The Necromancer FAQ, with pictures (updated 11/08/05)

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by ARCHIVED-El Chupacabras, Oct 3, 2005.

1. ARCHIVED-El Chupacabras Guest

Thanks, and yep, the stacking issues are fixed (except for buffs, only one necro's group buffs work).
  2. ARCHIVED-Tyralus Guest

No, no re-write is required... I just need to get these darn eyeballs fixed... once again you have made me look silly. /blush

I guess the only down side to your wonderful post is that it is too darn comprehensive for us that are time challenged and need quick answers. I have tried printing it out so I can look at it while playing, but it is updated pretty often and I find my copies go out of date rather quickly... heh heh. Once again El Chupa... I am in your debt... thank you so very much for making me slow down and re-read it all again, it was worth it. [IMG]

Gilron
    32 Necromancer Mistmoore
  3. ARCHIVED-El Chupacabras Guest

A fairly specialized trick and one I'd think you can accomplish by just bringing your pet with you and sending him in when you have a LoS then backing off. I did add a LoS topic though, thanks for the input.
  4. ARCHIVED-Ebonmist Guest

*stunned silence* woah....:smileysurprised:
  5. ARCHIVED-Erickson Guest

ELEWOOD!

mob = monster or beast not mobile object =p

Erickson!
  6. ARCHIVED-El Chupacabras Guest

Mob (computer gaming)
    From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
    Jump to: navigation, search
    A mob is a non-player character (NPC) or monster in a computer role-playing game (especially MUDs and MMORPGs). It is widely accepted as being short for mobile object or simply mobile, stemming from its use in the earliest text-based MUDs, and is commonly written either mob or MOB (the latter more often considered an acronym of Movable Object Block, a term for any on-screen moving object, or sprite). There appears to be some debate on the exact origins or the term, and backronyms such as "monster or beast" and "mere ordinary beast" have been developed.
    In the software from which it came, it is important to note that there are three basic structures of the database, rooms, objects and mobiles, which are objects that can be attacked, are aggressive (may attack the player), and which wander through rooms when permitted. Because they are mobile, mobile was the term used to describe them.
    Killing mobs can give such rewards as experience points and items. Usually the combat is player initiated, however, if the mob is "aggravated" or has aggro, it is configured so that it will challenge a player who enters within a certain range. This area is known as the aggro range. Combat between players and mobs is called player versus monster (PvM) or in a broader sense, player versus environment (PvE); as opposed to player versus player (PvP) battles where the emphasis is on defeating an opposing player rather fighting against the game system.

I didn't write that explanation nor did I copy it but it's almost word-for-word what I define as mob.
    Edit: And here's the definition from the everquest online adventures website, don't mess with a jedi master, Erickson ;).
    MOB: Mobile or Mobile Object. A MUD term originally, used to describe creatures in a game, whether NPCs or enemies.
    Message Edited by El Chupacabras on 11-08-2005 11:37 AM
  7. ARCHIVED-Talimer Guest

I just got my lvl 20 Grim Spellbinder pet, and was wondering if there was any way to make him taunt groups of enemies like the Tellurian Recruit you get as a Summoner. Also, are there any upgrades for the Grim Spellbinder to make him different?
  8. ARCHIVED-El Chupacabras Guest

Grim spellbinder has no inherant taunt, nor does the shadowy line of pets... the only taunt those pets have are from damage (and you really don't want them to taunt anyways as they aren't tank pets like the tellurian and undying adherant lines are).

The pet pics show the different pet appearances by upgrade.
  9. ARCHIVED-Truwen Guest

Thanks, chup nice post its helped me 1, decide to play a necro as my new main and 2, helped me figure out a playstyle for my character.

Thanks.

-truwen
  10. ARCHIVED-BrutalBilly Guest

you gotta love what SOE have done with our zombie pets and zombie illusion. They must have put so much work into all these new expansions, yet haven't found time to make the zombies move their arms, or legs, or make noise, or swim, or jump, or......

Try your zombie illusion and try jumping or swimming....very very sad.
  11. ARCHIVED-MasterAntsa Guest

Great! :smileyhappy:
  12. ARCHIVED-Xalmat Guest

Bumpity bump! Needs a re-sticky.
  13. ARCHIVED-locke_digital Guest

This FAQ has guided me from level 10 to my current level of 30. It's priceless! Thank you for taking the time to write it and keep it up to date!
  14. ARCHIVED-Taranwen Guest

This is a killer post...love it...my necro is a lvl 25 atm but moving quickly.the funnest alt ive ever played. (i think i play her more then my main) your FAQ has helped me quite a bit. I wish there was a guide like this for all the classes..would really help all those people having a hard time choosing what class to play for their personal gaming style. Definately going to bookmark this puppy! thanks again!! :)
  15. ARCHIVED-stgninja Guest

My new main is a 41 necro and I gotta say playing this class just keeps getting better and better.
    I just wish they'd let us fear kite EQ1 style :smileyhappy:

LU18 fortehwin!!!111 :smileyhappy:
  16. ARCHIVED-Xalmat Guest

17. ARCHIVED-TunaBoo Guest

Master shade pic. She has a katana but does pierce.

[IMG]
  18. ARCHIVED-kenjiso Guest

i just wondering if the OP is still playing or not =)
  19. ARCHIVED-Xalmat Guest

Doesn't look like it. I'll probably end up taking over revisions in the near future.
  20. ARCHIVED-NerissaRavenHeart Guest