The next Xpak ideas please list your ideas here please build a list

Discussion in 'Expansions and Adventure Packs' started by ARCHIVED-Beerserker, Feb 21, 2008.

1. ARCHIVED-Alis_Landale Guest

I want the next expansion to arrive at december 2009. Let me enjoy Kunark before please.
  2. ARCHIVED-re1master Guest

Off the top of my head:
    Kunark/Timorous Deep style leveling areas for 25-65 (fun quests, good loot, factions)
    Max Raid size increased to 30/36, to allow for more positions for the normally less needed classes (extra tanks, etc)
    Slower paced more drawn out strategic raid battles.
    Faster mounts
    low level mounts should be cheaper
    more contested raid mobs
    extremely challenging group instances (think nizara when it first came out)
    Class hats on sarnaks :/
  3. ARCHIVED-ke'la Guest

Killerbee3000 wrote:
    You wouldn't have to those Ideas would all come Free as an GU. Though I would prefure them revamp the current graphics engine to rely less on the CPU instead of a wholesale replacement.
  4. ARCHIVED-apasserby Guest

First they should reconsider status reward items and create an option whereas people who are casual or in a small guild could use account age as a factor towards some of those items.Could be easily done and accepted by most people.
    Second..IMHO..Splitpaw was a good lesson in dual zone access..solo/sm gp to the right..full group to the left please.Seeing how well this worked there why not implement this in others?Would not effect the large raid people,but would open up alot of new areas for smaller guilds and combos.Would keep more people active and not adversely effect others.Adjust loot so farming would not be an issue.Do a few test areas and see the results.
  5. ARCHIVED-Besual Guest

Moralpanic wrote:
    I guess the next expansion will come Nov 08. If that expansion won't bring new levels we would have to wait till Nov 09. 2 years without new levels... at leats for me that would be a nail fpr EQ2's coffin (and I think I wouldn't be alone with this). The VP and mythical weapons... You might have gotten your mythical by now. The other players will get them in Jan 09. So what?
    My wish would be 5 new levels: VP would drop from orange to yellow. Yellow mobs would be white / blue and blue mobs would still be green: RoK would be still mostly green+ for players wishing to keep playing that content.

Moralpanic wrote:
    Why not? Kurnak was the first time I had the feeling to play the real Everquest 2. Sure, the specter tower in SS and one or two places in Neriak reminded me on my EQ1 time. But beside that only some names told me I were playing EQ2.

Moralpanic wrote:
    Yes, yes, yes. No new classes are needed.

Moralpanic wrote:
    I like raiding but 3x each week is enough. And many players don't raid at all. A expansion consisting mostly of raid content wouldn't fit the majority of the player base. Less solo and more group content then RoK? Sure, count me in.
  6. ARCHIVED-Iamken Guest

I hit reply real quick to say I would LOVE to see an EQ2 version of Vex Thall...but then I remembered that Luclin blew up...so nevermind.
  7. ARCHIVED-Amphibia Guest

Besual wrote:
    Agree 100%. The non-hardcore folks will have to wait for their mythical weapons until next expansion, minimum. That's long enough, do you ask me. On PvP servers, these weapons are gonna widen the gap between exiles and city aligned players even further, and the last thing we need is two full years with that crap. Right now everyone and their mother (and their dog too) is exiling....

So I hope there is going to be a level raise with the next expansion. That's more fun too, tbh....
  8. ARCHIVED-Shrell Guest

I've said it before and i'll say it again. Expand on Timorous Deep and make it stretch the rest of the way from one to 65.
    -The next expac should expand maybe 5 levels, make em hard.
    -Do away with raid mode and free up developer resources for group and solo stuff. *disclaimer* this will never happen, feel free to unclench cheeks and breath :p
  9. ARCHIVED-Dabbler Guest

Jovie@Guk wrote:
    Jovie has it right here I think. They left lots of empty space on the three islands in Timorous Deep. Looks like they were planning ahead to add mid level content there.
    As for something new gameplay wise, I would suggest a new field dealing with mental powers which would give everyone a fresh set of 'things-to-do'. All the spells/CA's used in the game now are based on magic (thus made by Alchemists/Sages/Jewelers) and a new set of abilities would give everyone from 1-80+ something new to play with.
    Also raise the level cap to only 85 and no new acheivement points unless they extend/expand the trees further.
    On the other hand, if they wanted to expand acheivement points, they could get rid of the existing racial abilities and make a tree for each race.
    On a last note, if they are going to add new lands, why not make it something totally new that no one has ever heard of in Norrath. IMHO this would be fresher and add more fun than rehashing EQ1 Lore. We are 500+ years in the future after EQ1, isn't about time something new and original happened?
    Example: A race of extra-planar bad guys gains access to Norrath through the spires and invasion follows....
  10. ARCHIVED-WeatherMan Guest

Khamul@Nektulos wrote:
    Wasn't the lore behind the Shadowmen exactly that? Or is that something that got changed when I wasn't looking? Wouldn't shock me if it was, tbh...

Anyways...

There is a reason they would 'rehash EQ1 lore'...namely that, like it or not, this is Norrath, and those lands that were there in EQ1 but have not yet been revisited here in EQ2 are not simply going to 'go away'. Only Luclin could realistically be considered non-doable...so this leaves, at a bare minimum, Odus and Velious.

There is precedence and hints for both that have appeared throughout the game (I mean, really...there's a reason all the nexus scions are erudites). Odus was part of the original game, and one of the elder three lands (Antonica/Tunaria, Faydwer, and Odus), and Velious was the first release after the Ruins of Kunark.

Also, there are enough (read 'a lot of' ) old-timers from EQ1 (like myself) who would like to see the lands we explored in the bygone days of Norrathian yesteryear. I would sooner take a stroll through Toxxulia forest, make my way through the ruins of Erudin, or have a spirited debate with a Quellithulian sage in Paineel, than be introduced to something I'd never heard of before. It would be much more satisfying to wind my way through the halls of Thurgadin, or peer into the depths of Veeshan's Scar, than to set foot in a locale that means nothing to me. Both places have powerful appeal to old geezers like me - and there's nothing saying they couldn't be gussied up to satisfy those people who have never set foot on them before (or don't care either way).

Nostalgia was a driving force behind returning Kunark to us, and the devs realized that. Hence, we now have Kunark. And despite any mechanics problems, more people than not are glad its here. And I would be willing to bet that Odus and Velious would also receive a warm welcome (I know I certainly would like to go back to them).

That said, in addition to these two places...

* Scalzo's idea of a LDoN-style expansion resonates quite well
    * Highpass Hold and the Far Seas Trading Company as well as (what's left of) Kithicor
    * A truly neutral city where all may reside (not some boring re-hashed Maj'Dul stuff) - perhaps Highpass or Paineel?
    * For the love of Creation, no new classes. Just say 'no' to Class Clutter! Beastlords...ugh....
    * The islands of Erud's Crossing and Kerra Isle...has anyone stopped to remember that E.C. is just a stone's throw from Qeynos?
    * The Ocean of Tears and (what remains of) The Sisterhood of Erolissi...perhaps bring the goddess herself back?
    * Halas. 'Nuff said.

My two Erolissi coins, for what they're worth now.
  11. ARCHIVED-Urbannaja Guest

I'd like to see race-specific lore/content explored alot more...probably through alot more adventure packs than full expansions.
    Bring back the racial cities that are still not in/create new ones... I'd love to see odus and a full backstory to ratonga as well for example.
    Scalable old world raid content would be pretty fun as long as they can have a shared loot table or something.
    No beastlords...BUT add a beastlordish AA tree that would be suitably not unbalanced so people can live out their beastlord fantasies.
  12. ARCHIVED-Sphiriah Guest

I'd like to see:

-More character slots.
    -A new race .. with almost fully custom animations (Like Frogloks.), and not weird jumpy eyesorish animations (Sarnak). Gnolls perhaps.
    -Velious.
    -No new classes.
    -Maybe a new rank of certain abilities through long heroic quests. Master III?
    -More customization options. New types of clothing for our appearance slots. Perhaps even weapon appearance slots.
    -Revamp Everfrost and Lavastorm. Seriously. These two zones are completely unused. Add some new quest lines, little camps throughout the zone. And make it easier to get to Solusek's Eye so there might be groups there once a year.
    -The merging of CA's. We don't need 500 abilities to spam.
    -Playable Di'Zok or a complete revamp of Sarnak.
    -Very few new AA lines that are unlocked after purchasing a final ability in the subclass tree.
    -A big neutral city. A place where everyone will want to be. Like The Nexus, or Plane of Knowledge.

Not exactly all of this in an expansion, but general things I'd like to see.
  13. ARCHIVED-Tamo Guest

Can someone explain to me the reasoning behind everyone and their grandmother wanting
    A.) a "truly neutral" city
    B.) more new races
    C.) some made up class that has no real lore in the game (read: everything but beastlord)
    D.) Beastlords
    While I'm all for adding more options for people to choose from... let's be honest. There are very few people who have played every class or every race. I have played every class to 25 and to me 24 classes to choose from is definetly enough. There are some balance issues that need to be solved and some that will probably never be solved. So, adding new classes would just mess everything up further. We have 18-19? different races to choose from... that is a hell of alot considering your other choices of MMOs and what they offer.
    Cities... while it is always fun to see new cities. I think it would be better to add ones with no housing. Tbh, I know for a fact I hang out in Danak more than Qeynos and know some people who do the same. I have nothing against immersion and getting into character, but spreading starting characters out even further will only enhance some of the gameplay problems that are at hand.
    Ok... now to Beastlords. Please, let them be. They have done nothing to deserve the constant drudgery that they go through now. I played EQ1... yes beastlords were fun and yes I even tried my at hand at playing one. But the fact remains that they went to save the moon and it blew up. Sure, there could be one lone BL out there, but who's to say he would even want to share his secrets.

I think there are plenty of things that can be added to EQ2 with out expanding class/race/livable cities... and I think that's what this thread is about.
  14. ARCHIVED-Ruggrok Guest

Honestly,
    I think instead of adding alot of new things I would like to see many of the old promised things come to fruition, ahh Master spells were supposed to goto Master 4? Guild halls? and zomg could SOE please spend a year fixing pathing, broken questlines, buggy as hell zones, ghosting in raids, banning hackers, destroying plat sellers, having the words "the encounter is working as intended removed from any response". IMO they can keep the next expansion if they at least fix all the mistakes of the past. I have been raiding since T5 and zones like TTR are still broken and as far as I can tell until more smaller guilds get into raiding the higher end zones and start discovering and complainging about many of these issues then they wont be fixed, dont get me wrong I love this game, and I love all the friends I ahve made playing it. but IMHO I really think this game could be so much better if it wasnt in Beta 3/4 of the time.
    just my 2cp
  15. ARCHIVED-DataOutlaw Guest

My thoughts:
    1. Odus (with Erudin and Paineel as new starting locations)
    2. Highhold Keep Island = new starting location where the secrets of the Beastlord have been rediscovered!
    3. Large ocean between Odus, Highhold Keep, Qeynos, and Freeport
    4. Play owned and controlled boats
    5. Vast underwater XP areas (for solo play) and dungeons (for group or raid)
  16. ARCHIVED-CorpseGoddess Guest

Bring the LDoN to EQ II!

I adored this in EQ I--it was the best grouping experience I ever had. So much fun, easy to do, fairly quick, great rewards---plus the atmosphere was fantastic. The crypt and the vampires made my Sad Olde Goth black heart so fluttery...
  17. ARCHIVED-WeatherMan Guest

Bartlby@Mistmoore wrote:
    I cannot answer B, C, or D - I think there are enough races as is. If they insisted on a new race, they should stick to established ones (kedge, drakkin, etc), but really...I think we're doing peachy race-wise.

Class-wise...please, by all that's holy, no more! I agree fully...stop kicking over the beastlord's headstone. And a new class other than the beastlord? Puh-leeze. Never going to happen. If the devs did suddenly buckle on this, the beastlord would likely get top billing, so it is impossible, at best, that a newly-conceived class would ever be introduced.

Now...Item A....truly neutral cities...that I can toss in an answer for. Well, my opinion, anyways.

Eventually, there has to come a point where there is one (or more than one) common interest, goal, or idea among the populace, regardless of deity, nationality, or creed. Maybe 'Dolores the Paladin' is a collector of rare antiquities, and who better to see about the Shadowed Funerary Urn of Ooblid-Miskadorak than 'Necromancer Dave'? Dolores can't simply walk into Neriak to chat with Dave about this doohickey - she'd be turned into Koada'Scraps in half a tick. What's the solution?

Here's one. This is just an idea, mind you - I'm not saying this is the best idea, or even a good one...just an idea:

Let's say someone discovers a book on a stand, standing all alone in Nektulos Forest, a stone's throw from N'Mar's Ascent. They touch it, and instantly find themselves standing on a flat plain...containing run-down buildings, a crumbling wall, and a dark and a shadowed marketplace that causes their footsteps to echo ominously through it's empty hallways. That's right, someone discovered New Tanaan, abandoned and unused, with it's much-vaunted transport system almost completely disabled. Specifically, any book you touch sends you right back to the same book you touched before - none of this 'beam me up from Freeport, beam me down to Rivervale' stuff.

Anyways, this person decides that good ol' N.T. can once again serve a purpose, a place where anyone can assemble, talk, trade, debate, and yes, live, all without fear of 'The Queen' or 'The Overlord' (or whoever). Maybe Dolores and Dave are a married couple in Real Life, and they would prefer to settle together in a city where both their characters can avail themselves of all services without having to go to that ridiculous Maj'Dul place. Sure, Dave could get a pad in Gorowyn, and Dolores could move in to his place and use pretty much everything there...but she's not a citizen, and doesn't actually belong there. So a truly neutral city does have a purpose - whether one agrees that it's truly needed or not.

Oh...and I agree with Sphiriah...more character slots. At least one more.
  18. ARCHIVED-kuraan Guest

Guk. Not that "Deepest Guk" crap from LDoN, the real damn deal. I wanna see that place done with the attention to detail that Unrest was.

Another character slot.

Shard of Hate.

Luclin would be cool too. Don't start with the "oh but it's been destroyed" argument; there's plenty there to support the possibility of it reforming, especially with Luclin (the goddess) involved.
  19. ARCHIVED-Belaythien Guest

I don't really want a level increase though. Something like EoF would be nice, i.e. new content that doesn't make the old content irrelevant. Every level increase always results in having to stop playing yet another alt char. That makes the game less enjoyable because of the lack of variety, in my opinion.

I'd love a graphics revamp; especially animations and transitions between different animations (e.g. swimming to walking, riding to walking, casting one spell to another); things that would make the game more immersive. There are so many jumps, jerks and gaps in animations that always make me want to look away :D.
  20. ARCHIVED-Dreyco Guest

If they don't raise the level cap this expansion, that will mean two years that there won't be a level cap raise. That's a long time. If they do indeed decide to do that, they will need to figure out a rather nice alternate method of advancement to compensate for it. Some people aren't level 80 yet, no, but a lot of people are, and will be. Heck, even I will be, and I play really casually. If there's no advancement method introduced in the next expansion? That's a year of doing nothing but maybe farm another set of set gear, and talk about boring.