The next Xpak ideas please list your ideas here please build a list

Discussion in 'Expansions and Adventure Packs' started by ARCHIVED-Beerserker, Feb 21, 2008.

1. ARCHIVED-Beerserker Guest

Please list what you would like to see in the next xpac but im sure soe is already developing it yet.

I would like to start first
    Would sure like to see a Grand Arena where we can put plats into duels, win trophy's, start small tournaments for loot, etc. Class specific epic armor much like the weapons added in LU43 (upgradeable please). Epic spells only through epic quest for each class would be nice. A lot more fun spells that actually do something and fun. Just take a look at swash fun spell i cant see weapon speed lol. Events? where the giants attacking the city lol. More armor types color types and dye.

Add: Yes beastlords for Qeynos & evil beastlords for freeport or beastlords for both.
    Able to make our very own signature weapons (good but not better than epic drops) - more like legendary crafting weapons. Let us in Qeynos castle lol would be nice someday. A new set of AA line for each class if possible (example your character is specialized in crushing weapons/2hand/1hand), more fun spells lol (update /dance), we need boat instance more than one please, a guild boat for traveling or something (high status upkeep req), PvP island for non pvp servers lol, 2hand weapons still suck need to unsuck them please, oh did i mention epic armor sets non-dropped only thru quest, **timed group quest** would be fun instead of grinding quest updates, **more x2 raid zones**, more gigantic architecture like the dwarven city Mines of Moria from LotR the movie with super fantastic music. A time portal when freeport & Qeynos fought their war with orcs & ogres not sure how that is possible lol. Upgradable summons (apply armor/ etc), apply armor to mounts etc.

Thats all i can think off please share with us what u want to see in the next xpac.
  2. ARCHIVED-Grimlux Guest

• 1-90 Content
    • New Race - Gnolls
    • New Class - Beastlord (With special pet for each race) Yep. EACH race
    • Velious
    • Tradeskill/Adventure quests. An epic tradeskill quest that you can start as a level 1 artisan and work on to level 90 crafter ending in a extremely amazing shawl =p err.. or whatever.
  3. ARCHIVED-gith Guest

Ok here are my ideas, and they are not the conventional increase level cap, aa, quests type, although these are good too!

• Taverns. This is a biggy for me, currently taverns have no real purpose in this game, as someone who's played a lot of fantasy genre games, Taverns are an important aspect to the fantasy world, and if given a purpose in EQ2 would provide a useful social hub for people. My ideas for its purpose are that each Tavern should have its own faction that you can gain faction with, also whilst in a tavern it should recover characters Vitality(at same rate as being offline), this will represent your character relaxing from a hard days adventuring. High faction with a tavern will change tavern npc reactions, and allow you to buy unique items from a faction merchant in Tavern( eg souvenir mugs, house items, and also titles ‘patron' etc). The most important thing the Tavern should have is the ability to be able to sit down on chairs. This in the past has been asked for a lot, and apparently not technically possible due to sizing issues. My solution is make an additional animation that lets you sit on a Spawned chair scaled to your character, an Item that could be purchased from a bar faction merchant. Finally part of this is put a small mini game that allows people to play against each other and bet in-game money. The game should only be playable in the tavern. Perhaps even a clicky leader board on the wall that displays champions etc. Quick recap then:
      • Give taverns a purpose. Vitality recovery whilst inside it.
      • Tavern Faction that you can earn. Faction rewards.
      • New ‘Sitting on Chair' animation.
      • Mini pvp betting game in taverns only.
    • Revamp old world content, allow benefits for high faction with different groups like in RoK, faction merchants, unique items....
    • More housing. Allow housing in some of the interesting Villages in Norrath, Windstalker village, island of Mara, somborn etc. This should be a reward for high faction with the local inhabitants.
    • Make Maj'dul a starting city of Neutrality, with a 1-20 newbie garden. Those who betray could shelter in Maj'dul or settle there permanently. A little revamping of Maj'dul would be required to make this work, but not as much as creating a whole new city.
    • A new starting city for the forces of good.. Rivervale? Halas?
    • Velious, I like many others would like to see the re-discovery of Velious realized
    • Revamp old world raid content for high level use.. Scaling raid content perhaps.. There' a lot of raid zones out there, that are being ignored because there is no reason to go there.

**Edited for spelling and bad sentence structure!**
  4. ARCHIVED-Killerbee3000 Guest

replace the graphics engine, fix the animations (no more lower end of robe around your head, no more weapons stabbing your mount and so on). revamp old world content, seamless cities, new armor types, well, even if it doesnt sound like an expansion, i'd still buy it.
  5. ARCHIVED-Vaclabe Guest

I would like to see some sort of guild hall.
  6. ARCHIVED-Mendou Guest

First off I really like some of the ideas about the taverns above. Vitality recharge would be awesome. It'd be nice if guides/gm's hung out in the taverns occasionally to give quests or host events. Now here are my little ideas:
    • Racial Epic Quests - A lore driven quest for each player character race resulting in a unique item, pet or fluff spell. The items should be tagged LORE, placeable in your home (as with HQ items) and obtainable by a character of any alignment.
    • Guild Halls
    • MORE CHARACTER SLOTS (one can dream)
    • A logically small(er) mount for the wee races. (Seeing fae/arasai on a teeny-tiny rhino is just... odd. Amusing, but odd.) Perhaps badgers, a feline mount, maybe a smallish reptile or a burro (lol). Something with a low profile is what I'm thinking.
    • A good/neutral starting city... something along the scope of Neriak/DLW would be fine. We need a fresh alternative to Qeynos without the hassle of running through Gfay/BBM every time we need to travel. Also, make the itemization competitive with TD so that the good aligned characters don't have to flock to kunark to compete. Heck, even attach it to Antonica if need be, just like DLW is attached to CL. (I'm lore illiterate so I've no clue if this would really "fit".)
  7. ARCHIVED-Tamo Guest

Grimlux wrote:
    Have we already commenced in beating the usual dead horse? I really wish people would send me the memo.
    I think the content with RoK was setup nicely. Add to the bottom and top end of the content and leave the middle to the older content that is still viable and marginally under utilized.
    A couple things I would like to see is revamped Qeynos/Freeport starting Island. As of right now they are extremely weak options for starting characters and even Kelethin lacks the depth that Timorous Deep does. Another addition that I think would be interesting would be a level 20 class hat quest similar to that of the Hooluk hat. It doesn't have to be a game-breaking uber hat, but the appearance to go with the Armor Quest armor would be nice, not to mention an updated appearance to the affore mentioned armor would be nice.
    Other than those additions I can't think of any specific time of Eq1 I would want them to bring back... yeah Velious would be nice, but I want to see what NEW land was created as a result of the shattering.
  8. ARCHIVED-Shrell Guest

-Advanced artisan paths that allow you to master a second skill line.(like ding 80 sage, start on jeweler but not lose sage part)
    -Racial specific armor recipe's. (i really wanna see that cat hat the high elves used to have :D)
    -Access into the castles in qeynos and freeport.
    -beast lords as well. (make em group dependant, i dont care, just make em)
    -lost dungeons of norrath type set up on existing continents. MORE DUNGEONS PLEASE!!!
    -The missing chunk of land in kunark between kylong and jarsath. (please add dalnir with it)
    -outdoor full on instanced property. Make em expensive, but give me a virtual plot of land to build a house, a real house that i can have a farm on and whatnot. No not takling housing littered all over the place, it can be done like current instanced housing where we all share the same spot. I want a yard with a picket fence and pigs in a sty!!

-bring back the najena dungeon.
    -bring back the missing northern tip of norrath. Halas on the west to the DoN territory on the east.
  9. ARCHIVED-kuraan Guest

Might see the Arena if we ever get an expansion that covers the Straits of the Twelve/Moors of Ykesha area, as it originally existed in Lake Rathe... Though if Velious truly has melted, it's likely more swimming pool than arena now.

I'd rather see Luclin or Velious before Odus/Straits/Moors, honestly. There's more viable storyline options there than the other areas.
  10. ARCHIVED-Moralpanic Guest

NO NEW LEVELS. Instead, expand or make a new AA type system. I can't see them adding new levels anyways... that would trivialize VP and half the server would have their mythical epics within a month.

NOT another EQ1 expansion. I love nostalgia as much as the next person, but lets get something new going now.

NO NEW CLASSES. Sorry, but this isn't happening. We already have 24, we do not need any more.

Make it more raid oriented. Planes of Power was an expansion that made even casual players raid, and that's what we need. An expansion that's almost purely raid, one that will get even the casual players raiding. Make some 2x zones, and some really fun zones similar to Unrest (but requiring 2x raid).
  11. ARCHIVED-Acerimmer Guest

I would really lilke to see something brand new that isn't associated with EQ1, too.
  12. ARCHIVED-Mins Guest

- NO MOUNTS IN BUILDINGS (BANKER especially)
    .......................... (get that drooling dog off me, you barbarian)

idea: maybe some kind of transparent water, since the horse graphic disapears when in water, maybe they can just turn off the animation for swimming...

- NO PORTAL SPELLS NEAR BANKER - (I hate ending up in KJ when trying to bank)
    .......................... (you druid noob, go outside to make a portal)

idea: maybe they can put in a item (invisible) that prevents the creation of portals with-in x-range, i know they have the ability to prevent the evac in some instances... just tie that to an item and range...

ideas are just that ideas - if you don't like them personally - go play in traffic... hahah

edit: type-o's
  13. ARCHIVED-TheLopper Guest

Moralpanic wrote:

Make it more raid oriented. Planes of Power was an expansion that made even casual players raid, and that's what we need. An expansion that's almost purely raid, one that will get even the casual players raiding. Make some 2x zones, and some really fun zones similar to Unrest (but requiring 2x raid).

Umm.
    No.
  14. ARCHIVED-Aurorum Guest

15. ARCHIVED-kuraan Guest

Moralpanic wrote:
    Couldn't possibly disagree more here. Maybe fleshing out the raid content wouldn't be a bad idea, but let's not devote an entire expansion to it. EQ2's playerbase isn't nearly large enough to support such divisive move.

Even if you did make an all-raid expansion, it'd still only take the top guilds a couple of weeks to burn through it (assuming no Vex Thal-style timesinks), and we'd be right back where we are now.

While we're on the subject though, I'd say we can probably do one without a level cap increase. EQlive survived a long time by widening the game as much as they lengthened it (maybe even more than they lengthened it) and there's no reasonable reason to think it couldn't work here too. Let's have add an advancement method that doesn't include more levels for this one.

I think the mythical epics might actually be onto something, with the augmentation of existing abilities, especially the ones that encourage class interaction. Let's see some useful modifications to spells and abilities that aren't gained via AA.

Oh, and maybe some proper HQ's.
  16. ARCHIVED-scalzo Guest

A LDoN expansion would be nice. Allot of dungeons in the old world zones. Make some nice rewards for dedicated players on it. Lift the cap on AA's. No more new races lol.
  17. ARCHIVED-Stradeus Guest

1 - Beastlord
    2 - .... and beastlord!
  18. ARCHIVED-Amphibia Guest

Moralpanic wrote:
    This has got to be the worst idea ever, no offense.

That would just be extremely casual unfriendly. This isn't EQ1 anymore, mate. SOE is in constant competition with other games now. To make an expansion like that is something they will probably never do again. Why? Because it would drive so many players away and they would lose a massive amount of subscriptions. A lot of players just don't enjoy playing like that. Raiding should never be more than chosen playstyle for the folks who enjoy it, and not something that anyone should feel that they need to do!
  19. ARCHIVED-dawy Guest

Moralpanic wrote:
    I agree with you almost with this..it'd be suicide to make a "raid" only xpack,just wont happen i'm sure

But its time now for the devs to come up with new zones not just rehashed EQ1 content its time for something new

No new classes theres more than enough and its something thats been stated by many devs over the years wont happen
  20. ARCHIVED-Guy De Alsace Guest

• New content instead of rehashed EQ1 stuff. Not all of us played EQ1. Personally I'd like to see an underwater city and a new race - the Yha-Lei.
    • More intrinsic benefits tied to pieces of equipment. Using two of the same weapon as a dual wield giving a dex bonus for instance.
    • Replace the ageing engine.
    • Introduce multi-classing!