The final craft for the weekly tradeskill mission has been made significantly more difficult.

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by Avithax, Nov 25, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Avithax Well-Known Member

The final craft for the weekly tradeskill mission has been made significantly more difficult. ~ Update Notes 11/16

Of all the things that seem imbalanced I would hardly say the worst was how hard it is to craft a report about leaves, fish or conversations. How about the fact that when "Your crafting expertise shines through!" it still consumes all of the materials? Or the severe lack of healing herbs in Obol plains during peak hours when 5-20 people are competing for the same 2-3 nodes and it becomes a mosh pit of rudeness?

What on earth made this a high priority?
    Daalilama, Adaarye, Ranga and 5 others like this.
  2. Kuulei Well-Known Member

What do they even mean by difficult?
    As if my little level 26 - 85 adventurer's multiple deaths isn't enough? :confused:
    Or will it the ability to craft the required items?

What gets me is the 'significant' part and no other explanation. o_O

I have been running 1 adventurer through daily's and she earned over 240 etyma (gold acct) in 7 days and new gear and a fair amount of coin. So, if they are going to make it more difficult, I expect more than 34 etyma for 7 days worth of my time. :rolleyes:
    Whutdah, Adaarye and Alexaandria like this.
  3. Lenolian Active Member

Probably just means that it will take more than 3 tick to complete the craft. The recipes difficulty actually does not reflect the recipe level at all, as a lvl 95 TS it take more time to craft a lvl 30 item than those quest quest recipes.

Because its just a 1 minute work, 5 minutes debug against probably a couple hours of work, and couple of days debugging.
    Feara and Deveryn like this.
  4. Deveryn Well-Known Member

That last part. As it is now, the work done hardly seems to justify the reward. :p I expect it to be as challenging as previous signature quest combines (shawl, SF evac item).
    Feara likes this.
  5. Deveryn Well-Known Member

6. Sambril Well-Known Member

But why? It is a weekly for a few etyma, not a one time quest for a great item.
    Adaarye likes this.
  7. Wurm Well-Known Member

Huh? Why? I craft to whittle away the day when I'm tired of Adventuring, not be annoyed.
    Adaarye and Tylia like this.
  8. Xianthia Well-Known Member

When I read the notes it immediately made me think of the Brontis/EW quest line. If any one remembers when that was first put in the final product took well over 10 minutes (closer to 15 minutes) to complete the item. It was a silly barrier of how long it took to craft something.

Now granted I am not expecting the weekly to just take a second to complete, but certainly hope they aren't going this route to make each ending item take 15 minutes to complete.

Other than the time to complete the combine how else can they make something difficult to craft? Putting in time barriers just for the sake of doing it is wasteful and frustrating.

I have four characters still to go on test on the quest line. I'm hoping to have time tomorrow to at least run one of them through and experience the new system.
  9. Amargi New Member

What is the objective here, to bore us to death? These are some odd patch notes all around, i'e. the Currency tab change. Why don't you make it so we have to zone before we can move currency, that's an idea.

Truly inexplicable.
    Athenia and Adaarye like this.
  10. Deveryn Well-Known Member

The currency change boggles me. I haven't been able to move my currency from the window to the shared bank for a long time now. I'm guessing they've had a lot of problems with people losing etyma by attempting that faster transfer method.

Apparently it's too easy to be a weekly quest. The alternative would be to nerf the reward and turn it into a daily.
  11. Sambril Well-Known Member

I suspect that the currency change is to eliminate some edge case bug/exploit. You already have to move other items to inventory to use - adornments for example. I also think that you have to move mounts from the mount tab to inventory before moving to shared bank - but I didn't check this before server went down.

But if the new crafting for the weekly is too tedious I guess I'll start using my stack of innovation potions.
  12. Prrasha Well-Known Member

You're confusing the dailies with the weeklies. Final reports for the weeklies take the usual amount of time/progress to craft. The 4-item dailies (and most of the crafting on the tradeskill line) are the less-progress-required recipes.

Considering the time required to complete the 10-etyma solo-adventure weekly (i.e. zero; it completely overlaps with daily quests you'd be doing anyway), I don't see why adding timesinkiness to the crafting weekly (which overlaps with nothing) would be a high priority.
  13. Feldon Well-Known Member

Getting 10 Etyma for a 5 minute quest you can sleepwalk through.
    Calthine likes this.
  14. Prrasha Well-Known Member

...as opposed to 10 etyma for a 7-minute quest you have to pay attention to 2 minutes of? (assuming they add the Shawl-style kill-you-if-you-fail-to-counter events...)

Or, on the adventure side, 10 (or 15) etyma for taking 2 seconds to hail the NPC, since you'll be running the zones sometime that week anyway, and the weekly quests add no additional effort to what you'd be doing already? Outside of the crafting weekly, I'd have no reason to go zap Daar sentinels or fly to Wuoshi's island to catch fish (which is dangerous enough on my not-level-95-adventure alts.)

Priority, maybe. "High", no.
  15. Deveryn Well-Known Member

The adventure side may be 2 seconds to hail the NPC, but it's still the result of way more effort (running those zones) than the crafter weekly. People should be happy the weekly even exists.
    Feldon likes this.
  16. Gudum Active Member

The final item crafting time is on par with the summoning crystals for the prayer shawl quest. Going to try the potion of innovation on another toon and see if that works.

This may just be an adjustment for this weeks quest, because it was so short and only had you craft one item.
    Ranga likes this.
  17. Prrasha Well-Known Member

Yeah, it's the goofiness of sharing currency. I would have expected recipes to be purchased with a different (tradeskiller-gained) currency than the adventure-side merchants want (with a possible downconversion to draconic-incense-but-not-etyma, blue-coins-for-siren-parts style)... but we've got what we've got.
  18. Prrasha Well-Known Member

It'll be for all the quests since they all work the same way (travel time, go fishing, craft 1 report; hail 4 guys, craft 1 report, add travel time at the end; travel time, pick plants, craft 1 report; travel time, zap golems, craft 1 report.)
  19. Calthine Well-Known Member

That. If we want to keep that tasty high reward we should be willing to work a little harder. Better than the daily rewards.
    Deveryn and Feara like this.
  20. Prrasha Well-Known Member

...and we're also back in the land of... suspension of disbelief? consistent in-game reality? what's that? We just want certain things to be "hard". And by "hard" we mean "tedious and slightly-time-consuming".

Putting together a non-magical book on botany or fish guts? Terribly hard, life-threatening work (those papercuts are HUGE, man.)

Crafting a dragon-rending sword or enchanting a powerful War Rune? Dead simple, no threat at all, something you do in the background while you chat with your significant other about dinner plans.

(And yes, I know, there's no way to make crafting "more difficult" without revamping the whole system. All you can make it is "more tedious".)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.