The Living Legacy Feedback Thread

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-Elstaf, May 27, 2008.

1. ARCHIVED-TalisX1 Guest

Any answer on what the criteria is for the free play? As I said I have a friend, actually two, who were going to come back. But their accounts still show as inactive. They cancelled just before AoC came out and I thought they might have been inactive for two short a time to get the free come back offer. Is this the case?

Silat of Nagafen
  2. ARCHIVED-Grimwell Guest

I'm not sure what that criteria was (how long you have to be inactive). Have them get to CS and see what happens. I'll corner marketing and see if they had a pre-selected cutoff time for the welcome back invitations.
  3. ARCHIVED-TalisX1 Guest

Thank you for the update Grimwell.

Silat of Nagafen
  4. ARCHIVED-Powers Guest

Grim, it's not that people are angry about old friends coming back to play. We're just frustrated at the list of cool things that returnees can get (like free access to Kunark, unique pets, a unique cloak) that those of us who've been subscribed since launch day have no way to get.

We realize you need to offer incentives to lapsed players, but everyone wants neat stuff, not just those returning players.

Powers &8^]

Edited to add: when I say "everyone wants neat stuff", I know there's a lot more neat stuff coming available to all. But this specific neat stuff is stuff that we all want. =)
  5. ARCHIVED-Stanrule1 Guest

My previous thread was locked but no answers to my questions =(

So basically, I re-subscribed to Everquest II yesterday after a four month hiatus. Then this morning I got the email about the 2 free months, free expansion, in-game items, and discount on the new expansion. I am not really concerned with the free two months, but since I do not have the Kunark expansion I would really like to get this. Is there anyway for me to take advantage of this offer and get the expansion? I feel like I am being punished for re-subscribing.

Is it possible for me to cancel my account, wait the month out and then re-activate it using the offer and get the free expansion?

Thanks in advance for any help!
  6. ARCHIVED-Grimwell Guest

I do understand that, and yeah who does not like new shinies? I sure do! Thing is, marketing really wanted to do something big this year -- and this is bigger than what we have done in a long while. I'm excited to see a program as big as this... and it's high time we marketed these games this big. They are great, and have great communities. Plus, the summer is not over... so perhaps before it's over you'll know more than the Day One news. ;) Off to lunch for me.
  7. ARCHIVED-Grimwell Guest

Stanrule1 wrote:
    Contact CS. It's not something that I can answer (I'm not CS and don't know what they can do), and they aren't able to scan the forums for CS questions.
  8. ARCHIVED-Saroc_Luclin Guest

Diknak@Butcherblock wrote:
    But current players are getting something; or rather they have been getting something. They get to experience the game through the entire time they've been playing. They get to take part in the events that have occurred that returning players can't participate in. They also get timed event stuff that returning players don't get, at least not unless they are still playing (Frostfell, Erollossi Day, Hallowe'en Events, Brell's Day, expansion launch events, griffon tower building events, spire building, etc....). Existing players get the LoN drops that were dropping while they were playing (like the game or lump it, it's still a perk). And Existing players get Veteran Rewards that Returning players won't get for a while if they stay. (Especially since SOE usually sets it up so that Free time doesn't count towards Vet rewards)

SOE is giving returning players a big slice to entice them back; but to say Existing player have gotten nothing is a lie. They aren't getting much currently, but they have been getting a lot through the duration.
  9. ARCHIVED-TalisX1 Guest

Which accounts are given free time?
    All inactive subscribers in good standing and trail accounts as of April 31st, 2008, can play EverQuest and EverQuest II with the latest content at no charge during this promotion.

This is from the knowledge base. Guess I should have looked before I asked.
    http://help.station.sony.com/cgi-bi...amp;p_topview=1

Silat of Nagafen
  10. ARCHIVED-DragonMaster2385 Guest

If they gave all of the current subscribers the same free fluff that they are giving the returning players, it really wouldn't be an incentive to return, would it? I mean, that's like saying if they return, they will get access to Antonica.
  11. ARCHIVED-Stanrule1 Guest

Thanks for your help Grimwell. I shot CS an email. I feel really dumb for having subscribed the day before all this cool stuff happens. I did have fun last night though, it's good to be back in EQII and the changes really are fantastic!
  12. ARCHIVED-StealthM0de Guest

Grimwell wrote:
    Please forward this to the marketing department on behalf of an alienated community. Bad idea. Nuff' said.

As someone who recently came back, I take notice to this bribeback program (that is what it is after all). Some try to argue with things like you get vet rewards, they don't. Wrong, if they remember their original login info they get the same vet rewards you do, plus the new bribe items.

I sat down and figured it out, you are getting $60. worth of game time and expansion. On top of this, you get up to 20 months of free game time for signing friends up, this offer isn't retroactive so forget all us old heads that got our friends to sign up before this offer. And nowhere does it mention this new 20 month offer applying to existing subscribers, so again the loyal vet gets the shaft.

I came back too soon is all I can say. Paid $40. for rok 2 weeks back, 2 months of game cards were $30.......I paid $70.00 for what is now free, less then two weeks ago? That alone deserves a wth soe. But lets look deeper.....

Apparently this game is generating such low numbers the marketing dept. has gone into crisis intervention, but with one critical mistake, it did so at the cost of the loyal subscriber/pre-existing subscriber. Not good to draw people back and alienate those that stayed. And I don't care who tries to argue otherwise, the fact is, we the customer have been fed crap and left in the dark yet again....

Kind of hard to post about this here because of the oh thats anti-soe msg going out from the threads locked/deleted here. So the rest of what I would say here will be able to be found on eq2flames.com later tonight. Devs/employees feel free to give it a look, it's ALL the truth. SOE doesn't care about paying customers, they want to give it all away to the quitters that left because THEY DONT LIKE THE GAME or POSSIBLY THE COMPANY! Perhaps next offer should offer a dunk tank to take frustrations out on soe employees, hell I may even purchase a 2nd account just to see that.
  13. ARCHIVED-shadowscale Guest

Saroc_Luclin wrote:
    im just mad they gave the drake pet i have been wanting sence EoF came out to the new people. i want a pet drake. guess i just have to hope the the pet veshaan followers get is a drake when she returns.
  14. ARCHIVED-StealthM0de Guest

Then along the lines of what you are saying why do we not get a special legacy event item since we were LOYAL? Oh thats right, they already got our money. And no, we should get a seperate item, better then anything you can get through legacy bribeback program. Because we've spent the money, whereas they haven't. We paid soe employees salaries, not them. So why should we not voice this serious community splitting issue? And erm, every time u buy a new expansion, you get the same free stuff everyone else gets. Radical change suddenly in soe policy? Are the numbers that low? Do you think this will get loyal customers to return to soe? Newsflash, they didn't leave because they liked the game. And anyone who has played this game since before eof/kos knows this game has been altered radically from what the original devs created, which is in fact the reason quite a bit of the community is gone. Now alienate those that are left, by bribing past customers back?

I am not saying anything more here except this....

If I went to my boss with an idea of an offer to get previous customers to rejoin us but at the cost of our loyal customers, I'd be fired on the spot for bad business sense. You don't put the paying customer out to pull in the quitter. I mean, not if you want to maintain a successful business model for very long.
  15. ARCHIVED-Lunah Guest

I have been with this game since launch, at times with two accounts. Recently tried AoC but decided to stay here as my hubby and friends went to a pvp server in AoC and pvp isnt my thing. But after seeing the living legacy thing I am about ready to cancel for good. After all this time I am to be punished and not get the ingame items or game time that people who gave up on eq2 are getting?? And yes before you ask I find it an insult that the loyal customers are being slighted with this.
    I am all for trying to boost subscription numbers, we could use it. But punishing your loyal customers by leaving them out is insane. I rarely post and yes most times when people do the "i am quitting" posts I just roll my eyes, but this is beyond insulting to those of us who have stuck with eq2 as more and more MMO's have come out. Please rectify this by at least giving us loyal customers the same ingame items and an apology for so rudely being left out.
    PS. And yes this is a repost as the mods decided this should be in one spot...though I fail to see how this is a NON gameplay discussion when ingame items are involved.
  16. ARCHIVED-hisawat Guest

How about this?

Give us one or two extra character slot whose account is active in the end of June. This would rewards both loyal and inactive players.
  17. ARCHIVED-DragonMaster2385 Guest

Stealthmode@Antonia Bayle wrote:
    You are wrong. The vet reward program counts active account days, not current date - start date. If they were inactive for 2 years, they are going to have to play another 2 years before they can get the vet rewards that we do. Not to mention the fact that for every expansion pack that you pay for, you get 3 or 6 months (I can't remember) worth of active days added to your account, so you get your veteran rewards sooner.
  18. ARCHIVED-hisawat Guest

In my experience, SOE gives us the vet reward, depending on how long ago the account was created, not how long the account has been active. So people who made their accounts at launch and quit playing after a month also have 4 year vet items.
  19. ARCHIVED-Cragger Guest

Bad move marketing.

As a loyal paying member of EQ2 since its launch (even the months I didn't play) this is yet again another kick in the pants to loyal customers. Its not that your trying to get back customers, its not even that your using in game items to do so. Its that these items will now be completely exclusive to returnees that your customers that have stuck with you all the way will never have obtainable. And those using the veteran rewards argument are fooling themselves. Given enough time they will have access to veteran rewards yet no matter how much time veteran spend they will not have access to these new in game items as things currently are.

In game items are a huge reason we play the game, its why LoN is successfull at the gambling den it is. But continual moves like this are down the same path SWG once took. And look where that ended up, so think about that everyone at SOE/SCE or whatever you call yourself these days.
  20. ARCHIVED-Ildarus Guest

hisawat wrote:
    Yep, Vet Reward is based on account creation date, not how many days the account has been active.