The final craft for the weekly tradeskill mission has been made significantly more difficult.

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by Avithax, Nov 25, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. din ohtar Member

makes me wish I didn't stop grinding those daily ts apprentices a long time ago.

I could do with some potions of progress about now
  2. Taxet New Member

Did the weekly..OMG.....This is a bad time sink. Stop wasting more of my time. final report took forever..1/10th each tick...I mean Really??????????????????????????????????????????????????????
  3. Dulcenia Well-Known Member

Does anyone else find it ironic that just a few days ago the complaints were about how many times you had to zone to do that weekly?
  4. Catin of Runnyeye Member

I do not understand why SOE have done this nerf. It took me about 6 minutes to do the report today, compared with perhaps 30 seconds last week. No fun at all.

And surely EQ2 should be about having FUN. 6 minutes is a boss fight with a FABLED reward, not a few etyma and a slight chance of an obsolete (level 90) FABLED reward. SOE put the fun back into the game.

If I wanted to spend ages writing reports I'd do it in Real Life!
  5. Deveryn Well-Known Member

If you don't like the timesink, you can skip it.
  6. Deveryn Well-Known Member

The zoning issue is different. In the few minutes it takes to get around, there's the potential to lag out or crash, especially with how populated zones like Vesspyr are. This final combine doesn't take much longer than a rush order writ, so I'm already fine with being stuck in one place for that long. That's where the true irony is IMO, if you can do countless writs, but have an issue with a different kind of 4 minute table session.
  7. Xianthia Well-Known Member

I was expecting a 15 minute combine but instead took me just over 5 minutes. For what each quest takes to complete and then at the end a combine that takes 5-8 minutes it's not an unreasonable amount of time.

Deveryn used a good example (imo obviously) about how long it takes to do a writ and standing in one place for that length of time. Someone will probably come into thread and say they only take 45 secs for a writ :p
  8. Lateana Older than Dirt, Playing EQII since 2004

The problem with a long combine is lag. I had to delete last week's quest and start all over because lag took all my interim components.
  9. Xianthia Well-Known Member

Also don't dismiss the fact that we have a week to complete it. Obviously I don't mean one toon to take that long to complete since that would be unreasonable :confused: For those that have multiple crafters going through the weekly, try and do it piece meal, few toons today, some tomorrow you know use the 7 days available.
  10. Catin of Runnyeye Member

No - but 3 minutes is fairly easy to achieve at level 95. As I said previously, the new time for the Report is 6 minutes with the same kit.
  11. Avithax Well-Known Member

After finally getting to see how difficult it actually is now I would have to say this change is rediculous. After starting this thread I still haven't seen an answer to my question "What on earth made this a high priority?".

Other than appeasing the anti-crafting community I can't think of any good reason why we would be forced to grind one long craft. Even to the extent where Innovation or progress potions are made trivial. This one combine is at least 5 times more difficult than the shawl combine.

Playing Devil's advocate here, can crafters complain about how easy the weekly solo adventure mission is so that the last named's health is increased by 10 fold if someone has the quest in their journal? Don't actually make it a challenge to kill or add anything special to the fight, just give it a ton of health so it takes forever to kill it?
  12. Deveryn Well-Known Member

Nothing made the change a high priority. It was just an easy fix. I'd venture to guess it was almost as easy as adding a couple of zeros to the end of a number.

The anti-crafting community is a myth. No one is conspiring against crafters in any way, shape or form. Some people just take the changes too seriously or personally.

Your comment on advanced solo is not playing Devil's advocate, it's playing Troll Advocate, trying to compare crafting to adventuring. Anyone that's run through that content knows how it can actually be challenging, as opposed to crafting, which could be done by monkeys. That suggestion of yours makes you sound like you don't know what you're talking about and you're being contrary just for the heck of it.
    Avahlynn and Azian like this.
  13. Avithax Well-Known Member

The anti-crafting community exists and if you're denying that i doubt you play the game. It's kind of hard to troll a post that I started however you on the other hand seem to take that same contrary position in almost every post i see your name in.

I was pointing out how absurd this change is by giving an example of of a similar change in an adventuring quest. Whatever you want to call it I don't see it as trolling.
    Cloudrat likes this.
  14. Azian Well-Known Member

Lol. Fanboy. To be fair, I never made one the old easy way. My first weekly was under the new system. My reaction after finishing was "holy **** this is an awesome and super easy way to get more etymas" so I find the angst here amusing.

The only way to do the collection thing indefinitely is to create new toons and constantly delete them. More power to you for doing that method but I can't believe it's really an intended method of gathering etymas and the more people exploit it the more likely it is to be changed as well.
  15. Amargi New Member

From the talk early in the thread I was prepared for a Shawl like combine which I wouldn't have minded. But having done the "significantly more difficult" combine I can only describe my reaction as apoplectic.. Yes apoplectic. There is no combine, to my knowledge, that matches or gives precedent for this one. (Perhaps Experimenting but I've never done that and wont't.) There are many in this thread that seem to "enjoy" having their intelligence insulted. I don't. I enjoy fun, not being bored and annoyed to apoplexy.

Repellent, repugnant, ludicrous, facile, punishing ....

I've never been more angry about an unnecessary or onerous change in this game. I was, until July, a yearly subscriber, That stopped because of the inane Yeppa questline in cobalt scar. I've payed with Kronos through til the end of December for Frostfell.

Now I just wonder how the Devs are gonna frak that up. Unbelievable.
    Athenia and Avithax like this.
  16. Gudum Active Member

17. Gudum Active Member

Can't seem to edit the previous post, so here is the text:

Already been changed in the Tuesday update, now when a low level turns in a collection, they get an item that is used to claim the etyma when they reach level 92.
  18. Deveryn Well-Known Member

I was pointing out how absurd it is to even try to make comparisons between adventuring and crafting. A person usually ends up sounding like a fool or a troll.

One could cast the same doubt on you about playing the game, since you don't even have a link to a character in your postings. :rolleyes:

By the way, I think you're confusing an anti-crafting community with people who are tired of complaints that are based on the fact that other people made the choice to go a little crazy with the character creation and not accept the consequences of that action every time something mildly inconvenient comes along. Everything has to be balanced towards them.
  19. Holbeck Member

It's time consuming, dull and boring. Time consuming is ok, but boring is boring and feedback is feedback.

This is coming from someone who took three days off work in 1999 to camp the goblin alchemist for my monk's treant fists :)
    Finora likes this.
  20. Ynnek Well-Known Member

No potions, No crafting gear. Some bonuses from the TS Prestige AA's that stand in the way of Mass Production.

20 Etyma, for a 5 minute combine. (4 minutes, 50 seconds).
    20 Etyma, for a quest that takes 10 minutes, and only took that because I chose to do it in the guild hall. (And had a little trouble finding free fish)

Not only am I not seeing the pain... I'm thrilled....

Is it dumb, well, yes it is. Can't argue that.

But 20 extra Etyma for all my alts, in < 10 minutes each? (Instead of <5 minutes each). As a once a week chore, I'm not feeling at all outraged...
    Karrane, Shmogre, Avahlynn and 2 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.