"The Fippy's" - EQ Awards for The EverQuest Show

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Fading Illusion, Dec 18, 2023.

1. Fading Illusion Active Member

Hello EQ2ers!

I hope you're enjoying BoZ and Frostfell time!

I wanted to ask for your help with something I'm working on for an upcoming year-end episode for The EverQuest Show.

It's an award show type story , like the Emmy's or the Grammy's. I'm calling it "The Fippy's." I'll have general categories with nominations, and then winners for each category.

Not going too crazy this year, here are the initial categories I've come up with. This is for all of 2023, so it *mostly* covers BoZ, but EQ2 has additional content released throughout the year, but to be honest, I'm not as familiar (hence my need for YOUR help!)

Thank you all in advance, and let's keep EQ2 going strong in 2024!
    Fading

Do you have any nominations and votes for each of these categories? (You can nominate multiple NPCs/Zones).

Category : Best new EQ2 Zone

Category : Best new EQ2 NPC Model

Category : Biggest News Story of the Year (related to EQ)
    Sturmlocke and Gninja like this.
  2. Fading Illusion Active Member

BTW, there will be EQ1 categories as well, probably 2 or 3 for both EQ and EQ2.

As for my nominations, here's what I think:

Category : Best new EQ2 Zone
    - Aether Wroughtlands
    - Vaashkaani

Category : Best new EQ2 NPC Model
    This is where I really need help....I'm not sure >which< NPC models are new for the year. EQ2 has such a beautiful art style, so I'm excited to get your input!

Thanks,
    Fading
    Sturmlocke likes this.
  3. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

Best new EQ2 zone- Aether Wroughtlands

Best new EQ2 NPC Model...

Hmmm this all comes down to whether you consider reskins to be new models. The Kirin mounts themselves are absolutely a new model, but there's no wild versions out there to combat (maybe inside a raid zone, but IDK).

The various Maedjinn are mostly reskins of existing Efreeti models with a few minor physical adjustments.

The Splendor Sky Aerie versions of the Hooluk aviaks are new.

The Aeraquis flying horse creatures are brand new, and they look great!

Yeah I'd vote for the Aeraquis.
    Sturmlocke and Fading Illusion like this.
  4. Fading Illusion Active Member

Thanks Cusashorn!
    And yes, I think the Aeraquis are probably my vote as well!

Though I wish I knew exactly which models were new (And yeah, I think reskins count, I guess).

Anyone else want to chime in?

Fading
    Sturmlocke likes this.
  5. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

If you are counting reskins, then I actually like the new Yazdani variant of Nayads. I like how they have feathers.

There's also a platinum variant of the Xux'Laio model up in the platinum area of Aether Wroughtlands. Those 4 golden wings are pretty.
    Sturmlocke likes this.
  6. Sturmlocke Linux enthusiast playing EQ2 via Proton.

Hail Fading, is this only for 2023 or can we add all things 2022 too? I ask because I haven't had much time to try the new expac BoZ just yet, and I am still working my way through RoR, but I did have the chance to play 2022's content and expac for a bit (VoV) and for that I can post my feedback:

2022 & 2023 (partially)

Favorite zone in VoV: Karuupa Jungle

Best NPC models (maybe make them a little bit less shiney / pixelated but overall really well done with much more detail and beautiful art etc.):
    Biggest news story of the year (from what I can recall on the fly):
    • 64-bit client
    • DirectX11 upgrades coming 2024 (this would be my number 1 most "hyped" announcement thus far)
    • Further multicore optimizations
    • EG7 CEO saying that he wants to tap into the golden age of mmos and that the Everquest franchise / brand is what Daybreak considers to be their number 1 mmo from the golden age and that we're going to be focusing on the core for future development (all said during the last EG7 video on Youtube)
    • Side note: Ironically the above is also the saddest part for me because DCUO's visual overhaul got canned (I love dcuo! played and subbed to it for many years and still play every now and then, and starting to play with my oldest son already)
    • EQ1 DX11 officially hitting the EQ1 test servers and Angeliana's post confirming DirectX11 feature updates, performance enhancements and even new art to take advantage of DX11 at some point (if the new system requirements are of any indication then that could mean something nice is in the works or at least planned at some point?)
    • Swag Store launch, still waiting for those sweet vinyl EQ2 edition items
    • Kael and Varsoon TLP server launch
    • EQ1, EQ2 and DCUO now working even better via Proton on Linux (in short: works out of the box, no tweaking necesarry anymore, performance much, much higher than the outdated Windows version). Nothing official ofc, but still a noteworthy news because you're able to reach more players this way and Win7 has officially reached its EoL, and a lot of ppl don't want to downgrade to Win11 Pro Candycrush edition
    • Same goes for Mac, all games work much better now on Mac M1+ hardware thanks to Crossover (night and day difference versus how it was running after M1+ hardware got released). Again, reaching out to more ppl by having this option
    • More realistic looking pets (German Sheppard) -> Look and feel
    • New updates to Frostfell
    • Return of Oceansfull Festival (I like water themed content)
    • Just to name a few. Pretty sure I forgot a few things

Needless to say that there is some gorgeous looking art in both RoR and BoZ, but I will need more time to actually see it all before I can deliver my final feedback on these two. That said, right off the bat for BoZ (RoR wip), I really like what I'm seeing in:
    • 3. Splendor Sky Aerie
    • 2. Aether Wroughtlands
    • 1. And last but not least, actually first: Vaashkaani (my favorite pick would be this thus far)

[IMG]
    And the winner is...

Btw, how much time do we have to post our feedback for you? When is the deadline?
    Breanna likes this.