs, and they have a hard time doing that in the US, so I can understand your frusteration... I also don't understand why the D2D download is US only(can't you download other titles from outside the US from them?)
  9. ARCHIVED-ke'la Guest

Alvos@Lucan DLere wrote:
    2meg your bandwidth? or your Cap? Cause it should not take much longer then it takes the servers to come up on launchday to download the game with a 2meg line... especally if you use the BETA Launchpad to do it. The Beta Launchpad seems to download FAR faster.
  10. ARCHIVED-Doodar Guest

11. ARCHIVED-Iseabeil Guest

Dawnmeadow wrote:
    Heh, maybe they could allow international customers choose between two different digital downloads, one normal and one with the retail version
    Doubt that will ever happen tho.
  12. ARCHIVED-Powers Guest

Kiara wrote:
    Which is one major reason I have little interest in this expansion.

Powers &8^]
  13. ARCHIVED-Rixot Guest

UK: Play.com and Amazon UK have The Shadow Oddessey Boxed Version listed and pre-orderable
  14. ARCHIVED-Terranwolf Guest

Alvos@Lucan DLere wrote:
    I wonder if they'd do pre-loading. Either way, it shouldn't take terribly long. A few hours probably.

Eyenstein@Najena wrote:
    If you look on there, it states it will open sometime today, October 14th 2008.
  15. ARCHIVED-Lethe5683 Guest

kela wrote:
    It wont download at that speed, I have a 3 meg cap which usually runs at 2.5ish but most downloads are only around 500 kbps.
  16. ARCHIVED-sENADIN Guest

I am wondering what the logic is behind having 2 set of different gifts.

I want the bear and the pet, why are we forced to choose between the two?

decisions, decisions....
  17. ARCHIVED-evil_steve Guest

Just have one question:
    It appears that you can obtain the painting house item from both the retail box and digital-download versions, but what of the "Void Beast Pet" and "Dire Bear Cub"? Will we be limited to having to choose between the box version and DD to obtain one-or-the-other, or will we have an opportunity to aquire both if we purchase only one version? A developer response would be greatly appreciated.
  18. ARCHIVED-Kiara Guest

Xevlan@Lucan DLere wrote:
    The house painting is available with either method of purchase. The void beast is DD only. The pet/mount is retail box only.

Hope that clears things up for you even if I'm not a developer ;)
  19. ARCHIVED-IIIslinkIII Guest

Kiara wrote:
    Know it all...
  20. ARCHIVED-Kiara Guest

Warren@Venekor wrote:
    I wish, I'd so hook myself up with winning lottery numbers * nod *