The final craft for the weekly tradeskill mission has been made significantly more difficult.

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by Avithax, Nov 25, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dulcenia Well-Known Member

Really?!!! I didn't even think there WAS a grouping pool at the Adv level half of my 95 crafters are at.
  2. Deveryn Well-Known Member

You're right. If they extended it last year, they might do the same this year.

Even if they did this, they would have to adjust for the existence of innovation and progress potions. We would still end up with something that would take as long as this weekly. The added danger would just make it frustrating.
  3. Dulcenia Well-Known Member

Have you ever noticed the counters when making bread rolls in Paineel? You counter explosive reactions. I've always wondered about that...
    Avahlynn likes this.
  4. Prrasha Well-Known Member

Curry-pan! Though I guess that would be "explosive" later in the process...
    Dulcenia likes this.
  5. Dulcenia Well-Known Member

And you better be sitting down for it.
  6. Prrasha Well-Known Member

Reallies!!! Time spent grinding this out every week on a 25 zerker/95 armorer is time not spent killing stuff on a 95 wizard/95 jeweler...
  7. silentstalker65 Member

Well it has been a while since they " Made it Harder" its not harder its longer. Where is the danger besides collecting the items on low lvl adventures. My two cents, add a progress mod to the crafting items, prayer shawl, earring, etc. Since the adventure people got better gear since the start of this and no crafting gear to help through the boredom.
  8. Deveryn Well-Known Member

Available progress mods are part of why the combine takes so long. Adding more will only force them to make future combines take even longer.
  9. Prrasha Well-Known Member

Stacking progress mods is the wrong solution, for sure. That breaks all the normal crafting in the game. The only crazy items are this quest at 14,000 progress , and the Brell-summoning gems at around 5,000 each (and you only make 5 of those, ever, for the Shawl quest.) Everything else is 1,000 or less, that I can recall. (Maybe there's another quest item somewhere that's more, but one-shot quest items are different than normal items or daily/weekly repeatables.)

Just make this combine sane again. We've only got a part-time tradeskill dev at this point, extra work like adjusting all our equipment isn't in the cards.
    Feara likes this.
  10. Mae- Well-Known Member

You keep saying this, but you fail to realize that the two options were to change the combine and keep the reward, or keep the combine, and change the reward.
  11. Prrasha Well-Known Member

I said I didn't accept that argument on the previous page, and I haven't changed my mind in the last day.
    Feara likes this.
  12. Deveryn Well-Known Member

I think we're stuck with it the way it is. 21 pages and so many weeks of wheel spinning and nothing has changed. The best we can hope for is that they never do anything like this again.
    Feara likes this.
  13. Prrasha Well-Known Member

The devs are not infallible, as much as it would improve the game if they were. ;)

The playerbase can occasionally shout down bad changes, both small and large. Remember the "fighter revamp"? How many tens or hundreds of hours of dev time went into that for them to say, in the end, "yes, you're right, we'll scrap it all"?
  14. Katz Well-Known Member

Can you link to where the developers stated that this was the two options? I have been unable to find the developer statement.
  15. Mae- Well-Known Member

No I can't, because it was part of a discussion with a guildmate of mine, not a post on these forums. You can take me at my word, or you can dismiss me, but I assure you, those were the two options. I rather like the choice they made, tho I'm sure if they had gone the other way to begin, I would have grudgingly accepted it (and cried about whiners nerfing it).
  16. CoLD MeTaL Well-Known Member

Well tell your guildmate/dev that there are often more than 2 answers to a problem. Enlightment can be a beautiful thing.
  17. Mae- Well-Known Member

Of course their are. It's not like they said it's this or that, that's just the final product of the discussion. There were other options discussed, but it simply came down to change the quest, or change the reward.
  18. Deveryn Well-Known Member

I've never played a fighter much, so I didn't notice a revamp.

No one ever said the devs were infallible. They do have a schedule to maintain, though. It'll be easier for them to do it properly next time rather than go back and try to change this in a way that requires a fair amount of effort for the same reward. This is just another reason beta should be taken more seriously and see more participation. We've been over their limited options for this quest. It's a painful combine, but I'll take my 20 easy etyma every chance I can get.
    Ranga and Azian like this.
  19. Pauly Well-Known Member

I do it on one crafter even though I have 10 that can do it. I don't log in to be bored. If I'm not having fun, I'm loggin out.
    Mermut, Finora, Athenia and 1 other person like this.
  20. Cloudrat Well-Known Member

Wasting time is not my definition of easy. Wasting time is not my definition of fun. Waiting a week should be plenty of penalty.
    Alenna likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.