The Reward for Beta Testing Gets Even Sweeter!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Roshen, Mar 13, 2015.

1. Diddums New Member

Most of New Zealand is like this, although recently 'unlimited' accounts have again become available. They threaten to cap your download speed if you use too much though.
    I just fired up a second account to get the free mount for my partner and this is what was different:
    - The character name gained an 'X' ('heidx').
    - My surname is missing ('case').
    - The camera moved very close to the character so all I could see was his back.
    - The key binds are totally messed up.
    - I had to select and load a UI layout.
    Everything else seemed to be the same.
  2. Diddums New Member

I've just completed this and noticed an unimportant bug: The reward says "blessed sokokar" but the information says "creates item: Carpet of Assured Quality" (which looks like a nice flying rug). The actual reward on Beta is a sokokar anyway.

Drolvargs in the tree area of Kunark Plains don't update the counter. Spiders and skellies do.
  3. Dulcenia Well-Known Member

The carpet was the reward for testing the tradeskill signature line during the AoM beta.
  4. Losadunai Active Member

woops hit reply instead of edit - full post below lol
  5. Kuulei Well-Known Member

If you didn't delete a previous copy of your character and X will be added to the end of the name.
  6. ColMustard New Member

First, there are many areas that do not have broadband due to location and only stuff like DSL or similar is available. Dealt with this quite a bit when I was doing security DVR technical support. Secondly, I understand downloading a fresh install would be ideal but in reality it's not because:
    1. As stated above regarding folks with limited access.
    2. What happens when it DOES go live... they're not going to have/want a "fresh" install from byte 1 and sit there for hours on end when it should work. No, they're going to patch what they already have and that is where you need to see where something maybe broken. Then troubleshoot from there. This is beta testing and that's what its for.
  7. Moonpanther Well-Known Member

Ok copied one toon over Almarek and all his houses copied over and he is able to enter all of them. Items in vault are not there however. Copied Moonpanther over again and none of her houses copied over.
  8. Losadunai Active Member

My character gained an X after her name.
    Keyboard input is jacked up.
    Chat shows I am in it, but went dead quiet about a minute after joining server. My input to chat never appeared on my screen.
    The lag is HORRIFIC. I can barely do anything.
    My quest helper window is messed up.
    Despite copying my UI folder to the beta folder my UI is all messed up.
    Broker isn't working for me, in that I can't buy anything.
    My premium house is there, all items intact, portal working, but I can not enter or exit decorator mode.
    My city houses are there, items intact, still unable to enter or exit decorator mode.
    My merc won't attack when commanded to, only in defense of me.
    I really want to test more but this lag- this is- PAINFUL. I think I will have to pass :-(
  9. TechUp Active Member

For all of those wanting to try Beta but do not want to download the full game again, do the following:

copy your Music and Paks folder from your live Everquest 2 folder to your Beta server folder before you try and switch versions:

e.g.
    E:\Everquest 2\music & E:\Everquest 2\paks to E:\Everquest 2\BetaServer

This save you from downloading about 17GB of files... Just make sure you COPY and not MOVE the folders from live to beta.
    Shmogre and Feldon like this.
  10. Valiin New Member

11. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

if you have problems with lag do the full download
    I was wondering about something else I went ahead an recopied one of my toons and the new version of the sokokar
    is there on Beta I thought we will get the better one also on the live server or do we have to do the whole quest killing 250 something's again ?

and please can somebody tell me where Thunderdome is ?
  12. Yavie Active Member

No, Schmetterling, that isn't working for everyone. I get the black screen of no game when I do that. I have tried to just apply Beta and to download it and neither one worked for me. Maybe they have fixed it by now.

Yavie/Yanu
  13. Roshen Well-Known Member

It's the place where only two can enter, but only one can leave....

We're using this test zone as a place where characters land when things go wrong on the beta server. Saying "I have entered Thunderdome" is not a good thing!
    HaphazardAllure, Awkk and Tierisch like this.
  14. Mellody Member

Does anyone know how to fix the black screen problem? All I get is a black screen and music when I log in the beta server.
  15. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

lol Roshen ok I don't think I ever want to see that place
    and awe Mellody I wished could help you
  16. TechUp Active Member

Try pressing ALT+Enter, that should toggle the full screen mode, maybe that will help.
  17. Feldon Well-Known Member

That's not how it works. You run the beta and complete the achievement and you are granted a claimable sokokar mount on your live account on WHICHEVER character you want.

Flying mounts require level 85. Stats on the mount won't take effect until you reach level 100.
    Juraiya likes this.
  18. Mellody Member

That worked! Thank you so much :)
  19. Dulcenia Well-Known Member

Awkk, Juraiya and Kishkumen like this.
  20. Crashus New Member

Ok..so I did the beta thing last weekend and got the sokokar. So just now, I re-copied my char over to beta server and ran around and checked stuff out. While on the beta server it shows the new stats on the upgraded sokokar. So all is fine on beta. So I log off and relog to US live servers and check sokokar and it's still showing the old stats. Do I need to kill another 250 mobs to get the upgraded sokokar or has it just not updated yet on the live servers?