The Necromancer FAQ, with pictures (updated 11/08/05)

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by ARCHIVED-El Chupacabras, Oct 3, 2005.

1. ARCHIVED-Sarduscious Guest

This is a good FAQ, though one thing I'd comment on that could be changed ...

The list of *suggested* spell upgrades per tier is ok info for a total beginner, though a bit too opinion based for a faq -- a more useful list would be what the 4 spell choices are per tier for the master 2 upgrade selection as the link provided for a complete spell list is broken, and the stickied post on spells here is really only concerned with end game / t7 necros so not at all useful for the other 60+ levels of gameplay :smileywink:
  2. ARCHIVED-Jasuo Guest

Though it's from an outside source and I'm not really all for that kind of thing, here is a link to exactly what you are looking for.

Necromancer spell listing/ possible upgrade path

I didn't follow it's advice, but then again I didn't know about it till after I hit 50 (pre DoF release).
  3. ARCHIVED-Sarduscious Guest

Thanks for the link -- it's good for being a complete list though not anything I'd recommend to others in terms of the advice it gives re: what spells to upgrade or not -- a couple of examples that make me laugh is saying our buff spells aren't worth bothering to upgrade, or that our stun line isn't worth an upgrade at all either even though at adept 1 it's resisted more often than not. Opinions on spells will always vary widely depending on how you play a given class though, so I tend to just stick to finding out what works best on my own :smileyvery-happy:

At any rate, thanks again -- I did notice that this faq hasn't been updated in a while, so just thought I'd mention what could be added to a future update ( should one happen ) that might add to it's utility.
  4. ARCHIVED-stgninja Guest

Ok I just gotta say before you join a group always turn off pet protect self and protect me...unless your pet is the main tank. That way your pet is only attacking what you tell it to. So if your in a group and your pet is always getting aggro/breaking mezz and dying this is probably why. Pressing pet back off turns these off in 1 shot.
  5. ARCHIVED-gizzardgulper Guest

Hi, nub necromancer here with a question about pulling. The FAQ suggests to pull a mob by having pet run up, do a hit, and run back to you. Wouldn't it be easier to just zap the mob with a long range spell, then sic the pet onto him when the mob is almost upon you? is there a downside to this method which i dont know about yet?
  6. ARCHIVED-Xaneth Guest

No, it wouldn't as it would then put threat on you from the start instead of on your pet (which is where you want the threat to be focused). Generally solo, you pull with pet and then assist it as you would any tank. Also, don't start off with your most powerful spell once the pet IS on the mob, as it can draw attention. Work your way up to the big damage with your debuffs and DoTs. Unless you've got exceptionally high sta etc you really don't want the mob(s) on you because you wear cloth and they will probably bite you pretty good, possibly killing you if you're not of lvl to use Feign Death yet.. Your tank pet can take those hits, mostf Nec especially earlier in lvls, can't. Later on in lvls when you get higher sta and such to take the beating and different equip, THEN you can play around with not bothering with a tank pet at all and tanking whatever yourself. I've got a ring that triggers and heals me as well as does damage to the mob, so usually my pet gets no time to tank with me just laying into whatever i'm pulling from the start. Again though, earlier on this is really not recommended. ;)
  7. ARCHIVED-Duskwood Guest

think its about time to update this o_O a lot of it has changed.
  8. ARCHIVED-Solarax Guest

i can tell you all that the adept3 version of our level 77 tank pet has 145 more HP than our 66 master pet tank.

i know im comparing a a adept3 against a master but i would expect our next tier pet to have a slight bit more HP
  9. ARCHIVED-Virulence Guest

Solarax wrote:
    145hp is very minor, around 1% of the total hp when buffed.
  10. ARCHIVED-Sabutai Guest

Virulence wrote:
    but its on a horse

and looks cool

and actually holds agro. HP gain is minor.
  11. ARCHIVED-Shumanjo Guest

Someone with knowledge should update this.

I am new to the game so i will not be me :) but as I understand it alot have changed, and the http://eq2necromancer.com/ link
    goes to a goldseller/powerleveller site.

/Shumanjo
  12. ARCHIVED-Sosumya Guest

Here is my updated idea of the necromancer..

feedback is encouraged
  13. ARCHIVED-Pales Guest

That "update" shows a lot of what you think about the class, Sosumya.
  14. ARCHIVED-Xil Guest

Sosumya@Unrest wrote:
    That should about cover it...
  15. ARCHIVED-Sosumya Guest

Paleskinn@Runnyeye wrote:
    care to clarify your statement?
  16. ARCHIVED-Sosumya Guest

Xil I am sorry, if you use ACT you will see OOze Pet does nothing.. literally. and bats is a filler spell at best.
  17. ARCHIVED-Xil Guest

Sosumya@Unrest wrote:
    However if you look at the detrimental effects bar of the mob you see that the ooze pet does infact apply the curse regularly as well as do a tiny amount of damage(which you can also see in ACT).
    So nothing is a bit of an exageration...
    It is a great disadvantage to DPS to use the Ooze pet no doubt but the curse is effective from time to time in both grouping and raiding situations.
  18. ARCHIVED-Sosumya Guest

Xil wrote:
    it was a great concept with poor execution and the hit rate was horrible at best.. and being so gimped on DPS against other mages the pet loss - especially with having the mythical.. is too much to justify the use of the ooze pet.
  19. ARCHIVED-Xil Guest

Sosumya@Unrest wrote:
    So true. The Ooze pet should have never been a primary pet it should have been a secondary pet or a debuff added to the primary pet. Or at the very least been able to DPS as a scout or mage pet can.
    However the original point was that there is really no place else to put those points that would be an effective use of them either so it's better to have the pet that is useful once in a great while than just throwing those AA's on something that doesn't matter like Necro Healing.
    Currently though I've removed these points in favor of points in Shadows but will likely return them after I have maxed out my AA's again simply because there really is no place else to put them.