The new queue system on TLE PVE Beta!

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Sneakle, Jul 8, 2015.

1. Freddie_Mercury Member

the fact they even are considering a Queue system shows how clueless they are TBH... not a good sign for things to come...
  2. Wrathis New Member

https://twitter.com/TheWindstalker/status/618785252077481987

You're playing on a beta server right now. They are more than likely trying to avoid the problem they had with Ragefire on EQ1. They want to have the queue already created in case it is needed. Plus it's a Wednesday morning/afternoon this isnt quite peak playtime so when else should they test a new queueing system on a beta server?
    HaphazardAllure likes this.
  3. Siren Well-Known Member

Testing feedback:

Have sat there for an hour waiting, and queue has gone from 1 hour 24 minutes to 1 hour 57 minutes.

I have the feeling this is going to go on all day.

Well, I appreciate that Daybreak is trying to give us a TL-PvP, against their better judgement probably, haha. I just hope they leave the servers up long enough after the player base can finally get in so that actual in-game bugs and odd holdovers from live (WF announcements, not to mention Kylong Plains announcements which aren't even in the game here, etc.) can actually be addressed before launch.
  4. Ardur Duradan Well-Known Member

yall are fiends
    oakmiser likes this.
  5. WONDERCHILD New Member

1 hour and 21 minute wait then 2 hours later 1 hour and 49 ok ok ok
  6. supernova Member

I've been at 1:32 for over an hour now... o_O
  7. Sneakle Member

I got in before my timer ran out, about an hour wait eventhough the timer didnt tick down.
  8. Dhuin New Member

It's a beta server. With beta code. That we're beta-testing.

Actually, to be fair, a lot of different VG Companies have thrown around alpha and beta-test for various stages of their games that the terms have lost most meaning. In this case, we're helping them test this code out. There could be 0 people in the queue and they're testing out external hooks to modify the queue itself, or testing out monitoring code, or who knows what.

Just chill, breathe, and realize that you're doing them a favor, not being denied a service. If you love EQ2 and want TLP to be the best it can, then participate. If it's going to piss you off because you want something you can play right now, it may be best to hold off.
    Charlice and Rhodris like this.
  9. Caith Developer

Beta is on beta server hardware, which is limited since we typically do not see large numbers on beta, the player limit reflects that, and is not an indication of the limits that we will see on live.
    Siren and Rhodris like this.
  10. Ardur Duradan Well-Known Member

on the contrary. It is usual for people to pay actual testers to alpha test and beta test, or let them do it for free. Alot of people just payed a sub to test the server, and while on one side we did commit to that and are at fault. I think the fact that the devs went totally silent weeks before the release ( when they were chatting it up left and right) and how beta currently is looking is pretty telling as to why they didn't say anything. They knew that most people looking for a classic or close to classic experience would be unhappy. So they stood a better chance at making some money by being silent and not honest about what they could complete. Was xp rate changed like they said? Not even. Was any internal class testing/balance done? Doubt it.

So naturally I can understand why some would be mad for having to pay for what some might see as a broken promise. And this current situation only shows how important constant contact with your customers is. We all know this game is what it is. But seriously, honesty is the best policy here. Tell us what you can do, tell us what you cant. Don't just stop talking to us, and neglect questions or valid concerns from your customers ( who are ridiculously loyal in comparison to other games, we don't call this game expansionquest for nothing!) Answer these questions as detailed as possible so that you leave no stone un-turned, because I promise you that for every question you don't want answered there is about 5 angry neckbeards who will be asking about it. This is the nature of leaving people who get heavily invested unsatisfied.

So this is the path that DBG has taken. Some like it because they wanted this now, others might have a bad taste in their mouth. But now the risk is theirs alone because if beta is an overall unsatisfactory experience. The majority of the people who subbed for beta wont sub again. Which sounds difficult on the players.

"Hey test this possibility of your expectations but pay for it."

"ok well we were only able to do x amount of fixes. Now start all over, and do it again, and keep paying for it hope you like what changes we were able to make."
  11. Mermut Well-Known Member

It was very clear from what the devs said (in the Twitch stream and in the forums) that it the TLE servers were not going to be 'classic' EQ2. They were very upfront about it from the get-go.
    No reverting crafting, gear or how stats worked. No revamping of classes...
    Mostly just limiting the actual content to the various expansions, not any mechanics changes

If people were expecting otherwise, they weren't making use of the information resources that were readily available.
    Rhodris and Charlice like this.
  12. Ardur Duradan Well-Known Member

They stated that they were reverting XP levels back to what they were at launch. Now I don't know about you but at launch it took a day to get to 10 at the least.

As for class balance, they should expect to do that on pvp servers. I'm not talking about class changes. just balance the existing system. thats all. every class should of been internally tested before beta at the least. I dont think that is unreasonable to expect.